Convert-ly on translations

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Convert-ly on translations

Francisco Vila
Hello again.

It is critical that convert-ly can be run smoothly on all docs for 2.14. But see

https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1358

All languages are now checked and only this issue remains AFAICT.
German team: some feedback welcome.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Convert-ly on translations

Francisco Vila
2010/11/15 Francisco Vila <[hidden email]>:
> Hello again.
>
> It is critical that convert-ly can be run smoothly on all docs for 2.14. But see
>
> https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1358
>
> All languages are now checked and only this issue remains AFAICT.
> German team: some feedback welcome.

Sorry, but this stupid wireless gateway only allows me to pull via
http:, not git: and even less git+ssh: which is required to push :-(

I have checked it.  If de/fretted-strings has @c \version 2.13.36 as
it should, then convert-ly on all docs only updates version strings,
no more changes besides that.  Closing Issue 1358 depends on version
of de/fretted.

Warnings include and limit to

  - de/notation/wind.itely Not smart enough to convert woodwind-diagrams
  - de/notation/percussion.itely Not smart enough, minimum-Y-extent is obsolete
  - de/notation/rhythms.itely Not smart enough, \bar "." now produces
a thick barline
  - de/notation/ancient.itely, minimum-Y-extent again

I will do this tonight if nobody is quicker.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Convert-ly on translations

Francisco Vila
2010/11/15 Valentin Villenave <[hidden email]>:

>> Warnings include and limit to
>>
>>  - de/notation/wind.itely Not smart enough to convert woodwind-diagrams
>
> This is not limited to the German docs. The message is printed
> whenever woodwind-diagrams are encountered. The code looks fine,
> however.

I only obtain the warning on de/ when converting-ly all docs in all
languages.  I infer that the code is probably fine but an unwanted
conversion is being tried due to an outdated version string.

Same is valid for all docs in all languages: if we have warnings in
de/ and the code is the same as in fr/ or es/ which do not issue
warnings, it's the version string.  If we apply convert-ly twice, all
warnings dissapear.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Convert-ly on translations

Francisco Vila
2010/11/15 Francisco Vila <[hidden email]>:

> I only obtain the warning on de/ when converting-ly all docs in all
> languages.

I mean:  when converting-ly all docs in all languages, I only obtain
the warning on de/


--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Convert-ly on translations

Till Paala
In reply to this post by Francisco Vila
Am 15.11.10 12:54, schrieb Francisco Vila:

> 2010/11/15 Francisco Vila<[hidden email]>:
>> Hello again.
>>
>> It is critical that convert-ly can be run smoothly on all docs for 2.14. But see
>>
>> https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1358
>>
>> All languages are now checked and only this issue remains AFAICT.
>> German team: some feedback welcome.
> I have checked it.  If de/fretted-strings has @c \version 2.13.36 as
> it should, then convert-ly on all docs only updates version strings,
> no more changes besides that.  Closing Issue 1358 depends on version
> of de/fretted.
>
> Warnings include and limit to
>
>    - de/notation/wind.itely Not smart enough to convert woodwind-diagrams
>    - de/notation/percussion.itely Not smart enough, minimum-Y-extent is obsolete
>    - de/notation/rhythms.itely Not smart enough, \bar "." now produces
> a thick barline
>    - de/notation/ancient.itely, minimum-Y-extent again
>
> I will do this tonight if nobody is quicker.
Hi,
sorry, I havn't had time to investigate this up til now. So far I didn't
update version strings in none of the German files, but sure I updated
all changes to lilypond snippets as well as text as up to the commitish
indicated in the top of the file.
I did run the convert-ly script once and did get some warnings like the
above ones, but didn't have the time to investigate further.

If it just is about changing version strings and copying lilypond
snippets from English to German then I can do this tonight.

So it appears to me fretted-strings has already the changes for/from
2.13.36 but the wrong version string prevent convert-ly from working
correctly?

Till


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Convert-ly on translations

Till Paala
In reply to this post by Francisco Vila
Am 15.11.10 16:47, schrieb Francisco Vila:
> Same is valid for all docs in all languages: if we have warnings in
> de/ and the code is the same as in fr/ or es/ which do not issue
> warnings, it's the version string.  If we apply convert-ly twice, all
> warnings dissapear.

Ok, just noticed this now: thanks Francisco for updating the version
strings in de. Is convert-ly now running smoothly or is there still
something to do?

Till



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Convert-ly on translations

Till Paala
In reply to this post by Till Paala
Am 15.11.10 19:12, schrieb Graham Percival:

>
> The wrong version string would prevent convert-ly from working
> correctly.  I have not looked at de/fretted-strings, so I can't
> comment about whether it already has the changes or not.
> (oh wait, I actually _did_ look at it.  Yes, it has the changes.  Just
> update the version string, and then wait for Francisco to merge it
> with master)
>
> - Graham
>
Great, Francisco did the version strings update already.

Till



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Convert-ly on translations

Francisco Vila
In reply to this post by Till Paala
2010/11/15 Till Paala <[hidden email]>:
> Am 15.11.10 16:47, schrieb Francisco Vila:
>>
>> Same is valid for all docs in all languages: if we have warnings in
>> de/ and the code is the same as in fr/ or es/ which do not issue
>> warnings, it's the version string.  If we apply convert-ly twice, all
>> warnings dissapear.
>
> Ok, just noticed this now: thanks Francisco for updating the version strings
> in de. Is convert-ly now running smoothly or is there still something to do?

It's done, it runs smoothly, closing the issue. Thanks!

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Convert-ly on translations

Francisco Vila
In reply to this post by Till Paala
2010/11/15 Graham Percival <[hidden email]>:

> The wrong version string would prevent convert-ly from working
> correctly.  I have not looked at de/fretted-strings, so I can't
> comment about whether it already has the changes or not.
> (oh wait, I actually _did_ look at it.  Yes, it has the changes.  Just
> update the version string, and then wait for Francisco to merge it
> with master)

I will merge once I check that docs compile.

So it appears convert-ly is not something translators have to do
ingeneral, but if we have updated the snippets on a file it is good to
run it on the file to check that nothing strange happens.  In
particular, it is adviseable to have the same version string as the
original English file, just in case.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Convert-ly on translations

Francisco Vila
2010/11/15 Francisco Vila <[hidden email]>:

> I will merge once I check that docs compile.

Jean-Charles: I can not merge lilypond/translation into master because
you have edited spacing.itely on both branches.  When you have the
time, please try to solve the merge conflicts and commit the result,
thanks.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Convert-ly on translations

Jean-Charles MALAHIEUDE
> Message du 15/11/10 22:15
> De : "Francisco Vila"
> A : "Translations list at lilynet"
> Copie à : "Jean-Charles Malahieude"
> Objet : Re: Convert-ly on translations
>
> 2010/11/15 Francisco Vila :
>
> > I will merge once I check that docs compile.
>
> Jean-Charles: I can not merge lilypond/translation into master because
> you have edited spacing.itely on both branches. When you have the
> time, please try to solve the merge conflicts and commit the result,
> thanks.
>

I won't be able to do anything before this evening, since I'm at the office
(lostdoze & nothing for anything else than /work/).
The culprit is "Doc: trim leading spaces."

Sorry for the delay,
Jean-Charles




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Convert-ly on translations

Francisco Vila
2010/11/16 Lilyfan <[hidden email]>:

>> 2010/11/15 Francisco Vila :
>> Jean-Charles: I can not merge lilypond/translation into master because
>> you have edited spacing.itely on both branches. When you have the
>> time, please try to solve the merge conflicts and commit the result,
>> thanks.
>>
>
> I won't be able to do anything before this evening, since I'm at the office
> (lostdoze & nothing for anything else than /work/).
> The culprit is "Doc: trim leading spaces."

I could be wrong, but trying to solve the conflicts by myself I found
much more complex editings than leading spaces.

- ea09091569 Doc-fr: apply changes to vertical spacing is in master
- ebed0ba28c Doc-fr: spacing is in lilypond/translation

both are yours, and both are huge.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Convert-ly on translations

Jean-Charles MALAHIEUDE
Le 16/11/2010 09:14, Francisco Vila disait :

>
> 2010/11/16 Lilyfan<[hidden email]>:
>>> 2010/11/15 Francisco Vila :
>>> Jean-Charles: I can not merge lilypond/translation into master because
>>> you have edited spacing.itely on both branches. When you have the
>>> time, please try to solve the merge conflicts and commit the result,
>>> thanks.
>>>
>>
>> I won't be able to do anything before this evening, since I'm at the office
>> (lostdoze&  nothing for anything else than /work/).
>> The culprit is "Doc: trim leading spaces."
>
> I could be wrong, but trying to solve the conflicts by myself I found
> much more complex editings than leading spaces.
>
> - ea09091569 Doc-fr: apply changes to vertical spacing is in master
> - ebed0ba28c Doc-fr: spacing is in lilypond/translation
>
> both are yours, and both are huge.
>

You are right. I don't know how I managed to create such a mess...

It is now merged and pushed.
I'll wait you merge the other way before going forward.

Thanks,
Jean-Charles