Problems in webpage, please let's try to solve soon!

Problems in webpage, please let's try to solve soon!

Francisco Vila
Hello all,

Graham has found some problems in the new webpage that should be
addressed by us.  The page is going online in a few hours; could we
try to fix most of them ASAP?  Thank you!

Initializing settings for web site: [es]
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Using a Virtual Machine to Compile
LilyPond' in book contributor.
mass-link.py
Initializing settings for web site: [fr]
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Using a Virtual Machine to Compile
LilyPond' in book contributor.
mass-link.py
Initializing settings for web site: [it]
mass-link.py
Initializing settings for web site: [nl]
** Unknown command with braces `@contactUsAbout' (in
out-website/others-did.itexi l. 31)
mass-link.py
Initializing settings for web site: [de]
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Using a Virtual Machine to Compile
LilyPond' in book contributor.
mass-link.py

Re: Problems in webpage, please let's try to solve soon!

Jean-Charles MALAHIEUDE
Le 21/09/2010 19:38, Francisco Vila disait :

> Hello all,
>
> Graham has found some problems in the new webpage that should be
> addressed by us.  The page is going online in a few hours; could we
> try to fix most of them ASAP?  Thank you!
>
> Initializing settings for web site: [es]
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Using a Virtual Machine to Compile
> LilyPond' in book contributor.
> mass-link.py
> Initializing settings for web site: [fr]
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Using a Virtual Machine to Compile
> LilyPond' in book contributor.
> mass-link.py
> Initializing settings for web site: [it]
> mass-link.py
> Initializing settings for web site: [nl]
> ** Unknown command with braces `@contactUsAbout' (in
> out-website/others-did.itexi l. 31)
> mass-link.py
> Initializing settings for web site: [de]
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Using a Virtual Machine to Compile
> LilyPond' in book contributor.
> mass-link.py

I cannot understand this since we have not translated the contributors'
guide.

We already have all those warnings due to the inability to have the
bloody snippets manual translated...

And I have an error when building the docs on the translation branch,
dealing with regressions and therefore cannot check what I would like to
commit and push.

But I'll try to keep available for the evening (until 11) if I might
help. Let's meet on IRC ?

Re: Problems in webpage, please let's try to solve soon!

Till Paala
  Am 21.09.10 20:38, schrieb Francisco Vila:

> Hello all,
>
> Graham has found some problems in the new webpage that should be
> addressed by us.  The page is going online in a few hours; could we
> try to fix most of them ASAP?  Thank you!
>
> Initializing settings for web site: [es]
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Using a Virtual Machine to Compile
> LilyPond' in book contributor.
> mass-link.py
> Initializing settings for web site: [fr]
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Using a Virtual Machine to Compile
> LilyPond' in book contributor.
> mass-link.py
> Initializing settings for web site: [it]
> mass-link.py
> Initializing settings for web site: [nl]
> ** Unknown command with braces `@contactUsAbout' (in
> out-website/others-did.itexi l. 31)
> mass-link.py
> Initializing settings for web site: [de]
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Using a Virtual Machine to Compile
> LilyPond' in book contributor.
> mass-link.py

This seems also strange to me: last time I compiled the website (though
on the translation branch) there were no warnings except for Italian.
Now Italian is OK, but most other languages have this error with the
contributor's guide. How can this be?

Till

2010/9/21 Jean-Charles Malahieude <[hidden email]>:

> I cannot understand this since we have not translated the contributors'
> guide.

I will look at it in deep tonight.

> And I have an error when building the docs on the translation branch,
> dealing with regressions and therefore cannot check what I would like to
> commit and push.

Errors in regressions are common; first we should try building lilypond:

./autogen.sh && make && make doc

If this does not suffice,  old files in input/regression could cause
problems. If you have nothing valuable there, this usually works
(handle with care):

rm -rf input/regression
git reset --hard
make doc

2010/9/21 Till Paala <[hidden email]>:
> This seems also strange to me: last time I compiled the website (though on
> the translation branch) there were no warnings except for Italian.

I obtain this on translation branch right now:

Initializing settings for web site: []
mass-link.py
Initializing settings for web site: [es]
mass-link.py
Initializing settings for web site: [fr]
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Using a Virtual Machine to Compile
LilyPond' in book contributor.
mass-link.py
Initializing settings for web site: [it]
mass-link.py
Initializing settings for web site: [nl]
mass-link.py
Initializing settings for web site: [de]
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Using a Virtual Machine to Compile
LilyPond' in book contributor.
mass-link.py

(Note no warnings in [es] ot [it], but [fr] and [de]).

Docs compile perfectly AFAICT on our branch.

> Now
> Italian is OK, but most other languages have this error with the
> contributor's guide. How can this be?

I tend to think the 'Unable to find node' message is harmless. Anyone
knows for sure what is the visible effect from this on the output?

Re: Problems in webpage, please let's try to solve soon!

Harmath Dénes
Greetings,

what about the Hungarian translation? Will it be included in the webpage? Are there any issues with it?

Dénes Harmath,
Hungarian translator

2010/9/21 Harmath Dénes <[hidden email]>:
> Greetings,
>
> what about the Hungarian translation? Will it be included in the webpage? Are there any issues with it?

It seems to compile when enabled in make/website.make [line 39], with
no more warnings than our 'Unable to find node' message.  Try to build
it in your system and test it, then please tell us the results.

Re: Problems in webpage, please let's try to solve soon!

Hi guys,
Il giorno mar, 21/09/2010 alle 22.22 +0200, Francisco Vila ha scritto:

> I obtain this on translation branch right now:
>
> Initializing settings for web site: []
> mass-link.py
> Initializing settings for web site: [es]
> mass-link.py
> Initializing settings for web site: [fr]
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Using a Virtual Machine to Compile
> LilyPond' in book contributor.
> mass-link.py
> Initializing settings for web site: [it]
> mass-link.py
> Initializing settings for web site: [nl]
> mass-link.py
> Initializing settings for web site: [de]
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Using a Virtual Machine to Compile
> LilyPond' in book contributor.
> mass-link.py
>
> (Note no warnings in [es] ot [it], but [fr] and [de]).
>
> Docs compile perfectly AFAICT on our branch.
Now on the branches I just merged I get

Initializing settings for web site: []
mass-link.py
Initializing settings for web site: [es]
mass-link.py
Initializing settings for web site: [fr]
mass-link.py
Initializing settings for web site: [it]
mass-link.py
Initializing settings for web site: [nl]
** Unknown command with braces `@contactUsAbout' (in out-website/others-did.itexi l. 31)
mass-link.py
Initializing settings for web site: [de]
mass-link.py
Initializing settings for web site: [hu]
mass-link.py

The warning for Dutch website appeared recently, although nl website
hasn't been touched since June.

> I tend to think the 'Unable to find node' message is harmless. Anyone
> knows for sure what is the visible effect from this on the output?

This message signaled a broken cross-reference, as 'Using a Virtual
Machine to Compile LilyPond' has been renamed to 'Lilybuntu'.  I've
fixed it.

Best,

2010/9/27 John Mandereau <[hidden email]>:
> This message signaled a broken cross-reference, as 'Using a Virtual
> Machine to Compile LilyPond' has been renamed to 'Lilybuntu'.  I've
> fixed it.

Thanks, John.  I promised to fix it in the afternoon -- a week ago.