Re: german website problems

Francisco Vila
2011/1/6 Graham Percival <[hidden email]>:

> None of these warnings happen in the other languages, so I think
> they're all problems in the german source, rather than in our build
> system.
>

> make website
> Initializing settings for web site: [de]
> ** closing warning (1 braces missing) (l. 319)
> *** Undefined node `Development' in @ref (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation//web/news-front.itexi l. 29 in @qq)
> *** Undefined node `Development' in @ref (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation//web/news-front.itexi l. 46 in @qq)
> *** Undefined node `Development' in @ref (l. 165)
> *** Undefined node `Development' in @ref (l. 167)
> *** Undefined node `Entwicklung' in @ref (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/download.itexi l. 68)
> *** Undefined node `Entwicklung' in @ref (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/manuals.itexi l. 126 in
> @divClass)
> *** Undefined node `Entwicklung' in @ref (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/community.itexi l. 25)
> *** Undefined node `Autoren' in @ref (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/community.itexi l. 28)
> *** Undefined node `Veröffentlichungen' in @ref (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/community.itexi l. 40 in
> @divClass)
> *** Undefined node `Ältere Neuigkeiten' in @ref (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/community.itexi l. 44)
> *** Unknown node in menu entry `Entwicklung' (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/community.itexi l. 62)
> *** Unknown node in menu entry `Autoren' (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/community.itexi l. 63)
> *** Unknown node in menu entry `Veröffentlichungen' (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/community.itexi l. 64)
> *** Unknown node in menu entry `Ältere Neuigkeiten' (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/community.itexi l. 65)
> WARNING: Unable to load the map file
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Entwicklung' in book .
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Entwicklung' in book .

They look like translated refs that do not match node names in other,
or the other files are not translated.  In this case, the translator
should choose one from

  - translate the target node names
  - keep refs untranslated
  - use '-named' macros to make texts appear in your language.
Currently used to link to untranslated manuals.

The problem here is that is difficult to translate only a few chapters
while keeping all refs working.  It could take you more work to track
all broken links than translate all the implied files.

Re: german website problems

Till Paala
Am 06.01.11 13:31, schrieb Francisco Vila:

> 2011/1/6 Graham Percival<[hidden email]>:
>> None of these warnings happen in the other languages, so I think
>> they're all problems in the german source, rather than in our build
>> system.
>>

>> make website
>> Initializing settings for web site: [de]
>> ** closing warning (1 braces missing) (l. 319)
>> *** Undefined node `Development' in @ref (in
>> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation//web/news-front.itexi l. 29 in @qq)
>> *** Undefined node `Development' in @ref (in
>> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation//web/news-front.itexi l. 46 in @qq)
>> *** Undefined node `Development' in @ref (l. 165)
>> *** Undefined node `Development' in @ref (l. 167)
>> *** Undefined node `Entwicklung' in @ref (in
>> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/download.itexi l. 68)

>> WARNING: Unable to load the map file
>> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Entwicklung' in book .
>> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Entwicklung' in book .
> They look like translated refs that do not match node names in other,
> or the other files are not translated.  In this case, the translator
> should choose one from
>
>    - translate the target node names
>    - keep refs untranslated
>    - use '-named' macros to make texts appear in your language.
> Currently used to link to untranslated manuals.
>
> The problem here is that is difficult to translate only a few chapters
> while keeping all refs working.  It could take you more work to track
> all broken links than translate all the implied files.
It appears strange to me to get suddenly this kind of errors when I
didn't do changes, especially since news-front.itexi is not translated -
so how can there be wrong refs?
I would rather guess the missing brace causes these messages, but I
cannot find it (line 319 in which file? In web.texi it is the last line
which is @bye).
Also for example node Development is translated in community.itexi as
Entwicklung so this should work?
Where can I go looking for a log or something that explains the problem
a bit better?

Thanks
Till

PS: In the last changes I did to the website I just added a @div... I
had forgotten before, so I cannot see what caused the problems now?

Re: german website problems

Till Paala
Am 07.01.11 10:46, schrieb Graham Percival:

> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 4:59 AM, Graham Percival
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 07:25:48PM +0200, Till Paala wrote:
>>> It appears strange to me to get suddenly this kind of errors when I
>>> didn't do changes,
>> I only check once every couple of months.  It might have broken
>> last October (or even earlier).
> Never mind, I found it while working on the lilydev doc compile problem.
>
> It was broken by:
> a7e8fad984c0450b3ae2818cfbccfdbba00a55e4
> on 2010-12-29.  There was a @warning{} in
> Documentation/de/included/helpus.itexi
> which you did not close the }.
>

> Fixing that one } cleaned up all the other errors as well.
>
> Cheers,
> - Graham

Great, that saved me a lot of investigation work!

Thanks!
Till