Role of committishes

Harmath Dénes
Hi all,

I wonder why must the committishes be included in the translated files and where are they taken into account? I can't find this information anywhere. Could someone please enlight me?

Thanks in advance,
Dénes

Re: Role of committishes

Francisco Vila
2009/12/22 Harmath Dénes <[hidden email]>:
> Hi all,
>
> I wonder why must the committishes be included in the translated files and where are they taken into account? I can't find this information anywhere. Could someone please enlight me?

They mark a translated file as being a translation of a specific
version of the original.  When changes in the original happen, we can
track each and every one of them thanks to the output of

  make ISOLANG=<langcode> check-translation

Documentation/contributor/doc-work.itexi has the details.

No le des el mando a distancia a Microsoft.  No utilices Windows 7.
http://windows7sins.org

Re: Role of committishes

Harmath Dénes
Oh, thanks for the info.