Setting up and some noob questions

Caio Barros
Hello, everyone. I'm just starting to help with translations.

Frederico Bruni told me there is no one maintaining the translation in Brazilian Portuguese, right? So I'm looking into helping with that. It took me just about 10+ years as a Lilypond User to start but... hey!

So, for the noob questions (I'm using the LilyDev 2 container on Linux):

1. I'm having trouble downloading the translation branch. When I cd into $LILYPON_GIT I only see the master and dev/local_working branch. Should I see the translation branch here? What am I doing wrong?

2. in scripts/build/website_post.py I see an object with translations, but there is no 'pt' there. OTOH there is the comment: "Translation, move out" etc. etc. Should I keep away of changing this file?

Thank for helping!
Caio

Re: Setting up and some noob questions

Federico Bruni-3

Il giorno sab 2 mag 2020 alle 20:23, Caio Barros
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> Hello, everyone. I'm just starting to help with translations.
>
> Frederico Bruni told me there is no one maintaining the translation
> in Brazilian Portuguese, right? So I'm looking into helping with
> that. It took me just about 10+ years as a Lilypond User to start
> but... hey!

When you wrote Portuguese I didn't think it was Brazilian Portuguese :-)
Rafael contributed quite recently, so I think he might still be active.
He will let you know..

> So, for the noob questions (I'm using the LilyDev 2 container on
> Linux):
>
> 1. I'm having trouble downloading the translation branch. When I cd
> into $LILYPON_GIT I only see the master and dev/local_working branch.
> Should I see the translation branch here? What am I doing wrong?

That branch was created by lily-git.
I've never used it. I do not recommend it for translation work, as you
don't need to work on custom branches (unless you want for some reason).

LilyDev checks out the master branch by default.
Translators should check out the translation branch:

git checkout translation

> 2. in scripts/build/website_post.py I see an object with
> translations, but there is no 'pt' there. OTOH there is the comment:
> "Translation, move out" etc. etc. Should I keep away of changing this
> file?

I'm not sure,but I would add the translation and see what happens when
you build the doc.

Re: Setting up and some noob questions

Rafael Fontenelle
Em dom., 3 de mai. de 2020 às 06:16, Federico Bruni
<[hidden email]> escreveu:

> Il giorno sab 2 mag 2020 alle 20:23, Caio Barros
> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> > Hello, everyone. I'm just starting to help with translations.
> >
> > Frederico Bruni told me there is no one maintaining the translation
> > in Brazilian Portuguese, right? So I'm looking into helping with
> > that. It took me just about 10+ years as a Lilypond User to start
> > but... hey!
> >

> When you wrote Portuguese I didn't think it was Brazilian Portuguese :-)

Just for the record: We are using 'pt' because the build failed for
some reason with 'pt-br', 'pt-BR' and 'pt_BR'. But yes, the current
'pt' translation is Brazilian Portuguese as my native language. :)

> Rafael contributed quite recently, so I think he might still be active.
> He will let you know..

\o

Re: Setting up and some noob questions

Rafael Fontenelle
Thanks for your interest in translating Lilypond. A help from an
experienced user is always helpful. Let us talk in directly to not
spam the mailing list?

Cheers,
Rafael Fontenelle

Em dom., 3 de mai. de 2020 às 16:10, Rafael Fontenelle <[hidden email]> escreveu:
Let us talk in directly to not spam the mailing list?

Sure! Just confirming here, but will follow up as a PM