Translation of pics in text-input

Till Paala
  Hi Francisco,

I saw you are the only one who has done translation of the originally
svg-pics of the short introduction into how lilypond works (in the file
text-input.es.html). How did you do this (it used to be fetched from the
LANG.po file and applied to the svg-file as a string)?

Greetings
Till

Re: Translation of pics in text-input

Francisco Vila
2010/9/22 Till Paala <[hidden email]>:
>  Hi Francisco,
>
> I saw you are the only one who has done translation of the originally
> svg-pics of the short introduction into how lilypond works (in the file
> text-input.es.html). How did you do this (it used to be fetched from the
> LANG.po file and applied to the svg-file as a string)?

Inkscape used to do this, by command line in the process of doc
compiling, and that's how Spanish images were done at first, but now
we edit the images with Inkscape (gui mode) and save as svg.  I could
be wrong but I vaguely recall having done so.

2010/9/22 Francisco Vila <[hidden email]>:

> 2010/9/22 Till Paala <[hidden email]>:
>>  Hi Francisco,
>>
>> I saw you are the only one who has done translation of the originally
>> svg-pics of the short introduction into how lilypond works (in the file
>> text-input.es.html). How did you do this (it used to be fetched from the
>> LANG.po file and applied to the svg-file as a string)?
>
> Inkscape used to do this, by command line in the process of doc
> compiling, and that's how Spanish images were done at first, but now
> we edit the images with Inkscape (gui mode) and save as svg.  I could
> be wrong but I vaguely recall having done so.

See 72a9ee88098e473aa495ec43c5163568521d12d9

web-es: translation of annotated input images

Re: Translation of pics in text-input

Till Paala
  Hi Francisco,

hope you can help me another time: I just did those pictures with the
normal GUI using modified svgs and changed the html files accordingly,
like you did in your patch. But unfortunately the pics just won't get
included as if they weren't found on the computer.
Do you have time to test my patch -- can there be problems in the size
or structure of the pngs? I noticed, that you also pushed a second patch
(Optimize Spanish PNGs) – do you have any ideas what these improvements
were about? Or do you have some ideas where I can go on investigate the
problem?

Thank you
Till

2010/9/30 Till Paala <[hidden email]>:
>  Hi Francisco,
>
> hope you can help me another time: I just did those pictures with the normal
> GUI using modified svgs and changed the html files accordingly, like you did
> in your patch. But unfortunately the pics just won't get included as if they
> weren't found on the computer.
> Do you have time to test my patch

Wich patch are we talking about exactly?

>  -- can there be problems in the size or
> structure of the pngs?

I don't think so.

>  I noticed, that you also pushed a second patch
> (Optimize Spanish PNGs) – do you have any ideas what these improvements were
> about? Or do you have some ideas where I can go on investigate the problem?

I used optiPNG http://optipng.sourceforge.net/ which shrinks file
sizes while keeping the exact very same image on screen.

  sudo aptitude install optipng

Am 01.10.10 00:49, schrieb Francisco Vila:
2010/9/30 Till Paala [hidden email]:
 Hi Francisco,

hope you can help me another time: I just did those pictures with the normal
GUI using modified svgs and changed the html files accordingly, like you did
in your patch. But unfortunately the pics just won't get included as if they
weren't found on the computer.
Do you have time to test my patch
Wich patch are we talking about exactly?
I didn't send it because it is somehow big – if you have the time to have a look I can send it to you.

I used optiPNG http://optipng.sourceforge.net/ which shrinks file
sizes while keeping the exact very same image on screen.

  sudo aptitude install optipng
Ok, that's good news. Noticed that the file size of my pngs is somehow bigger than that of the other languages.

Till

Re: Translation of pics in text-input

Till Paala
Am 01.10.10 00:49, schrieb Francisco Vila:
2010/9/30 Till Paala [hidden email]:
 Hi Francisco,

hope you can help me another time: I just did those pictures with the normal
GUI using modified svgs and changed the html files accordingly, like you did
in your patch. But unfortunately the pics just won't get included as if they
weren't found on the computer.
Do you have time to test my patch
Wich patch are we talking about exactly?
I didn't send it because it is somehow big if you have time to look at it I can send it to you.