Doc-ja: update snippets

Yoshiki Sawada
Hello Francisco and all,

I want to translate snippets.
So, as the first step, I decided to add "piano-template-simple.texidoc"
to "ja/texidocs" and delete "piano-template-with-centered-dynamics.texidoc"
(it is already unused).

I added/deleted snippet files, ran "makelsr.py", committed it
and created a patch.
I will edit the file again to adjust the 40-digit committish
after someone applies my patch to "translation" branch.

Does it make sense?

Thanks,
Yoshiki Sawada (Japan)

0001-Doc-ja-update-snippets.patch (225K) Download Attachment

Re: Doc-ja: update snippets

Francisco Vila
2012/4/30 Yoshiki Sawada <[hidden email]>:

> Hello Francisco and all,
>
> I want to translate snippets.
> So, as the first step, I decided to add "piano-template-simple.texidoc"
> to "ja/texidocs" and delete "piano-template-with-centered-dynamics.texidoc"
> (it is already unused).
>
> I added/deleted snippet files, ran "makelsr.py", committed it
> and created a patch.
> I will edit the file again to adjust the 40-digit committish
> after someone applies my patch to "translation" branch.
>
> Does it make sense?

Yes but look at my commit b482c3e5b56c3841a88d957e0ca12964bd3e64fa

It is the equivalent of your patch. Here I called it 'local run of makelsr'.
It includes only changes to snippets made by my own work on texidocs.

The long series of committish updates that appear in your patch should
belong to your second patch, in which the committishes should be the
commit ID of your first patch.

I have pushed your patch after amending it with the first part only.
Commit is d76b338302374164acc9b62a0d628d4d230bfa95

For clarity, you can include in the first patch any change to the
texidoc along the results of makelsr. Then, the second patch can
include only the adjust to committish in the same texidoc file.

To summarize. instead of git-adding everything that makelsr modifies, you can

  edit ja/texidocs/whatever.texidoc
  run makelsr
  git add snippets/whatever.texidoc
  git add ja/texidocs/whatever.texidoc
  commit, wait for an ID in savannah
  adjust committish = this ID
  commit

Re: Doc-ja: update snippets

Francisco Vila
2012/4/30 Francisco Vila <[hidden email]>:
> To summarize. instead of git-adding everything that makelsr modifies, you can
>
>  edit ja/texidocs/whatever.texidoc
>  run makelsr
>  git add snippets/whatever.texidoc

Sorry, it should be

  git add snippets/whatever.ly

obviuosly.

>  git add ja/texidocs/whatever.texidoc
>  commit, wait for an ID in savannah
>  adjust committish = this ID
>  commit

Re: Doc-ja: update snippets

Yoshiki Sawada
Thank you for your instructing, Francisco.
I think I understood what you said.

Now, I should make a patch to add "piano-template-simple.texidoc" having
the committish "d76b338302374164acc9b62a0d628d4d230bfa95".
Is it right?

For the next time, I will include only "whatever.ly" which I change by running
makelsr.py in the first patch.

Thanks,
Yoshiki Sawada (japan)

Re: Doc-ja: update snippets

Francisco Vila
2012/4/30 Yoshiki Sawada <[hidden email]>:
> Thank you for your instructing, Francisco.
> I think I understood what you said.
>
> Now, I should make a patch to add "piano-template-simple.texidoc" having
> the committish "d76b338302374164acc9b62a0d628d4d230bfa95".
> Is it right?

Yes.

> For the next time, I will include only "whatever.ly" which I change by running
> makelsr.py in the first patch.

OK.

Then, from time to time, you'll want to make thousands of lines in
output of 'make check-translation' output to dissapear, then you can
prepare a giant patch which adjusts aaaall committishes. Let's do it
not very frequently and I think we all will be happy. Remember that
this kind of patches make check-translation to produce tons of lines
of output for other translators.

Just as my patch 5839515e4ab336cab48a0fdfb6fb68d4ac4e8c08 made. This
is because of a problem in the helper scripts's design.

Re: Doc-ja: update snippets

Yoshiki Sawada
I send a patch to add "piano-template-simple.texidoc" to "ja/texidocs".

I will take care of including only changes which I make in my patches.
And fix wrong committishes when I find.

Thanks,
Yoshiki Sawada (Japan)

0001-Doc-ja-add-piano-template-simple.texidoc.patch (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Doc-ja: update snippets

Francisco Vila
2012/4/30 Yoshiki Sawada <[hidden email]>:
> I send a patch to add "piano-template-simple.texidoc" to "ja/texidocs".
>
> I will take care of including only changes which I make in my patches.
> And fix wrong committishes when I find.
>
> Thanks,
> Yoshiki Sawada (Japan)

Pushed.