Re: Some new tutorials in Spanish

Francisco Vila
El 27/5/20 a las 1:17, Valentin Villenave escribió:

> On 5/26/20, Francisco Vila <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'd like to share my last attempt of a series of ultra-fast tutorials in
>> Spanish.
>
> That’s great! (At least, I’m sure it is :-)
> BTW, if you have an account on GitLab, feel free to let us know so
> that you can be added and gain access to the tracker, merge requests
> and everything…
>
> V.

Dear Valentin,

I'm sorry. I did not give you any response at all. Thank you for trying
to keep me on the track, much appreciated.

I think I am now back to translating. First, on to the gitlab account,
then read all related messages on -devel, then we'll see.

Thank you
--
Francisco Vila, Ph.D. - Badajoz (Spain)
Tutoriales de LilyPond y Frescobaldi

Testing a Gitlab MR for translations

Francisco Vila
Dear team, I know I've been pretty absent. Sorry!

Well. I have:

Created Gitlab account.
Forked project.
Cloned repo.
Created translation branch.
   $ git checkout translation
Changed something, commited and pushed.
   $ git push
Created merge request against lilypond:translation

TBH I created the MR against lilypond:master but you can edit it afterwards.

I don't see the need to create yet another branch in your local repo to
translate on it, because you are pushing to your fork anyway.

What's more, I don't see the need to create a translation branch,
because again, you are pushing to your fork.

Whoever is going to accept the merge, could find it useful and/or safe
to have a separate translation branch for translations, but we could
hypothetically request a merge to lilypond:master and we already have a
security net, with a similar effect to what we had before. No need to
have a double/triple security net with so many branches.

In fact, you create a MR and it is made to master by default. You have
to chante it to translation in the web, manually.

Anyway, hope all is OK. Thanks!
--
Francisco Vila, Ph.D. - Badajoz (Spain)
Tutoriales de LilyPond y Frescobaldi
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXMqW0liQ5oNFWgbHwgRdAQhaGm6pSn0Y

Re: Testing a Gitlab MR for translations

Francisco Vila
El 20/6/20 a las 19:20, Francisco Vila escribió:

> Dear team, I know I've been pretty absent. Sorry!
>
> Well. I have:
>
> Created Gitlab account.
> Forked project.
> Cloned repo.
> Created translation branch.
>    $ git checkout translation
> Changed something, commited and pushed.
>    $ git push
> Created merge request against lilypond:translation
>
> TBH I created the MR against lilypond:master but you can edit it
> afterwards.
>
> I don't see the need to create yet another branch in your local repo to
> translate on it, because you are pushing to your fork anyway.
>
> What's more, I don't see the need to create a translation branch,
> because again, you are pushing to your fork.
>
> Whoever is going to accept the merge, could find it useful and/or safe
> to have a separate translation branch for translations, but we could
> hypothetically request a merge to lilypond:master and we already have a
> security net, with a similar effect to what we had before. No need to
> have a double/triple security net with so many branches.
>
> In fact, you create a MR and it is made to master by default. You have
> to chante it to translation in the web, manually.
>
> Anyway, hope all is OK. Thanks!

James says 'please push' to my MR, that's fine, but here are my
questions to him. Please tellme if they are too naive and/or you have
the answers already:

« Thank you, James. Just to clarify, for me and other translators [not
urgent]:

   - That 'Please Push' bit is directed to me specifically? I guess not.
   - The meaning of 'Push' has changed, OK? This is a MR, applying it is
the old 'push' thing
   - The branch I am working into is totally irrelevant, all reduces to
a MR now.
   - The branch I issue the MR against, 'translation' in this case, is
not as important as it used to, that was the old workflow, unless
keeping that separate branch is interesting or useful to keep all
translations fully separated as before.
   - For 'one letter typos' all the process is annoying for you and
pretty much all other developers. This can be improved. »

El 21/6/20 a las 10:28, Francisco Vila escribió:
> « Thank you, James. Just to clarify, for me and other translators [not
> urgent]:
I have another feedback from Jonas. He thinks I should just push to
translation branch and forget all about forking and MRs.

Dou you guys have permission to push directly to translation in official
repo?

https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/183

El 21/6/20 a las 12:32, Francisco Vila escribió:

> El 21/6/20 a las 10:28, Francisco Vila escribió:
>> « Thank you, James. Just to clarify, for me and other translators [not
>> urgent]:
> I have another feedback from Jonas. He thinks I should just push to
> translation branch and forget all about forking and MRs.
>
> Dou you guys have permission to push directly to translation in official
> repo?
>
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/183

Besides, I still see activity in Savannah's git repo,

   http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=summary

How exactly is this related to using gitlab?

Sorry for bothering you with so many questions.
--
Francisco Vila, Ph.D. - Badajoz (Spain)
Tutoriales de LilyPond y Frescobaldi
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXMqW0liQ5oNFWgbHwgRdAQhaGm6pSn0Y

Re: Testing a Gitlab MR for translations

Federico Bruni-3
On Sun, 21 Jun, 2020 at 12:44, Francisco Vila <[hidden email]>
wrote:
> Besides, I still see activity in Savannah's git repo,
>
>   http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=summary
>
> How exactly is this related to using gitlab?

Savannah is now a mirror of Gitlab repository.
Jonas updated the instructions recently and you'll see them online as
soon as 2.21.2 is released.