Translated manuals disappeared?

Harmath Dénes
Hi all,

since the last release, the Hungarian manuals seem to have disappeared from the website. What can I do to bring them back?

Thanks in advance,
thSoft

Re: Translated manuals disappeared?

Francisco Vila
2011/2/9 Harmath Dénes <[hidden email]>:
> Hi all,
>
> since the last release, the Hungarian manuals seem to have disappeared from the website. What can I do to bring them back?

In my local offline copy, compiled from latest Git, all documents are
there. They are all for v 2.13.49; whereas the docs directly linked
from lilypond.org are for 2.12.3.  Were Hungarian docs ready for
2.12.3? I don't remember.

Latest manuals for all languages can be reached through the
Community/Development section of the web, for example

  http://lilypond.org/development.hu.html

contains a link to

  http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/learning/index.hu.html

So, the problem seems to be that the web is still 2.12 and links to
hungarian 2.13.48 manuals are not the same as 2.12 which in turn are
stable manuals for all.  Managing a mix of old links and new docs
looks like a labyrinth for me.  Sometimes I'd prefer an all-stable
page with all-stable docs, and a different all-devel page with
all-devel docs, with links between them, but it's difficult to say if
this would be better than our present situation.

Try to remember what was exactly the situation at the previous release
and look at the git history to see if anything changed with regards to
links to Hungarian docs.

2011/2/9 Francisco Vila <[hidden email]>:
> 2011/2/9 Harmath Dénes <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> since the last release, the Hungarian manuals seem to have disappeared from the website. What can I do to bring them back?

Nightly Kainhofer build mirrors current Git status:

http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/web/manuals.hu.html

http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/web/index.html doesn't mirror the latest version (2.13.43).

In theory, I corrected the manual links since last release. In the source, they seem correct (Stable and Devel correspondingly). Regarding the manuals themselves, before this release, the situation was: http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/doc/v2.13/Documentation/learning/index.hu.html didn't exist, but http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/learning/index.hu.html did, and it was the development version. So does this mean the users have to wait for the next stable release to access the manuals from the Manuals page?

Re: Translated manuals disappeared?

Francisco Vila
2011/2/9 Harmath Dénes <[hidden email]>:
> http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/web/index.html doesn't mirror the latest version (2.13.43).
>
> In theory, I corrected the manual links since last release.

Expect dead links to untranslated manuals there where you have used
the -hu macro.  If I'm not wrong, the -hu macro adds .hu. to the link
and therefore it should lead to a translated manual only.

> In the source, they seem correct (Stable and Devel correspondingly). Regarding the manuals themselves, before this release, the situation was: http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/doc/v2.13/Documentation/learning/index.hu.html didn't exist,

The repeat of Documentation/ in the path looks wrong.

> but http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/learning/index.hu.html did, and it was the development version. So does this mean the users have to wait for the next stable release to access the manuals from the Manuals page?

   http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/learning/index.hu.html

is latest release. Yes, you have to wait in this case, we don't
publish nightly builds.

  http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/learning/index.hu.html

is latest git but only has development versions of everything, I
think.  Reinhold did set up this yesterday.