Fwd: convert-ly on translations

Francisco Vila
Hereby I forward this from Graham.  Feel free to ask if anyone has problems.

I had to compare the results with 10bd5cc938 from Graham and a further
commit fbc66ca73dac9 . Some manual retouches were needed.

To check all files had the version string I did this naive command
Documentation/es$ for a in `find |grep .itely$` ; do echo $a;  grep
'@c \\version' $a; done

For the actual convert I did
Documentation/es$ for a in `find |grep .itely$` ; do echo $a;
convert-ly -e $a &>> errors; done

Then checked errors.

Re: Fwd: convert-ly on translations

Jean-Charles MALAHIEUDE
Le 23/10/2010 16:48, Francisco Vila disait :

> Hereby I forward this from Graham.  Feel free to ask if anyone has problems.
>
> I had to compare the results with 10bd5cc938 from Graham and a further
> commit fbc66ca73dac9 . Some manual retouches were needed.
>
> To check all files had the version string I did this naive command
> Documentation/es$ for a in `find |grep .itely$` ; do echo $a;  grep
> '@c \\version' $a; done
>
> For the actual convert I did
> Documentation/es$ for a in `find |grep .itely$` ; do echo $a;
> convert-ly -e $a&>>  errors; done
>
> Then checked errors.

Mainly in LL/notation/staff.itely
remaining instances of "@funindex RemoveEmptyStaffContext" to be
removed (corresponding to lines 716 and 765 of the English version)

instances (after converting) of
@funindex \Staff \RemoveEmptyStaves
to be changed with
@funindex \RemoveEmptyStaves

and in LL/notation/fretted-strings.itely where
"... #default-fret-table \chordmode {..." will become
"... #default-fret-table #default-fret-table \chordmode {..."
with one superfluous "#default-fret-table"

As far as I remember, that's all I noticed comparing with Graham's results.

2010/10/23 Jean-Charles Malahieude <[hidden email]>:

> Mainly in LL/notation/staff.itely
> remaining instances of "@funindex RemoveEmptyStaffContext" to be
> removed (corresponding to lines 716 and 765 of the English version)
>
> instances (after converting) of
> @funindex \Staff \RemoveEmptyStaves
> to be changed with
> @funindex \RemoveEmptyStaves

Here I added the no-backslash version

@funindex RemoveEmptyStaves

In addition, "Using the @code{\Staff \RemoveEmptyStaves} command" now
looks nonsense; I've slightly reworded the Spanish version.

> and in LL/notation/fretted-strings.itely where
> "... #default-fret-table \chordmode {..." will become
> "... #default-fret-table #default-fret-table \chordmode {..."
> with one superfluous "#default-fret-table"

convert-ly did not change this in my tree.

> As far as I remember, that's all I noticed comparing with Graham's results.

This change

-@c {forcing-visibility-of-systems-with-multi-bar-rests-when-using-\RemoveEmptyStaffContext.ly}
+@c {forcing-visibility-of-systems-with-multi-bar-rests-when-using-\Staff
\RemoveEmptyStaves.ly}

in keyboards.itely should not happen, even if it's inside a comment.

Re: Fwd: convert-ly on translations

Le 23/10/2010 16:48, Francisco Vila disait :

> Hereby I forward this from Graham.  Feel free to ask if anyone has problems.
>
> I had to compare the results with 10bd5cc938 from Graham and a further
> commit fbc66ca73dac9 . Some manual retouches were needed.
>
> To check all files had the version string I did this naive command
> Documentation/es$ for a in `find |grep .itely$` ; do echo $a;  grep
> '@c \\version' $a; done
>
> For the actual convert I did
> Documentation/es$ for a in `find |grep .itely$` ; do echo $a;
> convert-ly -e $a&>>  errors; done
>
> Then checked errors.

I actually ran with the --to=2.13.36 option, in order to get really
synchronized with English. So the full command was (in Documentation/fr)

$ for a in `find |grep .itely$` ; do echo $a; convert-ly -e --to=2.13.16
$a&>>  errors; done

I'm now going to have a drink before diner.

Re: Fwd: convert-ly on translations

Till Paala
Am 23.10.10 17:48, schrieb Francisco Vila:

> Hereby I forward this from Graham.  Feel free to ask if anyone has problems.
>
> I had to compare the results with 10bd5cc938 from Graham and a further
> commit fbc66ca73dac9 . Some manual retouches were needed.
>
> To check all files had the version string I did this naive command
> Documentation/es$ for a in `find |grep .itely$` ; do echo $a;  grep
> '@c \\version' $a; done
>
> For the actual convert I did
> Documentation/es$ for a in `find |grep .itely$` ; do echo $a;
> convert-ly -e $a&>>  errors; done
>
> Then checked errors.
Oops, somehow forgot about that one? I am quite tight with my time for
LilyPond and there has been really a lot of updates to the files and
some bigger rewrites that I havn't yet touched. Do you know about the
time schedule for 2.14? (I guess not even Graham knows :-)

Till

2010/10/30 Till Paala <[hidden email]>:

> Do you know about the time
> schedule for 2.14? (I guess not even Graham knows :-)

No, he doesn't, and there is no schedule, but I'd say December at
most, the time to fix a couple of critical bugs and polish some docs.