[Translation] Czech xrefs towards Notation Reference

[Translation] Czech xrefs towards Notation Reference

Jean-Charles MALAHIEUDE
Hallo Pavel!

As a follow up to
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2011-11/msg00549.html
please find enclosed a file listing all @ruser{} that should be
corrected as long as the Notation Reference has not been translated.

It is the result of

git grep -n '@ruser'

launched in Documentation/cs/

I let you do the job and commit. Each second line contains what should
appear in place of @ruser{Czech words}. Don't forget I haven't learned
Czech…

As a matter of fact, each cross-reference to a manual that has not been
translated should use its "named" version if you want its translation to
appear.

cs-ruser.log (13K) Download Attachment

Re: [Translation] Czech xrefs towards Notation Reference

Francisco Vila
2011/11/20 Jean-Charles Malahieude <[hidden email]>:
> Hallo Pavel!
>
> As a follow up to
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2011-11/msg00549.html
> please find enclosed a file listing all @ruser{} that should be corrected as
> long as the Notation Reference has not been translated.

Thank you, good work.

Pavel: please remember that all translations should be actively
maintained because otherwise they could get outdated as months go by.
I myself in charge of the Spanish translation are not keeping it in a
very good shape and that only makes work to cummulate.

Re: [Translation] Czech xrefs towards Notation Reference

Le 20/11/2011 21:44, Pavel Fric disait :
> Hi,
>
> I can look at it, but at first I have to mention history of Czech
> translation of documentation.
>
> I made it in the beginning of this year, and the work was interrupted
> sometimes at the end of February. It appeared that due to more than 5
> errors during the building Czech translation never appears publicly. :)

Nevertheless it is online!

> Now we should proceed with the "bad" references - mostly pointing to
> Notation manual.

Those references are not "bad"; they just point to a file that does not
exist. This is the reason why, in such a case, you should use
@rMANUALnamed{English_node_name, Czech_wording}
in order to reach an existing page (in English by default).

> My original plan was to make the translation for references for Notation
> manual, for me to walk around this problem.
> I was/am using German translation to see, what is translated and what's
> not - also I see the difference between English and German, because of
> very poor knowledge of texinfo (and now I didn't see it for about 9
> months :)

You just have to respect the syntax as it appears in the files.

> Also in February I started the work on those references - I worked
> systematically on creation of tables with translation of referenced
> items of individual notation files (in spreadsheet .ods file:
> LibreOffice Calc) with English German and Czech translations in three
> columns to be able to trace every item when appearing during the
> translation.
>
> The goal with those references was/is after the finish of such a work to
> replace corresponding texts in appropriate files of Notation manual. But
> that work wasn't finished in February by me, and I would like rather
> positively replace German (English) texts in the files of Notation
> manual than add English to existing files. :)

This is not a bad idea. You also ca do (everything on one line)

grep -B1 @translationof Documentation/cs/*.* Documentation/cs/*/*.* >
../cs-nodes

in order to get a full list of translated node names.

Keep also in mind that Till's translation is not up to date...

> My current situation is for some weeks as described with following words
> - the partition, where I had Linux on my home Desktop simply one day in
> October vanished and because of my brother has on the same computer some
> files in Windows, he would like to examine (he visits us at home only
> from time to time - and says he could manage it before Christmas), I
> can't afford simply format whole disk and install any Linux distribution
> with Git to make patches for sending the changes (I didn't see the
> manual for patches creation/didn't created any patch from February up to
> now too. :)

Why don't you install on another disk and connect the one with Windows
just when your brother gets home?

> Also I hope that the situation isn't so critical, that there is some
> (longer) time to work on this task.

If you allow me or Francisco to apply those corrections, we'll commit it
for you. It will eliminate a number of warnings and errors.
There are some corrections to apply to your web/introduction.itely as
well (@node Snadnější úpravy) where you missed a @divend.

> Now I am working on Qt Creator translation and it has almost 6000
> strings (more than 160 000 characters of translation in one file, and
> there were some other before...), (so I am now little tired doing this
> job). :)
>
> What do you think about it?

Do your best to, at least, try to keep the po file up to date.
I'm just waiting for a "release candidate" before updating the Free
Translation Project.

Viele Grüße,
Jean-Charles