Doubt in Documentation/lilypond-texi2html.init

Doubt in Documentation/lilypond-texi2html.init

Rafael Fontenelle
In Documentation/lilypond-texi2html.init, there is following string to
translate:

 'T2H_today' => ''

I notice some translated as '%s, %d %d' while ca translated to 'T2H_today'.

What is this string for? What is the syntax?

A explanatory comment around here could be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Rafael Fontenelle

Re: Doubt in Documentation/lilypond-texi2html.init

Federico Bruni-3

Il giorno gio 2 ago 2018 alle 20:19, Rafael Fontenelle
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> In Documentation/lilypond-texi2html.init, there is following string to
> translate:
>
>  'T2H_today' => ''
>
> I notice some translated as '%s, %d %d' while ca translated to
> 'T2H_today'.

T2H_today is not the correct translation for sure.
Honestly, I don't know what this does. It's probably the format of a
date, so translators can adapt it to the form in use in their language.
But I can't find any date in HTML manuals...
%y %m %d would have been more easy to guess. I have no idea about what
%s %d %d might refer to.
Use '%s, %d %d' like the other languages did.

> What is this string for? What is the syntax?
>
> A explanatory comment around here could be useful.

I'm afraid that nobody will be able to explain anything about this
mysterious file.
It was written by a developer who quit the project years ago.

texi2html is an old piece of software, which was replaced by texi2any,
but nobody managed to migrate LilyPond documentation to it.
See issue 1000 and 1557 here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/search/?q=summary%3Atexi2html