Re: unclear topic

So this should be considered a bug in the German translation?

I'm Cc-ing the translations list. Bugs in translated manuals should be handled by the translators and don't need to be reported on the tracker.
I've just realized that my comment was wrong: the problem occurs on both 2.18 and 2.19, it's at the bottom of the page. I can't understand german...

Re: unclear topic

Federico Bruni-2

Hi Michael

Problems in translated manuals should be reported on the translation list. The german translation is not updated as far as I know, since I've seen some reports from german users in the last year. Last commit of Till Paala was in october 2012. Unfortunately these reports can't be useful if nobody works on them.

Would you like to help with upgrading the german translation? I can help you to understand the workflow

Il 08/lug/2014 13:43 "Michael Gabor" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Yes, it was Notation Reference 2.7.3 (your first link), thank you!

However the same problem occurs in the v2.19 manual (your last link).

Following the text explanation I would expect the number "5" standing
below the "4" under the second note in the first snippet,
while the second snippet should look like it is,
but both snippets look identical.

(By the way, this is my first direct contribution to the lilypond project
after years of thankfully using it and I won't let it the only one. If something
is not correct, you will tell me... )

Am 07.07.2014 23:23, schrieb Federico Bruni:

Dear Lilypond-Team,

In LM 2.18.2 <german version> under 2.7.3 Generalbaß at the end of the page
is an example on \bassFigureExtendersOn and -Off (as shown in the attached PNG).

However, the lilypond output shows twice the same where there should be a difference.
For the time being therefore I consider the example worthless.

You mean Notation Reference 2.7.3:

It seems that german manual 2.18.2 is not updated. But latest version is:

Re: unclear topic

Michael Gabor
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: unclear topic

Here's a translation German -> English
[...]

Why are you translating from german to english?

What confuses me, is the fact, that I didn't find this topic in the english
manual, at least at the same
place. That makes the manual as a whole inconsistent. As I want to start
with translations into German,
I would prefer to just "mirror" the english manual into german and propose
completions or modifications
first and only to the english manual.

You can see the updates here:

cd Documentation
make ISOLANG=de check-translation | less -R

You can ignore all the \version changes and (almost) all the lilypond code changes. The diff show them but the changes have been made already by convert-ly: at least the syntax changes, not the actual modifications. It's a bit tricky, but you can easily guess usually. A separation between snippets and text would be convenient, I know.

Sorry for the quick reply but I'm about to leave for holidays.
If you have any question, feel free to ask on this list and others will help you.