Broken download links

Harmath Dénes
Hi all,

in the German, Japanese and Hungarian translations of the website, the download links are broken: they appear verbatim as @downloadStableLinuxNormal, though they are referenced the same way. I couldn't find where they are defined. What could cause the problem, and how could it be solved?

Thanks in advance,
Dénes Harmath

Re: Broken download links

Jean-Charles MALAHIEUDE
Le 01/03/2010 10:40, Harmath Dénes disait :

> Hi all,
>
> in the German, Japanese and Hungarian translations of the website, the download links are broken: they appear verbatim as @downloadStableLinuxNormal, though they are referenced the same way. I couldn't find where they are defined. What could cause the problem, and how could it be solved?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dénes Harmath

I remember having had such a problem when dealing with this page.
I don't know what was wrong and havae not been able to diagnose
anything, but the only thing that worked after many attempts was a fresh
build (make doc-clean && make doc).

Good luck!

Re: Broken download links

Harmath Dénes
Unfortunately, on the production server
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/web as of 2.13.16), the
download links are still buggy. Could anyone do a fresh build on it?
Should I ask this on the devel list?

Dénes

Jean-Charles Malahieude <[hidden email]> írta (2010. március 1. 19:31):

> Le 01/03/2010 10:40, Harmath Dénes disait :
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> in the German, Japanese and Hungarian translations of the website, the
>> download links are broken: they appear verbatim as
>> @downloadStableLinuxNormal, though they are referenced the same way. I
>> couldn't find where they are defined. What could cause the problem, and how
>> could it be solved?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Dénes Harmath
>>

> I remember having had such a problem when dealing with this page.
> I don't know what was wrong and havae not been able to diagnose anything,
> but the only thing that worked after many attempts was a fresh build (make
> doc-clean && make doc).
>
> Good luck!
>
> Jean-Charles

Re: Broken download links

Il giorno lun, 01/03/2010 alle 10.40 +0100, Harmath Dénes ha scritto:
> in the German, Japanese and Hungarian translations of the website, the
> download links are broken: they appear verbatim as
> @downloadStableLinuxNormal, though they are referenced the same way. I
> couldn't find where they are defined. What could cause the problem,

The translation of web/download.itexi is certainly out-of-date.  I know
that I don't keep the translation infrastructure in a decent state and I
welcome anybody motivated enough to do better and more than me, but
please, make sure you have updated your translation before reporting
problems on it.

> and how could it be solved?

Update the translation according to the diff from
make TRANSLATION_FILES=hu/web/download.itexi check-translation

See the Contributors' Guide for more details.

Best,

Re: Broken download links

Harmath Dénes
On 2010.03.31., at 14:11, John Mandereau wrote:

> Il giorno lun, 01/03/2010 alle 10.40 +0100, Harmath Dénes ha scritto:
>> in the German, Japanese and Hungarian translations of the website, the
>> download links are broken: they appear verbatim as
>> @downloadStableLinuxNormal, though they are referenced the same way. I
>> couldn't find where they are defined. What could cause the problem,
>
> The translation of web/download.itexi is certainly out-of-date.  I know
> that I don't keep the translation infrastructure in a decent state and I
> welcome anybody motivated enough to do better and more than me, but
> please, make sure you have updated your translation before reporting
> problems on it.

I copied web/download.itexi verbatim to hu/web/download.itexi, ran make doc and the problem still persists. I have no clue...

>> and how could it be solved?
>
> Update the translation according to the diff from
> make TRANSLATION_FILES=hu/web/download.itexi check-translation

I am not sure how to do this in case of building outside the source tree. When I run this inside the build directory's Documentation directory, I get:

ISOLANG= /usr/bin/python /Users/thsoft/Development/lilypond-translation/scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py  hu/web/download.itexi
warning: 128 fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/thsoft/Development/lilypond-translation/scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 168, in <module>
    main ()
  File "/Users/thsoft/Development/lilypond-translation/scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 165, in main
    do_file (i, langdefs.LANGDICT.keys ())
  File "/Users/thsoft/Development/lilypond-translation/scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 61, in do_file
    translated_contents = open (file_name).read ()
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'hu/web/download.itexi'
make: *** [check-translation] Error 1

Inside the source directory's Documentation:

../make/stepmake.make:69: ../config.make: No such file or directory
../make/toplevel-version.make:6: /VERSION: No such file or directory
../make/stepmake.make:107: /stepmake/no-builtin-rules.make: No such file or directory
../make/stepmake.make:118: /stepmake/generic-vars.make: No such file or directory
../make/stepmake.make:118: /stepmake/documentation-vars.make: No such file or directory
../make/stepmake.make:118: /stepmake/texinfo-vars.make: No such file or directory
../make/stepmake.make:118: /stepmake/tex-vars.make: No such file or directory
../make/stepmake.make:118: /stepmake/omf-vars.make: No such file or directory
make: /python/langdefs.py: Command not found
make: /python/langdefs.py: Command not found
../make/substitute.make:4: /stepmake/substitute-vars.make: No such file or directory
../make/substitute.make:5: /stepmake/substitute-rules.make: No such file or directory
../make/stepmake.make:125: /stepmake/generic-rules.make: No such file or directory
../make/stepmake.make:125: /stepmake/documentation-rules.make: No such file or directory
../make/stepmake.make:125: /stepmake/texinfo-rules.make: No such file or directory
../make/stepmake.make:125: /stepmake/tex-rules.make: No such file or directory
../make/stepmake.make:125: /stepmake/omf-rules.make: No such file or directory
../make/stepmake.make:127: /stepmake/generic-targets.make: No such file or directory
../make/stepmake.make:127: /stepmake/documentation-targets.make: No such file or directory
../make/stepmake.make:127: /stepmake/texinfo-targets.make: No such file or directory
../make/stepmake.make:127: /stepmake/tex-targets.make: No such file or directory
../make/stepmake.make:127: /stepmake/omf-targets.make: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/stepmake/omf-targets.make'.  Stop.

> See the Contributors' Guide for more details.

I assume section 4.8.3 Documentation translation maintenance is relevant. I'll read it thoroughly.

> Best,
> John

Best,
Dénes

Re: Broken download links

John Mandereau
Il giorno sab, 03/04/2010 alle 17.32 +0200, Harmath Dénes ha scritto:
> I copied web/download.itexi verbatim to hu/web/download.itexi, ran
> make doc and the problem still persists. I have no clue...

Maybe there is somet translation missing in create-weblinks-itexi.py,
but don't bother looking at this file until I have cleaned that messy
script.  The strings to be translated will be in the PO files when
needed.  In the meantime, you won't waste your time updating
hu/web/download.itexi.

> I am not sure how to do this in case of building outside the source tree.

Neither am I.  Translation maintenance tools that rely on using the Git
local repo currently don't support to be run outside the source tree,
and I don't expect this to change before an enormous amount of other
more important tasks for translations.

Re: Broken download links

Harmath Dénes
On http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/web, all download links are working now! Yay! Thanks for the fix!

thSoft

On 2010.04.03., at 21:50, John Mandereau wrote:

> Il giorno sab, 03/04/2010 alle 17.32 +0200, Harmath Dénes ha scritto:
>> I copied web/download.itexi verbatim to hu/web/download.itexi, ran
>> make doc and the problem still persists. I have no clue...
>
> Maybe there is somet translation missing in create-weblinks-itexi.py,
> but don't bother looking at this file until I have cleaned that messy
> script.  The strings to be translated will be in the PO files when
> needed.  In the meantime, you won't waste your time updating
> hu/web/download.itexi.
>

>> I am not sure how to do this in case of building outside the source tree.
>
> Neither am I.  Translation maintenance tools that rely on using the Git
> local repo currently don't support to be run outside the source tree,
> and I don't expect this to change before an enormous amount of other
> more important tasks for translations.
>
> Cheers,
> John

Re: Broken download links

John Mandereau
Il giorno dom, 11/04/2010 alle 19.52 +0200, Harmath Dénes ha scritto:
> On http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/web, all download links are working now! Yay! Thanks for the fix!

Cool!  Note that most of the recent work that allowed this has been done
by Jan, and not by me.

Best,