Questions about website translation

Harmath Dénes
Hi all,

I encountered some questions when translating the website.

1. When a translated node name equals to the original (e.g. in the case of 'Unix' or 'Windows'), its link doesn't work: the

The node you are looking for is at Unix.

page loads and refreshes itself regularly forever.

2. Where can the menus' '(main)' item be translated?

Expect more to come. :)

Thanks in advance,
Dénes

Re: Questions about website translation

Francisco Vila
2009/12/23 Harmath Dénes <[hidden email]>:
> Hi all,
>
> I encountered some questions when translating the website.
>
> 1. When a translated node name equals to the original (e.g. in the case of 'Unix' or 'Windows'), its link doesn't work: the
>
> The node you are looking for is at Unix.
>
> page loads and refreshes itself regularly forever.

I can not reproduce this. The link for the Spanish link to the unix page is

  unix.es.html#unix

and it works.

> 2. Where can the menus' '(main)' item be translated?

I think it is harcoded into

  Documentation/lilypond-texi2html.init

for now.
No le des el mando a distancia a Microsoft.  No utilices Windows 7.
http://windows7sins.org

On 2009.12.23., at 1:33, Francisco Vila wrote:

> 2009/12/23 Harmath Dénes <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I encountered some questions when translating the website.
>>
>> 1. When a translated node name equals to the original (e.g. in the case of 'Unix' or 'Windows'), its link doesn't work: the
>>
>> The node you are looking for is at Unix.
>>
>> page loads and refreshes itself regularly forever.
>
> I can not reproduce this. The link for the Spanish link to the unix page is
>
>  unix.es.html#unix
>
> and it works.

With the latest git, it works for me too.

>> 2. Where can the menus' '(main)' item be translated?
>
> I think it is harcoded into
>
>  Documentation/lilypond-texi2html.init
>
> for now.

Then this should be taken care of, along with '(click image to enlarge)' in common-macros.itexi.
Where should such things be reported?

Dénes

Re: Questions about website translation

John Mandereau
Le jeudi 24 décembre 2009 à 13:25 +0100, Harmath Dénes a écrit :
> On 2009.12.23., at 1:33, Francisco Vila wrote:
> > I think it is harcoded into
> >
> >  Documentation/lilypond-texi2html.init
> >
> > for now.
>
> Then this should be taken care of,

IIRC Francisco volunteered for this.

>  along with '(click image to enlarge)' in common-macros.itexi.

Any macro which contains translatable text visible in the output should
be in macros.itexi and not common-macros.itexi, I'm fixing this and
adding a rule.

> Where should such things be reported?

At least on this list, and optionnally on lilypond-devel, though the
latter is so crowded nowadays that complaints from translators may not
be always heard by developers who are not familiar with translations.

Best,