Czech characters

Francisco Vila
I am experiencing some troubles from Czech docs.  Anyone knows a
solution for this,

  l.2264: Unicode char @u8:�lo not defined for Texinfo [177]

or can give a clue on how to proceed?

Re: Czech characters

Francisco Vila
2011/1/27 Francisco Vila <[hidden email]>:
> I am experiencing some troubles from Czech docs.  Anyone knows a
> solution for this,
>
>  l.2264: Unicode char @u8:�lo not defined for Texinfo [177]

more info on this, in a similar message:

l.122: Unicode char @u8:\355lo not defined for Texinfo
./learning.toc:122: Undefined control sequence.
@putwordAppendix ->P\370
                     \355lohy

Re: Czech characters

Yoshiki Sawada
I faced same problem.

In my case, the reason why is that Texinfo does not support Japanese.
(See http://www.mail-archive.com/lilypond-devel@.../msg19748.html)

Therefore, John solved it by disabling Japanese PDF document.
I do not know how he solved it.
But "ja/[sub_directories]/GNUmakefile"s have a line "NO_PDF_FILES = 1".
(And the expression "enable_ly_identifier_l10n=False" in "python/langdef.py" looks like having meanings.)

I hope this helps you.
----
Yoshiki Sawada

2011/1/28 Yoshiki Sawada <[hidden email]>:

> I faced same problem.
>
> In my case, the reason why is that Texinfo does not support Japanese.
> (See http://www.mail-archive.com/lilypond-devel@.../msg19748.html)
>
> Therefore, John solved it by disabling Japanese PDF document.
> I do not know how he solved it.
> But "ja/[sub_directories]/GNUmakefile"s have a line "NO_PDF_FILES = 1".
> (And the expression "enable_ly_identifier_l10n=False" in "python/langdef.py"
> looks like having meanings.)
>
> I hope this helps you.

Yes, I will disable PDF for Czech then. Thanks!

Re: Czech translation of LilyPond documentation

2011/1/27 Pavel Fric <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> First I intended simply erase all  occurrences of that translated verse, I made it, but then I found, that I've already used @c KEEP LY at the beginning of the line later in the file, also I reverted the deletion (I began again - but this time with inserting of that command and with erasing of original English text - I translated it before and created "pairs of texts")
>
> If the would be problem just describe what to do to me - I hope that I didn't exaggerate the insertion of @c KEEP LY and made it well.
>
> The corrected file is attached.

Pavel:  I obtain an error from common-notation.itely related to the
use of \Housle in a snippet, which is not defined, see line 1311.

The problem with KEEP LY is that we should first be sure everything
does work 'as is', then customize some snippets if needed.  My advice
is for you to keep your docs as in sync as possible with the
originals.  Your model for common-notation.itely is an old version of
the German file.