Uh, are we done yet for 2.20 ?

12

Uh, are we done yet for 2.20 ?

David Kastrup

Hi,

I have seen a few commits on the translations branch (which I can merge
to stable).  But I haven't seen anything akin to an explicit go-ahead.

What's the situation on the translations front?  Anything you'd rather
want to see added/changed before we release 2.20?

All the best

--
David Kastrup

Re: Uh, are we done yet for 2.20 ?

Jean-Charles MALAHIEUDE
Le 25/02/2020 à 15:46, David Kastrup a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have seen a few commits on the translations branch (which I can merge
> to stable).  But I haven't seen anything akin to an explicit go-ahead.
>
> What's the situation on the translations front?  Anything you'd rather
> want to see added/changed before we release 2.20?
>
> All the best

Everything is fine on the French part. I don't know for Federico and
Francisco.

Re: Uh, are we done yet for 2.20 ?

Federico Bruni-3

Il giorno mar 25 feb 2020 alle 16:19, Jean-Charles Malahieude
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Le 25/02/2020 à 15:46, David Kastrup a écrit :
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have seen a few commits on the translations branch (which I can
>> merge
>> to stable).  But I haven't seen anything akin to an explicit
>> go-ahead.
>>
>> What's the situation on the translations front?  Anything you'd
>> rather
>> want to see added/changed before we release 2.20?
>>
>> All the best
>>

> Everything is fine on the French part. I don't know for Federico and
> Francisco.

Not ready yet.
I can work on it only a couple of hours at night. It's really a lot of
boring changes and eventually I fall asleep quickly :-)
I'll see what I can do tonight.

Re: Uh, are we done yet for 2.20 ?

David Kastrup
Federico Bruni <[hidden email]> writes:

> Il giorno mar 25 feb 2020 alle 16:19, Jean-Charles Malahieude
> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>> Le 25/02/2020 à 15:46, David Kastrup a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>> I have seen a few commits on the translations branch (which I can
>>> merge
>>> to stable).  But I haven't seen anything akin to an explicit
>>> go-ahead.
>>> What's the situation on the translations front?  Anything you'd
>>> rather
>>> want to see added/changed before we release 2.20?
>>> All the best
>>>
>> Everything is fine on the French part. I don't know for Federico and
>> Francisco.
>>

> Not ready yet.
> I can work on it only a couple of hours at night. It's really a lot of
> boring changes and eventually I fall asleep quickly :-)
> I'll see what I can do tonight.

Ok.  My personal stance is that doing translations proper is such a
large job that those translators that do the kind of really heavy
lifting required for a full translation deserve a few days to have their
completed work reflected in a release compounding something gross like
7 years (it was December 2013 when 2.18.0 got released).

Just say when you are good.

All the best

--
David Kastrup

Re: Uh, are we done yet for 2.20 ?

El 25/2/20 a las 15:46, David Kastrup escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I have seen a few commits on the translations branch (which I can merge
> to stable).  But I haven't seen anything akin to an explicit go-ahead.
>
> What's the situation on the translations front?  Anything you'd rather
> want to see added/changed before we release 2.20?
>
> All the best

My check-translation script gives 54 files needing some work. Full diff
is 9537 lines long. In a week or less I can cope. I will start doing
most urgent changes first and will report my progress here.

Thanks

--
Francisco Vila, Ph.D. - Badajoz (Spain)
paconet.org , lilypond.es

Re: Uh, are we done yet for 2.20 ?

David Kastrup
Francisco Vila <[hidden email]> writes:

> El 25/2/20 a las 15:46, David Kastrup escribió:
>> Hi,
>> I have seen a few commits on the translations branch (which I can
>> merge
>> to stable).  But I haven't seen anything akin to an explicit go-ahead.
>> What's the situation on the translations front?  Anything you'd
>> rather
>> want to see added/changed before we release 2.20?
>> All the best
>>

> My check-translation script gives 54 files needing some work. Full
> diff is 9537 lines long. In a week or less I can cope.

Amazing.

> I will start doing most urgent changes first and will report my
> progress here.

Well, I'll admit that I had hoped for less, but at least it would appear
that there is little point in Federico going overboard upsetting his
sleep schedule while trying to bring Italian over the finishing line
stante pede.

All the best

--
David Kastrup

Re: Uh, are we done yet for 2.20 ?

Federico Bruni-3

Il giorno mar 25 feb 2020 alle 23:43, David Kastrup <[hidden email]> ha
scritto:

> Francisco Vila <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>>  El 25/2/20 a las 15:46, David Kastrup escribió:
>>>  Hi,
>>>  I have seen a few commits on the translations branch (which I can
>>>  merge
>>>  to stable).  But I haven't seen anything akin to an explicit
>>> go-ahead.
>>>  What's the situation on the translations front?  Anything you'd
>>>  rather
>>>  want to see added/changed before we release 2.20?
>>>  All the best
>>>

>>  My check-translation script gives 54 files needing some work. Full
>>  diff is 9537 lines long. In a week or less I can cope.
>
> Amazing.

I have 16 files and 5386 diff lines left to check.
I think and hope to be ready before Friday.
I will let you know

Re: Uh, are we done yet for 2.20 ?

El 25/2/20 a las 23:43, David Kastrup escribió:
> Well, I'll admit that I had hoped for less,

Sorry.

Mi diff is 'only' 5700 lines long now.
--
Francisco Vila, Ph.D. - Badajoz (Spain)
paconet.org , lilypond.es

Re: Uh, are we done yet for 2.20 ?

David Kastrup
Francisco Vila <[hidden email]> writes:

> El 25/2/20 a las 23:43, David Kastrup escribió:
>> Well, I'll admit that I had hoped for less,
>
> Sorry.

That wasn't supposed to be a complaint.  I just was surprised at just
how much work I had put on your plate recently in the expectation that
it would just take a few days to finish.

It's easy to underestimate the amount of work silently done by the
translators.

> Mi diff is 'only' 5700 lines long now.

Please, everybody: restrict yourself to the amount that is humanly
possible and compatible with your well-being.  The release has been long
enough in the making that we can afford the days that our best
translations need to get done.

All the best

--
David Kastrup

Re: Uh, are we done yet for 2.20 ?

Le 25/02/2020 à 15:46, David Kastrup a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have seen a few commits on the translations branch (which I can merge
> to stable).  But I haven't seen anything akin to an explicit go-ahead.

Once "go ahead" has been eared, please run

cd Documentation && make translation-status

in order to update the ll/translations.itexi before building the docs;
the last time I did it was in May 2019.

Re: Uh, are we done yet for 2.20 ?

El 26/2/20 a las 12:22, David Kastrup escribió:
> Francisco Vila <[hidden email]> writes:
>> Mi diff is 'only' 5700 lines long now.

Mi diff is _only_ 1799 lines long now and it involves updating pondings
in web/introduction and some doc snippets. Give me one day or merge
freely now.

Warning: make doc not tested yet.
--
Francisco Vila, Ph.D. - Badajoz (Spain)
paconet.org , lilypond.es

Re: Uh, are we done yet for 2.20 ?

David Kastrup
Francisco Vila <[hidden email]> writes:

> El 26/2/20 a las 12:22, David Kastrup escribió:
>> Francisco Vila <[hidden email]> writes:
>>> Mi diff is 'only' 5700 lines long now.
>
> Mi diff is _only_ 1799 lines long now and it involves updating
> pondings in web/introduction and some doc snippets. Give me one day or
> merge freely now.

Impressive.

> Warning: make doc not tested yet.

Doing a check right now.

--
David Kastrup

Re: Uh, are we done yet for 2.20 ?

David Kastrup
David Kastrup <[hidden email]> writes:

> Francisco Vila <[hidden email]> writes:

>> Mi diff is _only_ 1799 lines long now and it involves updating
>> pondings in web/introduction and some doc snippets. Give me one day or
>> merge freely now.
>
> Impressive.
>
>> Warning: make doc not tested yet.
>
> Doing a check right now.

Please check the logfile

  /usr/local/tmp/lilypond/Documentation/es/notation.bigtexi.log

for errors

WARNING: Unable to find node 'Alturas' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Alturas' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Alturas' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Alturas' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Alturas' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Alturas' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Alturas' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Clave' in book internals.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Alturas' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Alturas' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Alturas' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Alturas' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Alturas' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Tesitura' in book internals.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Alturas' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Alturas' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Alturas' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Alturas' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Duraciones' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Duraciones' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Duraciones' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'slurs' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Duraciones' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Duraciones' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Duraciones' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Duraciones' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Duraciones' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Notación de los pentagramas' in book snippets.
[...]
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Expresiones' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Expresiones' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Matices dinámicos' in book internals.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Expresiones' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Expresiones' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Expresiones' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Expresiones' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Expresiones' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Expresiones' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Expresiones' in book snippets.
WARNING: Unable to find node 'Arpegio' in book internals.
*** Undefined node `Plicas de pentagrama cruzado' in @ref (in out-www/56/lily-d0950594.texidoces l. 3)
Max error number exceeded

Se puede trazar un símbolo de arpegio entre notas de distintas
voces que están sobre el mismo pentagrama si el grabador
@code{Span_arpeggio_engraver} se traslada al contexto de
@code{Staff} context:

Huh?  Cannot see that node reference, but I guess you'll find what this
is about.

--
David Kastrup

Re: Uh, are we done yet for 2.20 ?

Francisco Vila
El 27/2/20 a las 14:52, David Kastrup escribió:

> *** Undefined node `Plicas de pentagrama cruzado' in @ref (in out-www/56/lily-d0950594.texidoces l. 3)
> Max error number exceeded
>

> Se puede trazar un símbolo de arpegio entre notas de distintas
> voces que están sobre el mismo pentagrama si el grabador
> @code{Span_arpeggio_engraver} se traslada al contexto de
> @code{Staff} context:
>
> Huh?  Cannot see that node reference, but I guess you'll find what this
> is about.

This is not a node but an @anchor and BTW every else language still has
it as a node. Now fixed in the translation branch

Thanks

Le 27/02/2020 à 14:52, David Kastrup a écrit :

> David Kastrup <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> […]
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Arpegio' in book internals.
> *** Undefined node `Plicas de pentagrama cruzado' in @ref (in out-www/56/lily-d0950594.texidoces l. 3)
> Max error number exceeded
>

> Se puede trazar un símbolo de arpegio entre notas de distintas
> voces que están sobre el mismo pentagrama si el grabador
> @code{Span_arpeggio_engraver} se traslada al contexto de
> @code{Staff} context:
>
> Huh?  Cannot see that node reference, but I guess you'll find what this
> is about.

It's line 495 of notation/keybords.itely, where the @node has become a
simple @anchor

-@anchor{Cross-staff stems}
+@anchor{Plicas de pentagrama cruzado}

There is another one on line 680, since it points to an appendix that is
not translated (generated from sources) and I've been bitten as well

-@ref{Registros de acordeón}.
+@rusernamed{Accordion Registers, Registros de acordeón}

Re: Uh, are we done yet for 2.20 ?

David Kastrup
Jean-Charles Malahieude <[hidden email]> writes:

> Le 27/02/2020 à 14:52, David Kastrup a écrit :
>> David Kastrup <[hidden email]> writes:
>> […]
>> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Arpegio' in book internals.
>> *** Undefined node `Plicas de pentagrama cruzado' in @ref (in
>> out-www/56/lily-d0950594.texidoces l. 3)
>> Max error number exceeded
>>
>> Se puede trazar un símbolo de arpegio entre notas de distintas
>> voces que están sobre el mismo pentagrama si el grabador
>> @code{Span_arpeggio_engraver} se traslada al contexto de
>> @code{Staff} context:
>> Huh?  Cannot see that node reference, but I guess you'll find what
>> this
>> is about.
>>

> It's line 495 of notation/keybords.itely, where the @node has become a
> simple @anchor
>
> -@anchor{Cross-staff stems}
> +@anchor{Plicas de pentagrama cruzado}
>
> There is another one on line 680, since it points to an appendix that
> is not translated (generated from sources) and I've been bitten as
> well
>
> -@ref{Registros de acordeón}.
> +@rusernamed{Accordion Registers, Registros de acordeón}

Ah yes.

*** Undefined node `Registros de acordeón' in @ref (in out-www/notation/keyboards.texi l. 892 in @funindex)

--
David Kastrup

Re: Uh, are we done yet for 2.20 ?

Francisco Vila
El 27/2/20 a las 19:24, David Kastrup escribió:
>> There is another one on line 680, since it points to an appendix that
>> is not translated (generated from sources) and I've been bitten as
>> well
>>
>> -@ref{Registros de acordeón}.
>> +@rusernamed{Accordion Registers, Registros de acordeón}
> Ah yes.
>
> *** Undefined node `Registros de acordeón' in @ref (in out-www/notation/keyboards.texi l. 892 in @funindex)

Thank you, done

I have never made docs in this computer, maybe I should try now, but my
idea is to complete the translation first.

--
Francisco Vila, Ph.D. - Badajoz (Spain)
paconet.org , lilypond.es

Doc-es done [Re: [translations] Uh, are we done yet for 2.20 ?]

Francisco Vila
El 28/2/20 a las 10:43, Francisco Vila escribió:
> I have never made docs in this computer, maybe I should try now, but my
> idea is to complete the translation first.

I'm done. Zero diff lines

Unfortunately I will not be available for fixes until Monday. No time
for checking make doc just now, either. Let me know if everything is OK
if you can check.

Is the answer is yes, please go ahead. Congrats to all for the huge work
--
Francisco Vila, Ph.D. - Badajoz (Spain)
paconet.org , lilypond.es

Re: Doc-es done [Re: [translations] Uh, are we done yet for 2.20 ?]

Jean-Charles MALAHIEUDE
Le 28/02/2020 à 20:31, Francisco Vila a écrit :

> El 28/2/20 a las 10:43, Francisco Vila escribió:
>> I have never made docs in this computer, maybe I should try now, but
>> my idea is to complete the translation first.
>
> I'm done. Zero diff lines
>
> Unfortunately I will not be available for fixes until Monday. No time
> for checking make doc just now, either. Let me know if everything is OK
> if you can check.
>
> Is the answer is yes, please go ahead. Congrats to all for the huge work

I've pushed a fix. Make doc LANGS='es' now completes smoothly.
Thanks for your job.

El 28/2/20 a las 21:28, Jean-Charles Malahieude escribió:
> I've pushed a fix. Make doc LANGS='es' now completes smoothly.
> Thanks for your job.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Jean-Charles

Thank you! Usage/Running almost needed a new translation from scratch,
or such was my sensation.