Stuck with an error in Priority III Catalan translation

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Stuck with an error in Priority III Catalan translation

Walter Garcia-Fontes
I'm stuck with the files suggested to compile priority III Catalan
translation. I get the error in the "usage" directory, where basically
I have translated usage.tely plus usage/running.itely and
usage/updating.itely.

The error I get is the typical suggesting some not closed bracket,
namely I get in usage.texi2pdf.log:

/usage.texi:15: Paragraph ended before
\documentlanguagetrywithoutunderscore was complete.
<to be read again>
                   \par
l.15
     
?
./usage.texi:15: Emergency stop.

which I solved in the past in another similar cases by finding and
fixing some unclosed bracket. But this time I revised the hell out of
me these three files and can find any unclosed  bracket. As I keep
looking without giving up, if anybody can take a look, I very much
would appreciate it. You can find my set of patches in:

http://puna.upf.edu/catalan_priorityIII.zip

which I'm applying against the translation branch.

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Stuck with an error in Priority III Catalan translation

David Kastrup
Walter Garcia-Fontes <[hidden email]> writes:

> I'm stuck with the files suggested to compile priority III Catalan
> translation. I get the error in the "usage" directory, where basically
> I have translated usage.tely plus usage/running.itely and
> usage/updating.itely.
>
> The error I get is the typical suggesting some not closed bracket,
> namely I get in usage.texi2pdf.log:
>
> /usage.texi:15: Paragraph ended before
> \documentlanguagetrywithoutunderscore was complete.
> <to be read again>
>                    \par
> l.15
>      
> ?
> ./usage.texi:15: Emergency stop.
>
> which I solved in the past in another similar cases by finding and
> fixing some unclosed bracket. But this time I revised the hell out of
> me these three files and can find any unclosed  bracket. As I keep
> looking without giving up, if anybody can take a look, I very much
> would appreciate it. You can find my set of patches in:
>
> http://puna.upf.edu/catalan_priorityIII.zip
>
> which I'm applying against the translation branch.

In usage.texi I read

@documentlanguage ca

without a corresponding language support file tex/txi-ca.tex.  Taking a
look at
<URL:http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/trunk/doc/?root=texinfo>, it
would appear that Catalan is not yet supported by Texinfo.  I suggest
doing something like taking the txi-fr.tex file and translating it into
txi-ca.tex.  You might want to contribute it to the Texinfo project as
well as placing it into LilyPond in order to avoid having to maintain it
separately forever.

It's possible that other Texinfo components are in need of Catalan
versions, but I have not really investigated.

--
David Kastrup


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Stuck with an error in Priority III Catalan translation

Walter Garcia-Fontes
* David Kastrup, [hidden email] [17/01/15 11:13]:

> In usage.texi I read
>
> @documentlanguage ca
>
> without a corresponding language support file tex/txi-ca.tex.  Taking a
> look at
> <URL:http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/trunk/doc/?root=texinfo>, it
> would appear that Catalan is not yet supported by Texinfo.  I suggest
> doing something like taking the txi-fr.tex file and translating it into
> txi-ca.tex.  You might want to contribute it to the Texinfo project as
> well as placing it into LilyPond in order to avoid having to maintain it
> separately forever.
>
> It's possible that other Texinfo components are in need of Catalan
> versions, but I have not really investigated.

Thanks a lot, David, I would never have found this by myself, I will do
as you suggest as I already contribute to the main GNU translation
page for Catalan.

Best,

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Stuck with an error in Priority III Catalan translation

David Kastrup
Walter Garcia-Fontes <[hidden email]> writes:

> * David Kastrup, [hidden email] [17/01/15 11:13]:
>
>> In usage.texi I read
>>
>> @documentlanguage ca
>>
>> without a corresponding language support file tex/txi-ca.tex.  Taking a
>> look at
>> <URL:http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/trunk/doc/?root=texinfo>, it
>> would appear that Catalan is not yet supported by Texinfo.  I suggest
>> doing something like taking the txi-fr.tex file and translating it into
>> txi-ca.tex.  You might want to contribute it to the Texinfo project as
>> well as placing it into LilyPond in order to avoid having to maintain it
>> separately forever.
>>
>> It's possible that other Texinfo components are in need of Catalan
>> versions, but I have not really investigated.
>
> Thanks a lot, David, I would never have found this by myself,

The error message is pretty absurd indeed and should likely also be
reported as a bug to Texinfo.  In spite of the cryptic error, I consider
my interpretation the most plausible cause of this error.

> I will do as you suggest as I already contribute to the main GNU
> translation page for Catalan.

--
David Kastrup


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Stuck with an error in Priority III Catalan translation

Jean-Charles MALAHIEUDE
In reply to this post by Walter Garcia-Fontes
Le 17/01/2015 13:36, Walter Garcia-Fontes a Ă©crit :

> * David Kastrup, [17/01/15 11:13]:
>
>> In usage.texi I read
>>
>> @documentlanguage ca
>>
>> without a corresponding language support file tex/txi-ca.tex.  Taking a
>> look at
>> <URL:http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/trunk/doc/?root=texinfo>, it
>> would appear that Catalan is not yet supported by Texinfo.  I suggest
>> doing something like taking the txi-fr.tex file and translating it into
>> txi-ca.tex.  You might want to contribute it to the Texinfo project as
>> well as placing it into LilyPond in order to avoid having to maintain it
>> separately forever.
>>
>> It's possible that other Texinfo components are in need of Catalan
>> versions, but I have not really investigated.
>
> Thanks a lot, David, I would never have found this by myself, I will do
> as you suggest as I already contribute to the main GNU translation
> page for Catalan.
>
David is right.   The line was just a bit higher in the log:

(/home/jcharles/GIT/Traduc/Documentation/./out-www/usage.aux)
Runaway argument?
{ca_\finish }\else \globaldefs = 1 \input txi-ca.tex \fi \closein 1
\endgroup \
ETC.

I just made
cd GIT/Traduc/tex
cp  txi-ca.tex txi-ca.tex

and re-make doc.

There still are a couple of errors. Don't forget that it is like in a
restaurant: the plate you get must be what is on the menu, i.e. what
follows @node must have the exact same spelling as the line in the
@menu. I enclose a simple diff. For the rest, I'm still investigating…

Concerning texinfo, there are two two "domains" on the translation
project. The one that is important for documents is located on
http://translationproject.org/domain/texinfo_document.html

Since LilyPond still uses texi2html and not the texi2any script that is
part of texinfo, you may in a first step adapt one of the txi-LL.tex
file in LilyPOnd's sources.


Cheers,
Jean-Charles

typos.patch (2K) Download Attachment