Website translation

Francisco Vila
Hello. If I understand it correctly, whenever I want to start
translating the web site into Spanish, I must  create a
Documentation/es/web directory (which it doesn't exist) and put ni
there the translated files. Right?

No le des el mando a distancia a Microsoft.  No utilices Windows 7.
http://windows7sins.org

Re: Website translation

John Mandereau
Hi Francisco e al,
Le mardi 15 décembre 2009 à 14:31 +0100, Francisco Vila a écrit :
> Hello. If I understand it correctly, whenever I want to start
> translating the web site into Spanish, I must  create a
> Documentation/es/web directory (which it doesn't exist) and put ni
> there the translated files. Right?

Yes, together with a copy of Documentation/es/learning/GNUmakefile, so
that files in es/web/ are distributed.

After more than 4 hours of struggling with Perl code, I finally got the
English docs working yesterday with xref maps and the merged Texi2HTML
init file, so I have good hope it will work for translations too.
However, I will probably not work on this until next Monday (to make the
last cosmetic details work and ensure some kind of maintainability), as
tomorrow evening I go back to France, then I will be busy in Paris from
Thursday to Sunday; this may mean that the website building in all
languages will work at the same time translation for files with priority
1 are ready in a few languages.

Best,