Translation of snippets

Yoshiki Sawada
Hello John and translators,

I am about to translate snippets.
Existing texidoc files have a line for git commit,
i.e. "%% Translation of GIT committish: 06....".

Should I add a line for git commit, when I create a new texidoc file?

Thanks,
Sawada, Yodhiki

Re: Translation of snippets

Francisco Vila
2009/9/5 Yoshiki Sawada <[hidden email]>:
> Hello John and translators,
>
> I am about to translate snippets.
> Existing texidoc files have a line for git commit,
> i.e. "%% Translation of GIT committish: 06....".
>
> Should I add a line for git commit, when I create a new texidoc file?

Yes.  The checking mechanism rely on it.

Several snippets are already translated; didn't you write down the
committishes on them?
www.paconet.org
www.csmbadajoz.com

Re: Translation of snippets

Yoshiki Sawada
2009/9/5 Francisco Vila <paconet.org@gmail.com>
2009/9/5 Yoshiki Sawada <[hidden email]>:
> Hello John and translators,
>
> I am about to translate snippets.
> Existing texidoc files have a line for git commit,
> i.e. "%% Translation of GIT committish: 06....".
>
> Should I add a line for git commit, when I create a new texidoc file?

Yes.  The checking mechanism rely on it.

Several snippets are already translated; didn't you write down the
committishes on them?

No, I did not.

John converted the former snippets translation to the current snippets translation.
(Former snippets translation: translators directly added translation into files in "input/[lsr, texidocs]" directory.)
(Current snippets translation: translators create texidoc files in "Documentation/LANG/texidocs" directory.)

And, I rely on him to commit my translation.
(I send git patches to him, and he apples them to "lilypond.git".)
I may need to learn how to use git...

Re: Translation of snippets

Francisco Vila
2009/9/5 Yoshiki Sawada <[hidden email]>:

> 2009/9/5 Francisco Vila <[hidden email]>
>> Several snippets are already translated; didn't you write down the
>> committishes on them?
>
> No, I did not.
>
> John converted the former snippets translation to the current snippets
> translation.
> (Former snippets translation: translators directly added translation into
> files in "input/[lsr, texidocs]" directory.)
> (Current snippets translation: translators create texidoc files in
> "Documentation/LANG/texidocs" directory.)

I have noticed it, although I haven't read latest changes on the
contributors guide (I should, we all should).  Anyway, the mechanism
is the same, just paste the commitish from git.

> And, I rely on him to commit my translation.
> (I send git patches to him, and he apples them to "lilypond.git".)
> I may need to learn how to use git...

I you have been sending patches to him, I think you already know
fairly well what's needed to do it.

www.paconet.org
www.csmbadajoz.com

Re: Translation of snippets

Yoshiki Sawada

2009/9/5 Francisco Vila <paconet.org@gmail.com>
2009/9/5 Yoshiki Sawada <[hidden email]>:
> 2009/9/5 Francisco Vila <paconet.org@gmail.com>
>> Several snippets are already translated; didn't you write down the
>> committishes on them?
>
> No, I did not.
>
> John converted the former snippets translation to the current snippets
> translation.
> (Former snippets translation: translators directly added translation into
> files in "input/[lsr, texidocs]" directory.)
> (Current snippets translation: translators create texidoc files in
> "Documentation/LANG/texidocs" directory.)

I have noticed it, although I haven't read latest changes on the
contributors guide (I should, we all should).  Anyway, the mechanism
is the same, just paste the commitish from git.

I'm sure. I will add committish lines to my texidoc files.
Thank you very much for your replies.

> And, I rely on him to commit my translation.
> (I send git patches to him, and he apples them to "lilypond.git".)
> I may need to learn how to use git...

I you have been sending patches to him, I think you already know
fairly well what's needed to do it.

I hope I know well.

Thanks,
Sawada, Yoshiki (Japan)