Branches, translation and next stable

Francisco Vila
Hello. I am trying to put my translations ready for stable. It's that
season again: the doubt about what changes in originals should go
translated to stable and what shouldn't. I have done the following
assumptions:

stable/2.18 is fairly new and short;

before this fork, many changes in docs were made. They affect to
changes, input/regression and po.

master and staging have two changes in docs after the fork that
shouldn't be translated yet.

therefore, unless staging gets merged onto 'translation' (please
don't), all that appears to be pending in translations as it is right
now, should be translated and cherry-picked onto stable.

Are they correct? Thanks.

Re: Branches, translation and next stable

David Kastrup
Francisco Vila <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello. I am trying to put my translations ready for stable. It's that
> season again: the doubt about what changes in originals should go
> translated to stable and what shouldn't. I have done the following
> assumptions:
>
> stable/2.18 is fairly new and short;
>
> before this fork, many changes in docs were made. They affect to
> changes, input/regression and po.
>
> master and staging have two changes in docs after the fork that
> shouldn't be translated yet.
>
> therefore, unless staging gets merged onto 'translation' (please
> don't), all that appears to be pending in translations as it is right
> now, should be translated and cherry-picked onto stable.
>
> Are they correct? Thanks.

I've merged the last common commit before the master/2.18 split into
translation.  I'll be merging translation into stable occasionally until
we get 2.18 out and then some.  I'll see how feasible it is to merge
translation into master as well, but the main focus of translators
should just be on keeping translation translated...

--
David Kastrup

Re: Branches, translation and next stable

Federico Bruni-2
2013/11/7 David Kastrup <[hidden email]>
I'll be merging translation into stable occasionally until
we get 2.18 out and then some.  I'll see how feasible it is to merge
translation into master as well, but the main focus of translators
should just be on keeping translation translated...

I think I'll update doc-it this weekend.

I hoped I could receive first a revision patch from the translation checker, but I've not heard from him for almost a month.. so I think I'll need some help when I apply his patch - probably not updated - after my update.