Chinese webpage is almost ready

Francisco Vila
Hello,

we finally have a working Chinese webpage from Ben Luo.  'make
website' runs without errors or critic warnings, the look is
consistent, most links do work (see below), and it is almost ready to
ship.

What it needs to be really useful, is to make links to manuals lead to
English manuals, and download links lead to something downloadable.

For this, as a minimum, all macros across zh/web/download.itexi and
zh/web/manuals.itexi should be defined and inserted in place, and all
@node Learning etc in manuals.itexi should exist and match menu
entries.  A string for "Search" should appear in a file
zh/search-box.ihtml copied from Documentation/search-box.ihtml if you
want to translate the search box.

To complete the translation, in addition to node names, you should
clone the structure of every *.itexi file from originals, especially
the @divClass{} and @divEnd macros.  Ideally, as Dénes has pointed,
translating a set of strings should suffice but our build system does
not rely on this.  Besides, this has one advantage: you can still
build old, outdated documentation and read it in a single language,
without seeing untranslated paragraphs everywhere.

For not-too-big files, I encounter very handy the 'meld' utility
http://meld.sourceforge.net which compares files and directories.
Anyone else does use it?

Re: Chinese webpage is almost ready

Ben Luo
Hi Francisco,

Please kindly find two files I translated partly and I think the
structures are right.

BTW, I use kdiffer3 as my major diff tools.

benluo

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Francisco Vila <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we finally have a working Chinese webpage from Ben Luo.  'make
> website' runs without errors or critic warnings, the look is
> consistent, most links do work (see below), and it is almost ready to
> ship.
>
> What it needs to be really useful, is to make links to manuals lead to
> English manuals, and download links lead to something downloadable.
>
> For this, as a minimum, all macros across zh/web/download.itexi and
> zh/web/manuals.itexi should be defined and inserted in place, and all
> @node Learning etc in manuals.itexi should exist and match menu
> entries.  A string for "Search" should appear in a file
> zh/search-box.ihtml copied from Documentation/search-box.ihtml if you
> want to translate the search box.
>
> To complete the translation, in addition to node names, you should
> clone the structure of every *.itexi file from originals, especially
> the @divClass{} and @divEnd macros.  Ideally, as Dénes has pointed,
> translating a set of strings should suffice but our build system does
> not rely on this.  Besides, this has one advantage: you can still
> build old, outdated documentation and read it in a single language,
> without seeing untranslated paragraphs everywhere.
>
> For not-too-big files, I encounter very handy the 'meld' utility
> http://meld.sourceforge.net which compares files and directories.
> Anyone else does use it?
>
> --
> Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
> www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com

search-box.ihtml (766 bytes) Download Attachment
manuals.itexi (16K) Download Attachment
download.itexi (15K) Download Attachment

2011/2/4 Ben Luo <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Francisco,
>
> Please kindly find two files I translated partly and I think the
> structures are right.

You're right! Sorry, you had already sent the files.

Please ignore my last message asking for these.