Strings in Czech and German

Walter Garcia-Fontes
Just out  of curiosity, there are some strings in Czech and German in
Documentation/po I believe in most languages po files. The German ones
I could deal with, but the Czech ones are harder, I tried with Google
translator but of course most translations didn't make sense. Any
reason why these strings are not in English? Should they be translated?

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes
L'Hospitalet de Llobregat

Re: Strings in Czech and German

Federico Bruni-2

Il 15/giu/2014 12:02 "Walter Garcia-Fontes" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Just out  of curiosity, there are some strings in Czech and German in
> Documentation/po I believe in most languages po files. The German ones
> I could deal with, but the Czech ones are harder, I tried with Google
> translator but of course most translations didn't make sense. Any
> reason why these strings are not in English? Should they be translated?

I think that Documentation/po is quite a mess. I remember that I translated only the strings that appeared in english in the Italian manuals.
IIRC most of the translations in those po files are handled directly in the texinfo files.
Translate only what is necessary!