Screwing up...

Francisco Vila
> TRANSLATORS: would stop stop screwing up like this?  :/

Correct me if I'm wrong.  We don't run GUB or make dists.  We usually
make docs.  Therefore, we see warnings and errors produced by the make
doc or make website processes, but it's difficult for us to guess
which errors could potentially raise on GUB, and to fix them
accordingly, learning from them and so on, just like we already do
when translating texinfo documents.

Also, the dist process is (i'm sure) perfectly documented in CG,
although many would consider its reading not an inexcusable must for
translating, or at least something one could well do whenever he finds
some spare time, I mean, in addition to the time needed for the
translation itself.

This is not to say we don't want to learn this or that to avoid
screwing up the dist, or that we want to keep the right to do things
in a neglected way.  On the contrary, all of us do our best to achieve
an error-free, high-quality translation.

Re: Screwing up...

John Mandereau
Hi Francisco,
Le jeudi 23 septembre 2010 à 01:58 +0200, Francisco Vila a écrit :

> Correct me if I'm wrong.  We don't run GUB or make dists.  We usually
> make docs.  Therefore, we see warnings and errors produced by the make
> doc or make website processes, but it's difficult for us to guess
> which errors could potentially raise on GUB, and to fix them
> accordingly, learning from them and so on, just like we already do
> when translating texinfo documents.
>
> Also, the dist process is (i'm sure) perfectly documented in CG,
> although many would consider its reading not an inexcusable must for
> translating, or at least something one could well do whenever he finds
> some spare time, I mean, in addition to the time needed for the
> translation itself.
>
> This is not to say we don't want to learn this or that to avoid
> screwing up the dist, or that we want to keep the right to do things
> in a neglected way.  On the contrary, all of us do our best to achieve
> an error-free, high-quality translation.

The problem is that there is a automatic checking script in GUB for
distribution of files in the tarball, and that without this script it is
too easy to miss in the makefiles new files added to Git.  I'll try to
take over merging lilypond/translation into master as soon as possible
(read: by this week-end), but don't worry I'll surely screw up sooner or
later as well, as long as I don't build GUB either :-P