Doubt about @ref{Align} in text.itely of the notationn manual

Walter Garcia-Fontes
There are some "@ref{Align}" in text.itely of the Notation
Manual in several languages (for instance in Spanish and
Italian). But I can't find a node called like that in the English
documentation or any other language.

Has this been changed in the English manual? Why doesn't it cause an
error when compiling the documentation?

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes
L'Hospitalet de Llobregat

Re: Doubt about @ref{Align} in text.itely of the notationn manual

Federico Bruni-3

Il giorno lun 10 lug 2017 alle 7:54, Walter Garcia-Fontes
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> There are some "@ref{Align}" in text.itely of the Notation
> Manual in several languages (for instance in Spanish and
> Italian). But I can't find a node called like that in the English
> documentation or any other language.
>
> Has this been changed in the English manual? Why doesn't it cause an
> error when compiling the documentation?

It's a link to the appendix:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/align

If you look at Documentation/notation/notation-appendices.itely, you'll
see that some lists of commands are included from an external file:

```
@node Text markup commands
@appendixsec Text markup commands

@include markup-commands.tely

@node Text markup list commands
@appendixsec Text markup list commands

The following commands can all be used with @code{\markuplist}:

@include markup-list-commands.tely
```

If you search these files, you'll find them in the build directories:

$ find . -name markup-commands.tely
./Documentation/out-www/markup-commands.tely
./Documentation/out/markup-commands.tely

As they are generated automatically by lilypond, there's no way to
translate them.
Probably a comment would have helped translators...

Re: Doubt about @ref{Align} in text.itely of the notationn manual

Walter Garcia-Fontes
* Federico Bruni, [hidden email] [10/07/17 10:36]:

> Il giorno lun 10 lug 2017 alle 7:54, Walter Garcia-Fontes
> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> > There are some "@ref{Align}" in text.itely of the Notation
> > Manual in several languages (for instance in Spanish and
> > Italian). But I can't find a node called like that in the English
> > documentation or any other language.
> >
> > Has this been changed in the English manual? Why doesn't it cause an
> > error when compiling the documentation?
> >

> It's a link to the appendix:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/align
>
> If you look at
> Documentation/notation/notation-appendices.itely, you'll
> see that some lists of commands are included from an
> external file:
>
> ```
> @node Text markup commands
> @appendixsec Text markup commands
>
> @include markup-commands.tely
>

> @node Text markup list commands
> @appendixsec Text markup list commands
>
> The following commands can all be used with @code{\markuplist}:
>
> @include markup-list-commands.tely
> ```
>
> If you search these files, you'll find them in the build directories:
>
> $ find . -name markup-commands.tely
> ./Documentation/out-www/markup-commands.tely
> ./Documentation/out/markup-commands.tely
>

> As they are generated automatically by lilypond, there's
> no way to translate them.
> Probably a comment would have helped translators...

Thanks Federico, there are actually more "@ref" like this one in
text.itely from the Notation Manual, and indeed, a comment for
translators would help, since they look exactly the same as other
refs.

Walter

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes