Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Rafael Fontenelle
Hello,

I'm considering to start translating the Lilypond's documentation to
my native language. I've read the documentation concerning this
subject [1] and I notice some errors when running 'make ISOLANG=pt_BR
new-lang' inside Documentation directory and then 'make ISOLANG=pt_BR
check-translation' failed after a few translations. The '... new-lang'
command line was executed after './autogen.sh', of course.

I notice the first error occurred when Documentation/GNUmakefile
called scripts/auxiliar/texi-langutils.py, which didn't find
'texidocs.tely' and 'texidocs.texi'. I don't know if the other erros
and warnings are a consequence of it.

Could I get some help please?

[1] http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/translating-the-documentation

Best regards,
Rafael Fontenelle

make-new-lang.txt (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Federico Bruni-3

Il giorno dom 22 lug 2018 alle 21:23, Rafael Fontenelle
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hello,
>
> I'm considering to start translating the Lilypond's documentation to
> my native language. I've read the documentation concerning this
> subject [1] and I notice some errors when running 'make ISOLANG=pt_BR
> new-lang' inside Documentation directory and then 'make ISOLANG=pt_BR
> check-translation' failed after a few translations. The '... new-lang'
> command line was executed after './autogen.sh', of course.
>
> I notice the first error occurred when Documentation/GNUmakefile
> called scripts/auxiliar/texi-langutils.py, which didn't find
> 'texidocs.tely' and 'texidocs.texi'. I don't know if the other erros
> and warnings are a consequence of it.
>
> Could I get some help please?

Hello Rafael

How did you run ./configure?
Contributor Guide says you should use an out of tree build, but IIRC
translators should not do so.
I always run ./configure from the main directory and I run translation
scripts when I'm in the Documentation directory.

Re: Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Rafael Fontenelle
Em seg, 23 de jul de 2018 às 03:23, Federico Bruni
<[hidden email]> escreveu:

> Il giorno dom 22 lug 2018 alle 21:23, Rafael Fontenelle
> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
> How did you run ./configure?
> Contributor Guide says you should use an out of tree build, but IIRC
> translators should not do so.
> I always run ./configure from the main directory and I run translation
> scripts when I'm in the Documentation directory.

I just ran ./autogen.sh (also tested ./autogen.sh --noconfigure &&
./configure, which gave the same result) from the rootdir, without a
out-of-tree build (I read about such issues in the mail list
archives).

Maybe what is causing is the particularities of my environment: Arch
Linux has bleeding edge software versions (a change introduced in a
newer version could  have not been already spotted by other distro
users) and to some incompatibilities that require some patching (see
attached shell script file, which I have to run before any 'make'
command).

I notice 'Documentation/web.tely' was not generated when running
./configure -- is that expected?

setup.sh (940 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Federico Bruni-3

Il giorno lun 23 lug 2018 alle 13:09, Rafael Fontenelle
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Em seg, 23 de jul de 2018 às 03:23, Federico Bruni
> <[hidden email]> escreveu:
>>
>>  Il giorno dom 22 lug 2018 alle 21:23, Rafael Fontenelle
>>  <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>>
>>  How did you run ./configure?
>>  Contributor Guide says you should use an out of tree build, but IIRC
>>  translators should not do so.
>>  I always run ./configure from the main directory and I run
>> translation
>>  scripts when I'm in the Documentation directory.
>>

> I just ran ./autogen.sh (also tested ./autogen.sh --noconfigure &&
> ./configure, which gave the same result) from the rootdir, without a
> out-of-tree build (I read about such issues in the mail list
> archives).

Ok, good

> Maybe what is causing is the particularities of my environment: Arch
> Linux has bleeding edge software versions (a change introduced in a
> newer version could  have not been already spotted by other distro
> users) and to some incompatibilities that require some patching (see
> attached shell script file, which I have to run before any 'make'
> command).

I've just tried and I get the same output.
I don't think it's your environment. These scripts are very old and
unmaintained for years. I cannot even remember if they ever work as
expected.

Anyway, I see that some files are generated:

[Documentation (translation %=)]$ git status
Sul branch translation
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/translation'.

Untracked files:
  (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)

        po/pt_BR.po
        pt_BR/

IIRC you can ignore po/pt_BR.po or just translated a few strings you
might find later you have to translate there. But don't touch it until
you get some understanding of how the translation process works,
because IIRC most of the strings in that po file is useless.

Start working on the files in Documentation/pt_BR:

[Documentation (translation %=)]$ tree pt_BR/
pt_BR/
├── GNUmakefile
├── included
├── texidocs
├── web
│   ├── common-macros.itexi
│   ├── community.itexi
│   ├── cyrillic.itexi
│   ├── download.itexi
│   ├── introduction.itexi
│   ├── macros.itexi
│   ├── manuals.itexi
│   └── news-headlines.itexi
└── web.texi

3 directories, 10 files

Your first patch should include the website, as it's the most important
part of the Documentation.

If you have any question, let me know.

> I notice 'Documentation/web.tely' was not generated when running
> ./configure -- is that expected?

Yes. The main website file is Documentation/web.texi.
All the website files end with .texi/.itexi while the other manuals
pages end with .tely/.itely.
Probably because the website does not have any lilypond snippet to be
processed by lilypond-book.

Re: Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Rafael Fontenelle
Hi, Frederico.

See the attachment for a patch of my translation. Although the
generated contents I see in my system are the same you showed, I
notice the generated files for the pt_BR tree have only headings and
subheadings, and the main content of each page is not present. And the
pt_BR are very different from others. Did I miss something?

Also, the command 'make ISOLANG pt_BR check-translation' doesn't work:

$ make ISOLANG=pt_BR check-translation
ISOLANG=pt_BR /usr/bin/python2 -tt
../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py  pt_BR/included/.gitignore
pt_BR/web.texi pt_BR/web/common-macros.itexi pt_BR/web/community.itexi
pt_BR/web/cyrillic.itexi pt_BR/web/download.itexi
pt_BR/web/introduction.itexi pt_BR/web/macros.itexi
pt_BR/web/manuals.itexi pt_BR/web/news-headlines.itexi
langdefs.py: warning: lilypond-doc gettext domain not found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 168, in <module>
    main ()
  File "../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 165, in main
    do_file (i, langdefs.LANGDICT.keys ())
  File "../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 54, in do_file
    raise Exception ('cannot determine language for ' + file_name)
Exception: cannot determine language for pt_BR/included/.gitignore
make: *** [GNUmakefile:377: check-translation] Error 1

0001-Docs-pt_BR-Add-translation-of-priority-1.patch (32K) Download Attachment

Re: Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Federico Bruni-3

Il giorno lun 23 lug 2018 alle 21:48, Rafael Fontenelle
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> Hi, Frederico.
>
> See the attachment for a patch of my translation. Although the
> generated contents I see in my system are the same you showed, I
> notice the generated files for the pt_BR tree have only headings and
> subheadings, and the main content of each page is not present. And the
> pt_BR are very different from others. Did I miss something?

This is correct.
The script simply copies the structure but not the content.
I cannot remember since I started the italian translation 9 years ago!

Anyway, I strongly recommend using a "manual" process instead of the
scripts.
Just copy the english file you want to translate in the matching folder
of your language, then translate the english content, add
@translationof where needed and put the Git committish at the top of
the file. Or, if you started translating already, do some copy&paste
from the english to the brazilian file.

Check the other translations to see what they did. Best references are
french and spanish translations, which are well maintained... well,
also italian translation :-)

> Also, the command 'make ISOLANG pt_BR check-translation' doesn't work:
>
> $ make ISOLANG=pt_BR check-translation
> ISOLANG=pt_BR /usr/bin/python2 -tt
> ../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py  pt_BR/included/.gitignore
> pt_BR/web.texi pt_BR/web/common-macros.itexi pt_BR/web/community.itexi
> pt_BR/web/cyrillic.itexi pt_BR/web/download.itexi
> pt_BR/web/introduction.itexi pt_BR/web/macros.itexi
> pt_BR/web/manuals.itexi pt_BR/web/news-headlines.itexi
> langdefs.py: warning: lilypond-doc gettext domain not found.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 168, in
> <module>
>     main ()
>   File "../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 165, in main
>     do_file (i, langdefs.LANGDICT.keys ())
>   File "../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 54, in do_file
>     raise Exception ('cannot determine language for ' + file_name)
> Exception: cannot determine language for pt_BR/included/.gitignore
> make: *** [GNUmakefile:377: check-translation] Error 1

I'm testing your patch.
You can safely remove the empty file pt_BR/included/.gitignore and try
again.
You'll have to add a couple of .itexi files there as you proceed with
translation of the website.

Re: Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Rafael Fontenelle
Hello, Federico

Em ter, 24 de jul de 2018 às 09:22, Federico Bruni
<[hidden email]> escreveu:

> Anyway, I strongly recommend using a "manual" process instead of the
> scripts.
> Just copy the english file you want to translate in the matching folder
> of your language, then translate the english content, add
> @translationof where needed and put the Git committish at the top of
> the file.

Looks the "manual" processe was the only way to do the job.  I
translated the website to pt_BR, but I would like to test it before
sending the patch. However I'm getting the error below when running
'make website' (also 'make ISOLANG=pt_BR website'):

"Undefined subroutine &main::get_index called at
/home/rafael/lilypond-git/Documentation/lilypond-texi2html.init line
2548"

See attached file for the whole output.

For the record, I have texinfo 6.5. I read in the requirements that
the previously independent 'texi2html' <1.8.2 is required, which I
assume it is also an out-of-date information as texi2html is part of
texinfo package for some time now...

Any ideas how to workaround that?

Regards,
Rafael Fontenelle

make-website-output.txt (303K) Download Attachment

Re: Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Federico Bruni-3
Correct, you must use texi2html 1.82.
You can build it as explained here:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/requirements-for-building-documentation

<[hidden email]> escreveu:

> Anyway, I strongly recommend using a "manual" process instead of the
> scripts.
> Just copy the english file you want to translate in the matching folder
> of your language, then translate the english content, add
> @translationof where needed and put the Git committish at the top of
> the file.

Looks the "manual" processe was the only way to do the job.  I
translated the website to pt_BR, but I would like to test it before
sending the patch. However I'm getting the error below when running
'make website' (also 'make ISOLANG=pt_BR website'):

"Undefined subroutine &main::get_index called at
/home/rafael/lilypond-git/Documentation/lilypond-texi2html.init line
2548"

See attached file for the whole output.

For the record, I have texinfo 6.5. I read in the requirements that
the previously independent 'texi2html' <1.8.2 is required, which I
assume it is also an out-of-date information as texi2html is part of
texinfo package for some time now...

Any ideas how to workaround that?

Regards,
Rafael Fontenelle

Re: Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Rafael Fontenelle
Ok, now with tex2html 1.82 I received a different output, with some
error messages, which are detailed in the "*output.txt" files
(pt_BR-output.txt has only the pt_BR, while the other is complete, for
reference).

For the error message "closing qq (1 braces missing)", I wasn't able
to identify the source file of the given line. For the "Undefined
node" and "Unknown node" messages, I don't know what caused them.  Any
help on this would be much appreciated!

I also attached a patch file with my translation, in case it helps debugging.

Here is the patch content:
$ tree Documentation/pt_BR/
Documentation/pt_BR/
├── GNUmakefile
├── macros.itexi
├── search-box.ihtml
├── web
│   ├── community.itexi
│   ├── download.itexi
│   ├── introduction.itexi
│   ├── manuals.itexi
│   ├── news-headlines.itexi
│   └── news-new.itexi
└── web.texi

Best regards,
Rafael Fontenelle
Em sex, 3 de ago de 2018 às 17:24, Federico Bruni <[hidden email]> escreveu:

> Correct, you must use texi2html 1.82.
> You can build it as explained here:
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/requirements-for-building-documentation
>

> Il 03 ago 2018 20:41, Rafael Fontenelle <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
> Hello, Federico
>
> Em ter, 24 de jul de 2018 às 09:22, Federico Bruni
> <[hidden email]> escreveu:
> >
> > Anyway, I strongly recommend using a "manual" process instead of the
> > scripts.
> > Just copy the english file you want to translate in the matching folder
> > of your language, then translate the english content, add
> > @translationof where needed and put the Git committish at the top of
> > the file.
> >

> Looks the "manual" processe was the only way to do the job.  I
> translated the website to pt_BR, but I would like to test it before
> sending the patch. However I'm getting the error below when running
> 'make website' (also 'make ISOLANG=pt_BR website'):
>
> "Undefined subroutine &main::get_index called at
> /home/rafael/lilypond-git/Documentation/lilypond-texi2html.init line
> 2548"
>
> See attached file for the whole output.
>
> For the record, I have texinfo 6.5. I read in the requirements that
> the previously independent 'texi2html' <1.8.2 is required, which I
> assume it is also an out-of-date information as texi2html is part of
> texinfo package for some time now...
>
> Any ideas how to workaround that?
>
> Regards,
> Rafael Fontenelle

make-website-output.txt (261K) Download Attachment
pt_BR-output.txt (6K) Download Attachment
0001-Docs-pt_BR-Add-translation-to-website.patch (917K) Download Attachment

Re: Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Federico Bruni-3

Il giorno dom 5 ago 2018 alle 20:14, Rafael Fontenelle
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Ok, now with tex2html 1.82 I received a different output, with some
> error messages, which are detailed in the "*output.txt" files
> (pt_BR-output.txt has only the pt_BR, while the other is complete, for
> reference).
>
> For the error message "closing qq (1 braces missing)", I wasn't able
> to identify the source file of the given line. For the "Undefined
> node" and "Unknown node" messages, I don't know what caused them.  Any
> help on this would be much appreciated!
>
> I also attached a patch file with my translation, in case it helps
> debugging.

Hi Rafael

A quick reply to tell you that  I'll be away from keybord for the next
3 weeks.
I hope somebody else will help you.

I cannot test your patch, as I cannot compile LilyPond on Fedora 28
right now.

For the closing @qq, double-check lines 996-1005 of introduction.itexi
It's not closed.

I had a quick look at some of the nodes mentioned in your output file
and they seem correct. I wonder if you should run 'make doc' first...
Actually, the website will be built when you run 'make doc'. It's a
manual like the others.

Le 05/08/2018 à 20:14, Rafael Fontenelle a écrit :

> Ok, now with tex2html 1.82 I received a different output, with some
> error messages, which are detailed in the "*output.txt" files
> (pt_BR-output.txt has only the pt_BR, while the other is complete, for
> reference).
>
> For the error message "closing qq (1 braces missing)", I wasn't able
> to identify the source file of the given line. For the "Undefined
> node" and "Unknown node" messages, I don't know what caused them.  Any
> help on this would be much appreciated!

For an easier way of checking your job and concentrate on your own
translation, you should run

make LANGS='pt_BR' doc

This way, only the English and your language will be generated.

I've located some errors (see enclosed file), but I'm still unable to
get a successful doc-build. It might be judicious to avoid the
underscore in the path (FWIW: texinfo excludes the '_' character from
macros); I'll give it a try over the week.

Welcome in the pond!

pt_br-check.log (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Walter Garcia-Fontes
* Federico Bruni, [hidden email] [06/08/18 00:11]:

> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> > Ok, now with tex2html 1.82 I received a different output, with some
> > error messages, which are detailed in the "*output.txt" files
> > (pt_BR-output.txt has only the pt_BR, while the other is complete, for
> > reference).
> >
> > For the error message "closing qq (1 braces missing)", I wasn't able
> > to identify the source file of the given line. For the "Undefined
> > node" and "Unknown node" messages, I don't know what caused them.  Any
> > help on this would be much appreciated!
> >
> > I also attached a patch file with my translation, in case
> > it helps debugging.
>
> A quick reply to tell you that  I'll be away from keybord for
> the next 3 weeks.
> I hope somebody else will help you.
>
> I cannot test your patch, as I cannot compile LilyPond on
> Fedora 28 right now.
>
> For the closing @qq, double-check lines 996-1005 of introduction.itexi
> It's not closed.
>
> I had a quick look at some of the nodes mentioned in your
> output file and they seem correct. I wonder if you should run
> 'make doc' first... Actually, the website will be built when
> you run 'make doc'. It's a manual like the others.

Hi Rafaele,

I tried your patch, and I have notice the following:

A plain "make" already gives errors. If you check the file
"Documentation/web.makeinfo.log'' in your build directory, you will
see a lot of line like:

out/weblinks.itexi:180: bad syntax for @macro argument: _BR

They are caused by the macro definitions in the referred file which is
in "Documentation/out/weblinks.itexi". For instance the above error in
line 180 of that file is:

@macro downloadStableSource-pt_BR

I believe texinfo does not allow underscores in macro definitions and
that is the problem. Now, I don't know how to define a language
variant as "Brazilian Portuguese'' without the underscore. Worth
asking in the development mailing list, if none of the main developers
is reading this translation list. Maybe it is just because of the
European Summer vacation, because usually some developers answer also
in this list.

I hope this helps,

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes
L'Hospitalet de Llobregat

Re: Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Rafael Fontenelle
Thanks Frederico, Jean-Charles and Walter for your help finding errors
and providing suggestions. I'm learning a lot so far.

Please find attached an updated patch with fixes to syntax errors
brought up so far.

As Jean-Charles and Walter suggested, the name 'pt_BR' wasn't
correctly handle by texinfo.  I would normally use 'pt-br' as
alternative, but it seems python/langdefs.py doesn't like pt-br as it
output errors "syntax-error: can't assign to operator" ( I assume it
thinks that 'pt-br' in 'pt-br = <stuff>" is a subtraction when a
variable name is expected, although i'm not sure).  All these problems
are solved by using just 'pt' -- it is not the best solution as it
normally refers to European Portuguese, but I guess I could work with
it.

'make website' ends successfully, without errors being printed, by
using 'pt' as my language name.

'make doc', however, fails and what seems to cause is that
"scripts/lilypond-book.py" is not finding the library 'lilylib' for
importing. See the following command-lines extracted from the output
of 'make doc'

$ cd input/regression
$ LILYPOND_VERSION=2.19.81
PDFTEX=/home/rafael/lilypond-git/scripts/build/out/xetex-with-options
PDFLATEX=/home/rafael/lilypond-git/scripts/build/out/xelatex-with-options
/usr/bin/python2 -tt ../../scripts/lilypond-book.py -I .
--process='/home/rafael/lilypond-git/out/bin/lilypond -I .
-dbackend=eps --formats=ps,png,pdf  -dinclude-eps-fonts
-dgs-load-fonts --header=doctitle --header=doctitlept --header=texidoc
--header=texidocpt -dcheck-internal-types -ddump-signatures
-danti-alias-factor=2
-dfont-export-dir=/home/rafael/lilypond-git/out-fonts -O TeX-GS'
--output=./out-www --format=texi-html --loglevel=WARN
--lily-output-dir /home/rafael/lilypond-git/out/lybook-db
--redirect-lilypond-output out-www/collated-files.tely
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../../scripts/lilypond-book.py", line 62, in <module>
    import lilylib as ly
ImportError: No module named lilylib

python/lilylib.py exists, but I don't know why 'make doc' failed to
find it. Maybe that's something to throw to bug-lilypond list?

Best regards,
Rafael Fontenelle

0001-Docs-pt-Add-Portuguese-translation-to-website.patch (917K) Download Attachment

Re: Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Jean-Charles MALAHIEUDE
Le 15/08/2018 à 05:32, Rafael Fontenelle a écrit :
> Thanks Frederico, Jean-Charles and Walter for your help finding errors
> and providing suggestions. I'm learning a lot so far.
>
> Please find attached an updated patch with fixes to syntax errors
> brought up so far.

I've pushed it and merged into stable/2.20

Don't forget to add the two lines at the beginning of a new translated
file (see the additional commit I did onto yours) in order not to
disturb when updating the page "translated.html"

> As Jean-Charles and Walter suggested, the name 'pt_BR' wasn't
> correctly handle by texinfo.  I would normally use 'pt-br' as
> alternative, but it seems python/langdefs.py doesn't like pt-br as it
> output errors "syntax-error: can't assign to operator" ( I assume it
> thinks that 'pt-br' in 'pt-br = <stuff>" is a subtraction when a
> variable name is expected, although i'm not sure).  All these problems
> are solved by using just 'pt' -- it is not the best solution as it
> normally refers to European Portuguese, but I guess I could work with
> it.

We might later on try "ptBR" when Lusitania come on board…

> 'make doc', however, fails and what seems to cause is that
> "scripts/lilypond-book.py" is not finding the library 'lilylib' for
> importing. See the following command-lines extracted from the output
> of 'make doc'

When such things happen, I usually firstly run a 'make doc-clean' and
'make clean' and then have a new build.

Thanks for your work,

Re: Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Rafael Fontenelle
Hello Jean-Charles

Em qui, 16 de ago de 2018 às 10:42, Jean-Charles Malahieude
<[hidden email]> escreveu:

> I've pushed it and merged into stable/2.20
>
> Don't forget to add the two lines at the beginning of a new translated
> file (see the additional commit I did onto yours) in order not to
> disturb when updating the page "translated.html"

Duly noted! Thanks!

> We might later on try "ptBR" when Lusitania come on board…

Just let me know and I'll make the proper adjusts to my translations
and other related files

> When such things happen, I usually firstly run a 'make doc-clean' and
> 'make clean' and then have a new build.

I thought 'make clean' would do the whole clean. Anyway, 'make
doc-clean' && 'make clean' (or 'make doc-clean clean') didn't change
the result -- same error as my previous email. Are you able to
successfully build the docs?  If so, then I'll have to debug in my
distro.

Best regards,
Rafael Fontenelle

Re: Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Walter Garcia-Fontes
* Rafael Fontenelle, [hidden email] [17/08/18 02:04]:
> I thought 'make clean' would do the whole clean. Anyway, 'make
> doc-clean' && 'make clean' (or 'make doc-clean clean') didn't change
> the result -- same error as my previous email. Are you able to
> successfully build the docs?  If so, then I'll have to debug in my
> distro.

I was getting an error from "make doc" from the current HEAD of the
translation branch, before the "pt" merge or any other patch.

This is after "make clean", "make doc-clean", "make", and "make doc
LANGS=<any language".

These are the last lines where the error is shown:

/home/wgarcia/lilypond-git/./Documentation/GNUmakefile:226: recipe for target 'out-www/css' failed
make[2]: *** [out-www/css] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/wgarcia/lilypond-git/build/Documentation'
/home/wgarcia/lilypond-git/stepmake/stepmake/generic-targets.make:166: recipe for target 'WWW-1' failed
make[1]: *** [WWW-1] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/wgarcia/lilypond-git/build'
/home/wgarcia/lilypond-git/stepmake/stepmake/generic-targets.make:182: recipe for target 'doc-stage-1' failed

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes
L'Hospitalet de Llobregat

Le 17/08/2018 à 10:50, Walter Garcia-Fontes a écrit :

> * Rafael Fontenelle, [hidden email] [17/08/18 02:04]:
>> I thought 'make clean' would do the whole clean. Anyway, 'make
>> doc-clean' && 'make clean' (or 'make doc-clean clean') didn't change
>> the result -- same error as my previous email. Are you able to
>> successfully build the docs?  If so, then I'll have to debug in my
>> distro.
>
> I was getting an error from "make doc" from the current HEAD of the
> translation branch, before the "pt" merge or any other patch.
>
> This is after "make clean", "make doc-clean", "make", and "make doc
> LANGS=<any language".
>
> These are the last lines where the error is shown:
>
> /home/wgarcia/lilypond-git/./Documentation/GNUmakefile:226: recipe for target 'out-www/css' failed
> make[2]: *** [out-www/css] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/wgarcia/lilypond-git/build/Documentation'
> /home/wgarcia/lilypond-git/stepmake/stepmake/generic-targets.make:166: recipe for target 'WWW-1' failed
> make[1]: *** [WWW-1] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/wgarcia/lilypond-git/build'
> /home/wgarcia/lilypond-git/stepmake/stepmake/generic-targets.make:182: recipe for target 'doc-stage-1' failed

Sorry, but I don't have those. The "strongest" way I know about before
removing everything and cloning again is a fresh build:

make distclean
./autogen.sh
make && make doc

BTW, I've just committed changes to create-weblinks-itexi.py in order to
get rid of all those "create-weblinks-itexi: warning: [pt]: translation
missing for: BLAH". I let Rafael check the strings' copy&past…

Re: Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Walter Garcia-Fontes
* Jean-Charles Malahieude, [hidden email] [17/08/18 18:50]:
> Le 17/08/2018 à 10:50, Walter Garcia-Fontes a écrit :
> > I was getting an error from "make doc" from the current HEAD of the
> > translation branch, before the "pt" merge or any other patch.
> >
> > This is after "make clean", "make doc-clean", "make", and "make doc
> > LANGS=<any language".
> >
> > These are the last lines where the error is shown:
[...]

> > /home/wgarcia/lilypond-git/stepmake/stepmake/generic-targets.make:182: recipe for target 'doc-stage-1' failed
>
> Sorry, but I don't have those. The "strongest" way I know
> about before removing everything and cloning again is a fresh
> build:
>
> make distclean
> ./autogen.sh
> make && make doc

Yes, you're right, after those commands I don't get this error any
more.

Walter Garcia-Fontes
L'Hospitalet de Llobregat

Re: Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Il giorno mer 15 ago 2018 alle 5:32, Rafael Fontenelle
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> 'make website' ends successfully, without errors being printed, by
> using 'pt' as my language name.
>
> 'make doc', however, fails and what seems to cause is that
> "scripts/lilypond-book.py" is not finding the library 'lilylib' for
> importing. See the following command-lines extracted from the output
> of 'make doc'
>
> $ cd input/regression
> $ LILYPOND_VERSION=2.19.81
> PDFTEX=/home/rafael/lilypond-git/scripts/build/out/xetex-with-options
> PDFLATEX=/home/rafael/lilypond-git/scripts/build/out/xelatex-with-options
> /usr/bin/python2 -tt ../../scripts/lilypond-book.py -I .
> --process='/home/rafael/lilypond-git/out/bin/lilypond -I .
> -dbackend=eps --formats=ps,png,pdf  -dinclude-eps-fonts
> -dgs-load-fonts --header=doctitle --header=doctitlept --header=texidoc
> --header=texidocpt -dcheck-internal-types -ddump-signatures
> -danti-alias-factor=2
> -dfont-export-dir=/home/rafael/lilypond-git/out-fonts -O TeX-GS'
> --output=./out-www --format=texi-html --loglevel=WARN
> --lily-output-dir /home/rafael/lilypond-git/out/lybook-db
> --redirect-lilypond-output out-www/collated-files.tely
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "../../scripts/lilypond-book.py", line 62, in <module>
>     import lilylib as ly
> ImportError: No module named lilylib
>
> python/lilylib.py exists, but I don't know why 'make doc' failed to
> find it. Maybe that's something to throw to bug-lilypond list?

Rafael, have you solved this already?

You may try running manually this target from the source root (even if
it should have been run already):

make python-modules

Le 18/08/2018 à 17:43, Federico Bruni a écrit :

> Il giorno mer 15 ago 2018 alle 5:32, Rafael Fontenelle
> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>>

>> 'make website' ends successfully, without errors being printed, by
>> using 'pt' as my language name.
>>
>> 'make doc', however, fails and what seems to cause is that
>> "scripts/lilypond-book.py" is not finding the library 'lilylib' for
>> importing. See the following command-lines extracted from the output
>> of 'make doc'
>>
>> $ cd input/regression
>> $ LILYPOND_VERSION=2.19.81
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "../../scripts/lilypond-book.py", line 62, in <module>
>>     import lilylib as ly
>> ImportError: No module named lilylib
>>
>> python/lilylib.py exists, but I don't know why 'make doc' failed to
>> find it. Maybe that's something to throw to bug-lilypond list?
>>

> Rafael, have you solved this already?
>
> You may try running manually this target from the source root (even if
> it should have been run already):

Most of the time, I get rid of this with a new ./autogen.sh

BTW, I leave tomorrow for a week with no good internet.