Doc-it update patch

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Doc-it update patch

Federico Bruni-2
Hi,

can anyone please have a look at the attached patch?
I run scripts/auxiliar/strip-whitespace.py on the edited files, so it
shouldn't be any problem with trailing spaces, hopefully.

My next step is translating remaining files in priority 3, but I'll wait
for you to apply the patch before starting.

Cheers,
Federico

0001-Doc-it-update-italian-translation.patch (134K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Doc-it update patch

Francisco Vila
2010/11/27 Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> can anyone please have a look at the attached patch?
> I run scripts/auxiliar/strip-whitespace.py on the edited files, so it
> shouldn't be any problem with trailing spaces, hopefully.
>
> My next step is translating remaining files in priority 3, but I'll wait
> for you to apply the patch before starting.

I'm afraid I won't find any time until Monday.  Can not currently pull
and the patch does not apply cleanly on my (old) tree.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Doc-it update patch

Federico Bruni-2
Il giorno sab, 27/11/2010 alle 23.34 +0100, Francisco Vila ha scritto:

> 2010/11/27 Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > can anyone please have a look at the attached patch?
> > I run scripts/auxiliar/strip-whitespace.py on the edited files, so it
> > shouldn't be any problem with trailing spaces, hopefully.
> >
> > My next step is translating remaining files in priority 3, but I'll wait
> > for you to apply the patch before starting.
>
> I'm afraid I won't find any time until Monday.  Can not currently pull
> and the patch does not apply cleanly on my (old) tree.
>

Hi Francisco,

a gentle ping to remind you...

I'd like to translate some new files on Sunday, but I won't do it until
patch is applied (I'm scared of the Git mess I could generate on my
computer).

Thanks,
Federico



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Doc-it update patch

Francisco Vila
2010/12/3 Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>:

> Il giorno sab, 27/11/2010 alle 23.34 +0100, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
>> 2010/11/27 Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > can anyone please have a look at the attached patch?
>> > I run scripts/auxiliar/strip-whitespace.py on the edited files, so it
>> > shouldn't be any problem with trailing spaces, hopefully.
>> >
>> > My next step is translating remaining files in priority 3, but I'll wait
>> > for you to apply the patch before starting.
>>
>> I'm afraid I won't find any time until Monday.  Can not currently pull
>> and the patch does not apply cleanly on my (old) tree.
>>
>
> Hi Francisco,
>
> a gentle ping to remind you...

Done.  Please check! Thank you
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Doc-it update patch

Federico Bruni-2
Il giorno ven, 03/12/2010 alle 23.56 +0100, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
> > Hi Francisco,
> >
> > a gentle ping to remind you...
>
> Done.  Please check! Thank you

Thanks.
There is no conflict but, after pulling, my branch is ahead by 2 commit.

git log -p

commit 2e2166004fdd1cbfd3cda09ec697bbe84d73a001
Merge: 6f6134b 27945b3
Author: Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>
Date:   Sat Dec 4 10:24:18 2010 +0100

    Merge branch 'lilypond/translation' of git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond
into li

commit 27945b310409e8e0e76ceffc5aa34851448239b8
Author: Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>
Date:   Sat Nov 27 17:22:41 2010 +0100

    Doc-it: update italian translation


So the last commit is the merge.

I'm sure there's no difference between my copy and origin.
So I could safely do:
git reset --hard origin/lilypond/translation

right?

But I wonder: why git pull didn't "work"?
I should have pushed before pulling?
I guess that always using git reset --hard is not a "best practice".

See below for git output.


fede@debian:~/lilypond-git$ git status
# On branch lilypond/translation
# Your branch is ahead of 'origin/lilypond/translation' by 1 commit.
#
nothing to commit (working directory clean)
fede@debian:~/lilypond-git$
fede@debian:~/lilypond-git$
fede@debian:~/lilypond-git$ git pull
remote: Counting objects: 1242, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (344/344), done.
remote: Total 899 (delta 666), reused 753 (delta 555)
Receiving objects: 100% (899/899), 1.12 MiB | 220 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (666/666), completed with 337 local objects.
From git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond
   92190ad..27945b3  lilypond/translation -> origin/lilypond/translation
Auto-merging Documentation/it/learning/fundamental.itely
Merge made by recursive.
 
[cut]
list of files....


fede@debian:~/lilypond-git$ git status
# On branch lilypond/translation
# Your branch is ahead of 'origin/lilypond/translation' by 2 commits.
#
nothing to commit (working directory clean)
fede@debian:~/lilypond-git$ git diff HEAD
fede@debian:~/lilypond-git$ git diff origin/lilypond/translation




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Doc-it update patch

Francisco Vila
2010/12/4 Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>:

> There is no conflict but, after pulling, my branch is ahead by 2 commit.
>
> git log -p
>
> commit 2e2166004fdd1cbfd3cda09ec697bbe84d73a001
> Merge: 6f6134b 27945b3
> Author: Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>
> Date:   Sat Dec 4 10:24:18 2010 +0100
>
>    Merge branch 'lilypond/translation' of git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond
> into li
>
> commit 27945b310409e8e0e76ceffc5aa34851448239b8
> Author: Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>
> Date:   Sat Nov 27 17:22:41 2010 +0100
>
>    Doc-it: update italian translation
>
>
> So the last commit is the merge.

Yes, this is because I had to resolve two conflicts.  Patch did not
apply cleanly at first, but I did git am -3

> I'm sure there's no difference between my copy and origin.

There were a coule of differences, certainly.

> So I could safely do:
> git reset --hard origin/lilypond/translation
>
> right?

No need, but it is harmless if you don't have anything valuable and
not commited.

>
> But I wonder: why git pull didn't "work"?

Because of the conflicts.

> I should have pushed before pulling?

No, you sent me the patch, you should rely on remote tree since then

> I guess that always using git reset --hard is not a "best practice".

--hard could be too 'hard' but pull right after one and nothing bad will happen.

Summarizing.  If you have nothing valuable, reset hard to cc6f143d298
then pull.  That commit is previous to your patch, I think.  If not,
reset to a even earlier version.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Doc-it update patch

Federico Bruni-2
Il giorno sab, 04/12/2010 alle 11.27 +0100, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
> 2010/12/4 Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>:
> > So the last commit is the merge.
>
> Yes, this is because I had to resolve two conflicts.  Patch did not
> apply cleanly at first, but I did git am -3
>

ok

> > I'm sure there's no difference between my copy and origin.
>
> There were a coule of differences, certainly.
>

why Git didn't tell me anything about it? (see terminal output in my
previous email)


> Summarizing.  If you have nothing valuable, reset hard to cc6f143d298
> then pull.  That commit is previous to your patch, I think.  If not,
> reset to a even earlier version.
>

it worked, thanks



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Doc-it update patch

Francisco Vila
2010/12/5 Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>:

> Il giorno sab, 04/12/2010 alle 11.27 +0100, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
>> 2010/12/4 Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>:
>> > So the last commit is the merge.
>>
>> Yes, this is because I had to resolve two conflicts.  Patch did not
>> apply cleanly at first, but I did git am -3
>>
>
> ok
>
>> > I'm sure there's no difference between my copy and origin.
>>
>> There were a coule of differences, certainly.
>>
>
> why Git didn't tell me anything about it? (see terminal output in my
> previous email)

Git told you that all was OK because I pushed a commit with conflicts
already resolved.  The problem originated when you posted a patch
which I initially didn't know which version did it apply against.  git
am -3 figures it out and does the trick.  Problem solved in my side,
no problem on git after I did push that commit, no problem in your
side when you pull.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com