Fwd: GOP-PROP 2-1: LilyPond is part of GNU

Fwd: GOP-PROP 2-1: LilyPond is part of GNU

Francisco Vila
Dear translators, whoever feels he should do anything about the "open
source"/"free software" phrase, please do it. The German translation
has been explicitly mentioned in the thread, see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2012-07/msg00403.html
and related posts. I'm out to Madrid until next Sunday. I will be able
to read emails. Thanks!

Re: Fwd: GOP-PROP 2-1: LilyPond is part of GNU

Federico Bruni-2
2012/7/18 Francisco Vila <[hidden email]>:
> Dear translators, whoever feels he should do anything about the "open
> source"/"free software" phrase, please do it. The German translation
> has been explicitly mentioned in the thread, see
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2012-07/msg00403.html
> and related posts. I'm out to Madrid until next Sunday. I will be able
> to read emails. Thanks!

Hi Francisco,

I'm without Internet connection at home since a week.
It was supposed to be fixed within yesterday, according to my ISP....
I'll keep the fingers crossed.

BTW, I'd like to test git push.
These instructions are up-to-date?
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/pushing-to-staging

###################################
If you are working on branches and your work in is my_branch_name, then do:

    git checkout staging
    git pull -r
    git merge my_branch_name
    gitk
    git push origin staging
###################################

where my_branch_name will be translation

2012/7/18 Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>:

> BTW, I'd like to test git push.
> These instructions are up-to-date?
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/pushing-to-staging
>
> ###################################
> If you are working on branches and your work in is my_branch_name, then do:
>
>     git checkout staging
>     git pull -r
>     git merge my_branch_name
>     gitk
>     git push origin staging
> ###################################
>
> where my_branch_name will be translation

No; these instructions are not specifically for translators.
Translators should always push to translation. The name of your branch
can be 'translation', too. Commits go from translation to staging
branch only when I perform a merge.

If you have a file in .git/remotes called e.g. translation-origin which contains

  Push: translation:refs/heads/translation
  Pull: translation:translation

(where your_user is your user name) then you should be able to push by
the following command:

  git push translation-origin