Re: Catalan translation priority 1 (issue 102170048)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
33 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Catalan translation priority 1 (issue 102170048)

Walter Garcia-Fontes
* Francisco Vila, [hidden email] [12/06/14 01:33]:

> 2014-06-12 1:24 GMT+02:00 Francisco Vila <[hidden email]>:
> > 2014-06-12 1:22 GMT+02:00 Francisco Vila <[hidden email]>:
> >> 2014-06-11 22:13 GMT+02:00 Walter Garcia-Fontes <[hidden email]>:
> >>> Well, I think I've debugged my set of translations. I've posted again
> >>> my set of patches to:
> >>>
> >>> http://puna.upf.edu/ca.patches.tgz
> >>
> >> I'm afraid I get a 404 error here.
> >
> > Or, is it "patch.tgz" like the previous one?
>
> There are lots of whitespace warnings; I can handle this with another
> patch. Worse, I obtain the following
>
> *** '}' without opening '{' before:
> Max error number exceeded
>
> error. Could you find/fix it?
>

Yes, in my system it finished without errors and warnings, I will try
again,

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes
L'Hospitalet de Llobregat


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Catalan translation priority 1 (issue 102170048)

Walter Garcia-Fontes
In reply to this post by Francisco Vila
* Francisco Vila, [hidden email] [12/06/14 01:33]:
> *** '}' without opening '{' before:
> Max error number exceeded
>
> error. Could you find/fix it?

I think I forgot to commit my last editions and the patches didn't
include my complete debugging. Here it is again:

http://puna.upf.edu/ca.patch.tgz

Thanks,

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes
L'Hospitalet de Llobregat




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Catalan translation priority 1 (issue 102170048)

Walter Garcia-Fontes
In reply to this post by Francisco Vila
This last set of patches:

http://puna.upf.edu/ca.patches.tgz

finishes cleanly in my system (apart from the whitespace that
Francisco mentioned, I don't get those warnings but it may be because
I still don't have everything in please) and I see the new Catalan
files in out and out-www.

Best,

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Catalan translation priority 1 (issue 102170048)

Francisco Vila
2014-06-15 11:09 GMT+02:00 Walter Garcia-Fontes <[hidden email]>:
> This last set of patches:
>
> http://puna.upf.edu/ca.patches.tgz

Please take note of the right link

http://puna.upf.edu/ca.patch.tgz

> finishes cleanly in my system (apart from the whitespace that
> Francisco mentioned, I don't get those warnings but it may be because
> I still don't have everything in please) and I see the new Catalan
> files in out and out-www.

So you fixed the '}' problem? Thanks, I'll try

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Catalan translation priority 1 (issue 102170048)

Walter Garcia-Fontes
* Francisco Vila, [hidden email] [15/06/14 11:43]:
> Please take note of the right link
>
> http://puna.upf.edu/ca.patch.tgz

Yes, sorry, in one of my previous meails it was t wrong

> > files in out and out-www.
>
> So you fixed the '}' problem? Thanks, I'll try

Yes, a part from a lot of other errors that appeared when I started
fixing the unmatched braces.

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes
L'Hospitalet de Llobregat


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Catalan translation priority 1 (issue 102170048)

Francisco Vila
2014-06-15 11:54 GMT+02:00 Walter Garcia-Fontes <[hidden email]>:

> * Francisco Vila, [hidden email] [15/06/14 11:43]:
>> Please take note of the right link
>>
>> http://puna.upf.edu/ca.patch.tgz
>
> Yes, sorry, in one of my previous meails it was t wrong
>
>> > files in out and out-www.
>>
>> So you fixed the '}' problem? Thanks, I'll try
>
> Yes, a part from a lot of other errors that appeared when I started
> fixing the unmatched braces.

Okay, I have compiled the docs with your latest patch and got no
errors, now I think we are ready to push, congrats!

Just a nitpick: I will commit a cosmetic patch on top to remove all
unwanted whitespaces.

Next I think you should manage to get the manuals page translated. It
is tricky because it is generated by a labyrinth of nested macros.

David: we are using and old lilypond version to build translations. A
gentle remainder to ask you to merge master into translation.

Thanks,
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Catalan translation priority 1 (issue 102170048)

Francisco Vila
2014-06-15 22:23 GMT+02:00 Francisco Vila <[hidden email]>:
> Okay, I have compiled the docs with your latest patch and got no
> errors, now I think we are ready to push, congrats!

Done, http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/translation
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Catalan translation priority 1 (issue 102170048)

Francisco Vila
2014-06-15 22:27 GMT+02:00 Francisco Vila <[hidden email]>:
> Done, http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/translation

And before you ask: an updated version of the website will be online
when our changes in translation branch reach the master branch after a
couple of merges.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Catalan translation priority 1 (issue 102170048)

Walter Garcia-Fontes
* Francisco Vila, [hidden email] [16/06/14 00:24]:
> 2014-06-15 22:27 GMT+02:00 Francisco Vila <[hidden email]>:
> > Done, http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/translation
>
> And before you ask: an updated version of the website will be online
> when our changes in translation branch reach the master branch after a
> couple of merges.

Thanks Francisco, I know it takes a while to get things visible, as
long as I'm in the pipeline I'm fine.

Just a question: Can I do something to help in the fixing of
whitespace for the next round of contributions?

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes
L'Hospitalet de Llobregat


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Catalan translation priority 1 (issue 102170048)

David Kastrup
In reply to this post by Francisco Vila
Francisco Vila <[hidden email]> writes:

> David: we are using and old lilypond version to build translations. A
> gentle remainder to ask you to merge master into translation.

I am not really up to things these days.  I merged the state right
before Catalan into stable/2.18 in case we ever make another 2.18
release, and synchronized master and translations now.

--
David Kastrup


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Catalan translation priority 1 (issue 102170048)

Francisco Vila
In reply to this post by Walter Garcia-Fontes
2014-06-16 7:12 GMT+02:00 Walter Garcia-Fontes <[hidden email]>:
> Just a question: Can I do something to help in the fixing of
> whitespace for the next round of contributions?

You can apply

  $ python scripts/auxiliar/strip-whitespace.py files...

to your modified files before committing.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Catalan translation priority 1 (issue 102170048)

David Kastrup
Francisco Vila <[hidden email]> writes:

> 2014-06-16 7:12 GMT+02:00 Walter Garcia-Fontes <[hidden email]>:
>> Just a question: Can I do something to help in the fixing of
>> whitespace for the next round of contributions?
>
> You can apply
>
>   $ python scripts/auxiliar/strip-whitespace.py files...
>
> to your modified files before committing.

git diff --check is also helpful before committing.

--
David Kastrup


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Catalan translation priority 1 (issue 102170048)

Federico Bruni-2
In reply to this post by Francisco Vila
2014-06-16 16:16 GMT+02:00 Francisco Vila <[hidden email]>:
2014-06-16 7:12 GMT+02:00 Walter Garcia-Fontes <[hidden email]>:
> Just a question: Can I do something to help in the fixing of
> whitespace for the next round of contributions?

You can apply

  $ python scripts/auxiliar/strip-whitespace.py files...

to your modified files before committing.


Or, better, use an editor which removes trailing white spaces on save.

I used to use Gedit (which doesn't have a bundled plugin for this purpose, BTW), but I'm recently trying to switch to Emacs, because it has a number of features for editing texinfo files. Here's explained how to remove trailing white spaces:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DeletingWhitespace#toc3


12