Continuation of translations

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Continuation of translations

Till Paala
Hi translators,

how have you handled the situation until now? I somehow felt so far
reluctant to do much about corrections on the translation because it
seemed it changed so far and my time is quite limited so I would like to
use it well.

It has been quite silent on the list, but at least the french team has
done some improvements and corrections, if I understand correctly.
Additionally there are now Hungarian and Italian translations of some
parts of the documentation.

But how ist the general situation? Is the restructuring coming slowly to
a point where it seems reasonable to start tackling the changes? There
are also a lot of features that have been added and for which
translation text has become available. On the other hand hardly anybody
except the translators themselves are able to retrieve the translated
docs at the moment, because there are no links on the 2.13 pages. I
guess, you know, John, how to fix this but just don't have enough time
to do this.

Another point is the website: Did I understand correctly that there are
some trials to translate the website (and thus the documentation
interface) into french and dutch? Are there still too much flaws so this
cannot yet be extended to the other languages?

So where should I invest the litte time I have to spend at the moment
for lilypond? How do you answer this question to yourself?

Greetings from snowy Finland.
Till


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Continuation of translations

John Mandereau
Hi Till,
Le dimanche 13 décembre 2009 à 20:12 +0200, Till Paala a écrit :
> how have you handled the situation until now?

Badly, because I've been too busy to follow all things Graham launched
last summer.


> I somehow felt so far
> reluctant to do much about corrections on the translation because it
> seemed it changed so far and my time is quite limited so I would like to
> use it well.

The tutorial has been recently splitted in chapters, but the structure
of the LM is quite stable now AFAICT, you may want to update it.


> On the other hand hardly anybody
> except the translators themselves are able to retrieve the translated
> docs at the moment, because there are no links on the 2.13 pages. I
> guess, you know, John, how to fix this but just don't have enough time
> to do this.

The docs are reached from the new website, the old documentation index
has been abandoned.


> Another point is the website: Did I understand correctly that there are
> some trials to translate the website (and thus the documentation
> interface) into french and dutch? Are there still too much flaws so this
> cannot yet be extended to the other languages?

You can already start translating the files, but the build of translated
website in HTML is broken, as it doesn't produce the right HTML
filenames.  I expect to fix this within ten days.


> So where should I invest the litte time I have to spend at the moment
> for lilypond? How do you answer this question to yourself?

2.14 is planned roughly in a month, so I might advise you to translate
or update files according to current order in the CG, so 2.14 comes out
with up-to-date German translation.

Best,
John

signature.asc (205 bytes) Download Attachment