Error in make doc: learning.texi

Walter Garcia-Fontes
I'm working in the translations in the learning directory of
Documentation. I'm getting this error:

Runaway argument?
{ca_\finish }\else \globaldefs = 1 \input txi-ca.tex \fi \closein 1
\endgroup \
ETC.
./learning.texi:15: Paragraph ended before
\documentlanguagetrywithoutunderscor
e was complete.
<to be read again>
                   \par
l.15

?
./learning.texi:15: Emergency stop.
<to be read again>
                   \par
l.15

./learning.texi:15:  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file
produced!
Transcript written on learning.log.
/usr/bin/texi2dvi: pdfetex exited with bad status, quitting.

But I can't see anything wrong in line 15 of learning.tely. Is there
anything to be changed somewhere else that is producing this error?

In any case I haven't finished the translations in this directory, if
it is just a matter of translating all the files of this directory
please ignore.

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes
L'Hospitalet de Llobregat

Re: Error in make doc: learning.texi

> I'm working in the translations in the learning directory of
> Documentation. I'm getting this error:
>
> Runaway argument?
> {ca_\finish }\else \globaldefs = 1 \input txi-ca.tex \fi \closein 1
> \endgroup \
> ETC.
> ./learning.texi:15: Paragraph ended before
> \documentlanguagetrywithoutunderscor
> e was complete.
> <to be read again>
>                    \par
> l.15
>
> ?
> ./learning.texi:15: Emergency stop.
> <to be read again>
>                    \par
> l.15
>
> ./learning.texi:15:  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file
> produced!
> Transcript written on learning.log.
> /usr/bin/texi2dvi: pdfetex exited with bad status, quitting.
>
> But I can't see anything wrong in line 15 of learning.tely.

It is not learning.tely but a generated learning.texi in out-www/

A PDF is built from it using tex/texinfo.tex which is where
documentlanguagetrywithoutunderscore is defined in.

Is all that I can tell you for now. Runaway argument generally means a
missing closing brace.

Re: Error in make doc: learning.texi

Walter Garcia-Fontes
* Francisco Vila, [hidden email] [21/06/14 16:14]:

> > I'm working in the translations in the learning directory of
> > Documentation. I'm getting this error:
> >
> > Runaway argument?
> > {ca_\finish }\else \globaldefs = 1 \input txi-ca.tex \fi \closein 1
> > \endgroup \
> > ETC.
> > ./learning.texi:15: Paragraph ended before
> > \documentlanguagetrywithoutunderscor
> > e was complete.
> > <to be read again>
> >                    \par
> > l.15
> >
> > ?
> > ./learning.texi:15: Emergency stop.
> > <to be read again>
> >                    \par
> > l.15
> >
> > ./learning.texi:15:  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file
> > produced!
> > Transcript written on learning.log.
> > /usr/bin/texi2dvi: pdfetex exited with bad status, quitting.
> >
> > But I can't see anything wrong in line 15 of learning.tely.
>
> It is not learning.tely but a generated learning.texi in out-www/
>
> A PDF is built from it using tex/texinfo.tex which is where
> documentlanguagetrywithoutunderscore is defined in.
>
> Is all that I can tell you for now. Runaway argument generally means a
> missing closing brace.

Thanks, let's see if I can find the error now...

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes
L'Hospitalet de Llobregat