Website translation: Spanish problems

Francisco Vila
John: when you find the time, share with me some clues about what's
happening on the Spanish website from current git,
lilypond/translation branch.  I can compile the docs, but:

- index.es.html has not quick links panel at the right side.
- it doesn't have any top links, only the lily icon and then the search box.
- refs to introduction and old news are not links, but @ref{...}
texts. I know how to fix those links, I've done it in the past, and I
have not touched them from my latest update.

- pages in other languages do not have the Spanish link.
- pages named whatever.es.html appear in English, only the "Other
languages" link text appears in Spanish.

It is very strange because I left the page in a very good shape, but I
can not make it to behave decently anymore.

I have:

- checked old versions out -- no luck, same results.
- returned to my old Ubuntu version on another HD partition. Same results.
- deleted completely out/ and out-www/ directories from Documentation
and Documentation/es. Touched all *i and *y files.
- make doc-clean
- compared line by line my web.texi with French, English and Hungarian
versions, which seem to work very well.

etc.

I am going to delete absolutely everything and start from scratch. If
anyone has compiled the website and could take a look to the Spanish
web pages, may be she could confirm these facts, thank you.

Re: Website translation: Spanish problems

Harmath Dénes
On 2010.01.03., at 23:04, Francisco Vila wrote:

> John: when you find the time, share with me some clues about what's
> happening on the Spanish website from current git,
> lilypond/translation branch.  I can compile the docs, but:
>
> - index.es.html has not quick links panel at the right side.
> - it doesn't have any top links, only the lily icon and then the search box.
> - refs to introduction and old news are not links, but @ref{...}
> texts. I know how to fix those links, I've done it in the past, and I
> have not touched them from my latest update.
>
> - pages in other languages do not have the Spanish link.
> - pages named whatever.es.html appear in English, only the "Other
> languages" link text appears in Spanish.

I can reproduce the same results on my machine with commit dfb615fd1ea66e453857b38a1c7a23e59c115938.

Dénes

Re: Website translation: Spanish problems

Hi Francisco,
Le dimanche 03 janvier 2010 à 23:04 +0100, Francisco Vila a écrit :
> - index.es.html has not quick links panel at the right side.
> - it doesn't have any top links, only the lily icon and then the search box.
> - refs to introduction and old news are not links, but @ref{...}
> texts. I know how to fix those links, I've done it in the past, and I
> have not touched them from my latest update.

Have you looked at Texi2HTML messages?  I got

"""
Map filename
is: /home/lilydev/git/lily/master/./out-www/xref-maps/web.es.xref-map
Docu name is web
Initializing settings for web site
** closing ifset (l. 271)
*** Undefined node `Introducción' in @ref (l. 101)
*** Undefined node `Old news' in @ref (l. 116)
"""

The "closing ifset" is very suspicious; I'm fixing it in all branches
this time (push awaits for final testing with merging most recent
changes), but please pay attention to Texi2HTML output next time it
happens.

> I am going to delete absolutely everything and start from scratch.

No; this issue just reminds you about looking for relevant messages of
the doc build process; even without debugging any Perl or Python code or
understanding cryptic TeX messages, you certainly can understand many
warnings and errors from Texi2HTML and many scripts in the build
process.  If our init script wasn't so bogus, and if I knew how to do
it, I'd enforce exit of Texi2HTML with non-zero status in case of any
erroneous Texinfo input.

Best,

2010/1/4 John Mandereau <[hidden email]>:

> ... but please pay attention to Texi2HTML output next time it
> happens.
>

>> I am going to delete absolutely everything and start from scratch.
>
> No; this issue just reminds you about looking for relevant messages of
> the doc build process; even without debugging any Perl or Python code or
> understanding cryptic TeX messages, you certainly can understand many
> warnings and errors from Texi2HTML and many scripts in the build
> process.  If our init script wasn't so bogus, and if I knew how to do
> it, I'd enforce exit of Texi2HTML with non-zero status in case of any
> erroneous Texinfo input.

Thank you, good advices, I'll try it.

'Delete absolutely everything' was

  rm -rf Documentation/ ; git reset --hard

after saving my own scripts in a zip file.