GSoC: translating or not?

do you think that it's worth translating the new GSoC page?
I can see that Francisco has translated it, but I'm trying to do it and
I'm afraid that I'm writing a bunch of stupid things :-)
I mean, it's too technical for me.

And more important: whoever wants to apply for this program must be able
to speak a good english.

So I think that I'll translate the introduction and leave the detailed
list of tasks untranslated.

What do you think about it?

Re: GSoC: translating or not?

Jean-Charles MALAHIEUDE
Le 09/04/2012 10:58, Federico Bruni disait :

> Hi,
>
> do you think that it's worth translating the new GSoC page?
> I can see that Francisco has translated it, but I'm trying to do it and
> I'm afraid that I'm writing a bunch of stupid things :-)
> I mean, it's too technical for me.
>
> And more important: whoever wants to apply for this program must be able
> to speak a good English.
>
> So I think that I'll translate the introduction and leave the detailed
> list of tasks untranslated.
>
> What do you think about it?

As a matter of fact, I've translated it in French for two reasons:

a) I consider it not very elegant to have just one page in the middle
that doesn't get translated

b) It explains, for those who are not fluent in English and won't go to
the tracker, what might be needed for resolving a "problem" or
developing a useful enhancement.

Re: GSoC: translating or not?

Francisco Vila
Hello,

2012/4/9 Jean-Charles Malahieude <[hidden email]>:

> Le 09/04/2012 10:58, Federico Bruni disait :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> do you think that it's worth translating the new GSoC page?
>> I can see that Francisco has translated it, but I'm trying to do it and
>> I'm afraid that I'm writing a bunch of stupid things :-)
>> I mean, it's too technical for me.
>>
>> And more important: whoever wants to apply for this program must be able
>> to speak a good English.
>>
>> So I think that I'll translate the introduction and leave the detailed
>> list of tasks untranslated.
>>
>> What do you think about it?
>>

> As a matter of fact, I've translated it in French for two reasons:
>
> a) I consider it not very elegant to have just one page in the middle that
> doesn't get translated
>
> b) It explains, for those who are not fluent in English and won't go to the
> tracker, what might be needed for resolving a "problem" or developing a
> useful enhancement.
>
> Cheers,
> Jean-Charles

Nothing to add, my motives for translating it were the same.

Re: GSoC: translating or not?

Il 09/04/2012 11:19, Jean-Charles Malahieude ha scritto:
> As a matter of fact, I've translated it in French for two reasons:
>
> a) I consider it not very elegant to have just one page in the middle
> that doesn't get translated
>
> b) It explains, for those who are not fluent in English and won't go to
> the tracker, what might be needed for resolving a "problem" or
> developing a useful enhancement.

ok, you conviced me :)
I'm waiting for feedback from proofreader, I hope to submit the patch soon