Re: small error in Contribution Guide

John Mandereau
Hi Federico, hi dear translators,
Il giorno mer, 10/03/2010 alle 22.48 +0100, Federico Bruni ha scritto:

> I think I have found a small error in the CG:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/contributor/documentation-translation-details#Documentation-translation-details
>
> cp web/GNUmakefile FOO
>

> I guess the last command should be:
> cp ../web/GNUmakefile FOO
>
> (also I wonder why is ..web/GNUmakefile and not a
> generic ../FOO/GNUmakefile)
The needed makefile in FOO/ is identical to the one already present in
web/, and it's "web" just because this is the first Texinfo document
that is translated, for which the makefile is generated by new-lang
target.  We're not sure we always want the same makefiles than in the
English docs, that's why I don't recommend "cp ../web/GNUmakefile FOO".

> How are you? Is your PHD going fine?

I strive to fulfill the requirements of a math PhD in math at the
University of Pisa, which include attending 6 courses of 30 hours in the
following months, and of which the difficulty is added by the
pluridisciplinarity of my interest field (between math, music and
computer science) and joint supervisors in Paris from the IRCAM; in
particular, this implies that for the next four months, my contributions
to LilyPond will be limited to the cases of mentoring very new
translators, and when others have hit their head against the wall for
several weeks on some translation infrastructure bit (which I do in my
PhD, but for math and computer science) without working it out.

In particular, the instructions for merging master and
lilypond/translation Git branches should be in the CG.

Best,

Re: small error in Contribution Guide

Federico Bruni
Il giorno Wed, 10 Mar 2010 23:11:16 +0100
John Mandereau <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> > (also I wonder why is ..web/GNUmakefile and not a
> > generic ../FOO/GNUmakefile)
>
> The needed makefile in FOO/ is identical to the one already present in
> web/, and it's "web" just because this is the first Texinfo document
> that is translated, for which the makefile is generated by new-lang
> target.  We're not sure we always want the same makefiles than in the
> English docs, that's why I don't recommend "cp ../web/GNUmakefile
> FOO".

Ok.
The thing is that when I run make ISOLANG=it new-lang
there wasn't any web/, so I don't have web/GNUmakefile (in it/).

That's why I thought that last command was weird.

I'm starting translating web and I did the following:

fede@debian:~/lilypond-translation/Documentation/it$
cp ../web/GNUmakefile web

What should I do?
Remove that GNUmakefile and regenerate it somehow?

Thanks for help,
http://gnurag.net/blog/
http://fsfe.org/
http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/LibrePlanetItalia

Re: small error in Contribution Guide

Francisco Vila
2010/3/10 Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>:
> What should I do?
> Remove that GNUmakefile and regenerate it somehow?

Once Spanish web is finally complete with makefiles, because John
and/or Graham have put them in place, maybe matching files could serve
for you as well, just copying them from es/

Il giorno gio, 11/03/2010 alle 09.53 +0100, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
> Once Spanish web is finally complete with makefiles, because John
> and/or Graham have put them in place, maybe matching files could serve
> for you as well, just copying them from es/

Sorry for being bloodily out of the game, but are there still some
directories (and their makefiles) that need to be created in Spanish
docs?  If I don't have time to develop further the translation
infrastructure before this summer, at I least I could tackle this
problem much sooner.

Best,

2010/3/11 John Mandereau <[hidden email]>:

> Il giorno gio, 11/03/2010 alle 09.53 +0100, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
>> Once Spanish web is finally complete with makefiles, because John
>> and/or Graham have put them in place, maybe matching files could serve
>> for you as well, just copying them from es/
>
> Sorry for being bloodily out of the game, but are there still some
> directories (and their makefiles) that need to be created in Spanish
> docs?  If I don't have time to develop further the translation
> infrastructure before this summer, at I least I could tackle this
> problem much sooner.

I meant it is now supposedly complete. But I have compared
Documentation/ (excluding es/, fr/ etc) with es/ alone and found this:

automated-engraving: missing from es. I have just discovered it.
Believed the essay was all there was there.
contributor/ missing from es -- not to be translated.
essay/*.bib -- not requied, I think
logo/ idem
misc/ idem
music-glossary.tely -- not to be translated
pictures/ has *-es.png and svg added
snippets/ -- not required, texidocs/ is
web/ly-examples/ -- not required
web/server/ -- not required

So, it's only automated-engraving which is missing. It is linked from
web/news.itexi and es/web/new.itexi only.

Directory structure [was Re: small error in Contribution Guide]

John Mandereau
Il giorno gio, 11/03/2010 alle 10.33 +0100, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
> I meant it is now supposedly complete. But I have compared
> Documentation/ (excluding es/, fr/ etc) with es/ alone and found this:
>
> automated-engraving: missing from es. I have just discovered it.
> Believed the essay was all there was there.

Is stuff there included in the new essay, or is it just the old essay
that has been copied?  In the second case, it's definitely not to be
translated.

Re: Directory structure [was Re: small error in Contribution Guide]

Francisco Vila
2010/3/11 John Mandereau <[hidden email]>:

> Il giorno gio, 11/03/2010 alle 10.33 +0100, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
>> I meant it is now supposedly complete. But I have compared
>> Documentation/ (excluding es/, fr/ etc) with es/ alone and found this:
>>
>> automated-engraving: missing from es. I have just discovered it.
>> Believed the essay was all there was there.
>
> Is stuff there included in the new essay, or is it just the old essay
> that has been copied?  In the second case, it's definitely not to be
> translated.

Not to be translated.

out-www/offline-root/Documentation/automated-engraving is empty.