New set of Catalan translations with new errors

New set of Catalan translations with new errors

Walter Garcia-Fontes
I've produced a new set of Catalan translations, and again I'm asking
for help because it doesn't build. It seems I get new type of errors
each round 8-(.

This time I'm not getting errors (is seems to me) in the Catalan part,
but surprisingly in the English part, but of course I'm not sure.

This set of patches includes a texinfo.tex file from upstream texinfo
which includes some fixes for the Catalan translation of texinfo.

So if any kind soul can give a look to this, or point me to the right
direction to debug it.

You can download my patches against the translation branch from:
http://puna.upf.edu/catalan_april15.zip

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes
L'Hospitalet de Llobregat

Re: New set of Catalan translations with new errors

Jean-Charles MALAHIEUDE
Le 12/04/2015 13:09, Walter Garcia-Fontes a écrit :
> I've produced a new set of Catalan translations, and again I'm asking
> for help because it doesn't build. It seems I get new type of errors
> each round 8-(.
>
> This time I'm not getting errors (is seems to me) in the Catalan part,
> but surprisingly in the English part, but of course I'm not sure.

You've skipped one LilyPond's adaptation in texinfo.tex

> This set of patches includes a texinfo.tex file from upstream texinfo
> which includes some fixes for the Catalan translation of texinfo.
>
> So if any kind soul can give a look to this, or point me to the right
> direction to debug it.
>
> You can download my patches against the translation branch from:
> http://puna.upf.edu/catalan_april15.zip

I've spent all day long on it, but won't have any time to dig further in
it before next weekend.

Three things you'll have to assimilate:

1- please don't promise a hamburger when you deliver a hot dog!

in learning.tely there is "Templates" on the menu, but you deliver

@node Plantilles
@appendix Plantilles
@translationof Templates

in learning/templates.itely

2- avoid any punctuation in a menu item and in @node since what will
appear is what follows the @-sectioning:

@menu
*Notes lletra i acords:: …explanation…
@endmenu

@node Notes lletra i acords
@appendixsubsec Notes, lletra i acords
@translationof Notes lyrics and chords

3- Please use the named variant for cross-references when you still have
not translated the target manual: in order to avoid

WARNING: Unable to find node 'Lligadures de fraseig' in book notation.

use @rusernamed{Phrasing slur, Lligadures de fraseig}

You'll find enclosed a patch against you work so far. Please apply it on
your box, and go on.
File learning.splittexi.log gives you where I'm still stuck by now.

corrects_some_changes_made_by_Walter.patch (24K) Download Attachment
learning.splittexi.log (2K) Download Attachment

Le 18/04/2015 22:17, Jean-Charles Malahieude a écrit :
> […]
>
> You'll find enclosed a patch against you work so far. Please apply it on
> your box, and go on.

Oops! Take this patch instead (wrong way round).

Just forgot to mention that I had to change "Í" and "Ú" in menus and
sectioning in order to go further.

patch0.patch (24K) Download Attachment

Re: New set of Catalan translations with new errors

Walter Garcia-Fontes
* Jean-Charles Malahieude, [hidden email] [18/04/15 22:27]:

> Le 18/04/2015 22:17, Jean-Charles Malahieude a écrit :
> >[…]
> >
> >You'll find enclosed a patch against you work so far. Please apply it on
> >your box, and go on.
>

> Oops! Take this patch instead (wrong way round).
>
> Just forgot to mention that I had to change "Í" and "Ú" in menus and
> sectioning in order to go further.

Here is a new set of patches, including yours (thank you!), which I
think builds cleanly:

http://puna.upf.edu/catalan_april21.zip

Thanks a lot!,
Walter

Le 21/04/2015 07:13, Walter Garcia-Fontes a écrit :

> Here is a new set of patches, including yours (thank you!), which I
> think builds cleanly:
>
> http://puna.upf.edu/catalan_april21.zip

Applied on my box, but building other languages crashes.
I've investigated and sent a report to bug-texinfo
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-texinfo/2015-04/msg00037.html
after narrowing the problem.

As soon as Karl founds a fix, I'll push your work and merge with master.

Re: New set of Catalan translations with new errors

Walter Garcia-Fontes
* Jean-Charles Malahieude, [hidden email] [29/04/15 14:03]:

> Le 21/04/2015 07:13, Walter Garcia-Fontes a écrit :
> >
> >Here is a new set of patches, including yours (thank you!), which I
> >think builds cleanly:
> >
> >http://puna.upf.edu/catalan_april21.zip
> >

> Applied on my box, but building other languages crashes.
> I've investigated and sent a report to bug-texinfo
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-texinfo/2015-04/msg00037.html
> after narrowing the problem.
>
> As soon as Karl founds a fix, I'll push your work and merge with master.

Great, thank you very much Jean-Charles.

Le 29/04/2015 14:12, Walter Garcia-Fontes a écrit :

> * Jean-Charles Malahieude, [hidden email] [29/04/15 14:03]:
>> Le 21/04/2015 07:13, Walter Garcia-Fontes a écrit :
>>>
>>> Here is a new set of patches, including yours (thank you!), which I
>>> think builds cleanly:
>>>
>>> http://puna.upf.edu/catalan_april21.zip
>>>

>> Applied on my box, but building other languages crashes.
>> I've investigated and sent a report to bug-texinfo
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-texinfo/2015-04/msg00037.html
>> after narrowing the problem.
>>
>> As soon as Karl founds a fix, I'll push your work and merge with master.

Karl has updated texinfo.tex, and everything is now correct.

I've made some corrections and reinstated "Í" and "Ú" and pushed as
Doc-ca: fix remaining errors
f11e0db79f7a4916c82f0281b1155ee335ab4300

I'm now merging master into translation and will push afterwards.