Unknown problem on Spanish docs

Francisco Vila
Hello,

Sorry about the breakage on docs thanks to notation.es.pdf ; I am
still looking for the causing commit and I'm not 100 percent sure that
it's not my last update on Vocal.

I can not extract the origin of the problem from the error messages:
latex logs are so cryptic!

Re: Unknown problem on Spanish docs

John Mandereau
Hi Francisco,
Il giorno gio, 28/10/2010 alle 14.56 +0200, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
> Sorry about the breakage on docs thanks to notation.es.pdf ; I am
> still looking for the causing commit and I'm not 100 percent sure that
> it's not my last update on Vocal.
>
> I can not extract the origin of the problem from the error messages:
> latex logs are so cryptic!

Try compiling either big page or split HTML explicitly, which will
hopefully give you more understandable messages, e.g. after a successful
"make"

cd TOP-BUILD-DIR/Documentation/es
make out=www out-www/notation/index.html

...err, well, I'm afraid that you need to specify

EXPANDED_TOP_BUILD_DIR/Documentation/out-www/notation/index.es.html

instead.

Good luck,

2010/10/28 John Mandereau <[hidden email]>:

> Try compiling either big page or split HTML explicitly, which will
> hopefully give you more understandable messages, e.g. after a successful
> "make"
>
> cd TOP-BUILD-DIR/Documentation/es
> make out=www out-www/notation/index.html
>
> ...err, well, I'm afraid that you need to specify
>
> EXPANDED_TOP_BUILD_DIR/Documentation/out-www/notation/index.es.html
>
> instead.

make: *** No rule to make target
`/home/paco/source/lilypond/Documentation/out-www/notation/index.es.html'.
 Stop.

Sorry,

Le jeudi 28 octobre 2010 à 23:47 +0200, Francisco Vila a écrit :
> make: *** No rule to make target
> `/home/paco/source/lilypond/Documentation/out-www/notation/index.es.html'.
>  Stop.

You should find the target file path to make somewhere in the output of

make -n doc # from TOP-BUILD/Documentation/es

Good luck,

2010/10/29 John Mandereau <[hidden email]>:
> Le jeudi 28 octobre 2010 à 23:47 +0200, Francisco Vila a écrit :
>> make: *** No rule to make target
>> `/home/paco/source/lilypond/Documentation/out-www/notation/index.es.html'.
>>  Stop.
>
> You should find the target file path to make somewhere in the output of
>
> make -n doc # from TOP-BUILD/Documentation/es

Thanks! Messages still were cryptic but at least they are shorter.
I've pushed a fix and tested that docs compile again.