Hardcoded strings in website

Harmath Dénes
Hi all,

in lilypond-texi2html.init,

Thanks to webdev.nl for hosting lilypond.org.

and in search-box.html,

strings are hardcoded. They should be i18n'd.

Best,
Dénes

Re: Hardcoded strings in website

John Mandereau
Le mardi 29 décembre 2009 à 22:34 +0100, Harmath Dénes a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> in lilypond-texi2html.init,
>
> Thanks to webdev.nl for hosting lilypond.org.
>
> and in search-box.html,

> strings are hardcoded. They should be i18n'd.
Thanks for the reminder, I fixed it in my working tree. I'm for removing
'(main)' completely, though, so I'm waiting for a reply to this request
on -devel before final testing and pushing.

Re: Hardcoded strings in website

Le mardi 29 décembre 2009 à 22:34 +0100, Harmath Dénes a écrit :
> in lilypond-texi2html.init,
>
> Thanks to webdev.nl for hosting lilypond.org.
>
> and in search-box.html,

> strings are hardcoded. They should be i18n'd.

Fixed: search-box.ihtml should be translated, and there is a new string
to translate directly in Texi2HTML init file, near the beginning.

Best,

On 2010.01.04., at 2:36, John Mandereau wrote:

> Le mardi 29 décembre 2009 à 22:34 +0100, Harmath Dénes a écrit :
>> in lilypond-texi2html.init,
>>
>> Thanks to webdev.nl for hosting lilypond.org.
>>
>> and in search-box.html,

>> strings are hardcoded. They should be i18n'd.
>
> Fixed: search-box.ihtml should be translated, and there is a new string
> to translate directly in Texi2HTML init file, near the beginning.
>
> Best,
> John

Uhm, it seems to me that the encoding of search-box.ihtml is not UTF-8, while it should be. I wrote "Keresés" in it with UTF-8 encoding and it appears as "Keresés".
Should another encoding be used, and if yes, what?

Dénes

Le lundi 04 janvier 2010 à 22:24 +0100, Harmath Dénes a écrit :
> Uhm, it seems to me that the encoding of search-box.ihtml is not
> UTF-8, while it should be. I wrote "Keresés" in it with UTF-8 encoding
> and it appears as "Keresés".

Ugh, it means Perl (the interpreter for Texi2HTML) doesn't read in UTF-8
by default.  Sigh.

> Should another encoding be used, and if yes, what?

No, I'll look at this next week-end.