Working on merging master into translations

Working on merging master into translations

David Kastrup

Peculiarly, Documentation/es/changes.tely in master contains some
translated material for the 2.18 to 2.20 changes while in stable it is
listed as "untranslated".  I am afraid that there is no point in keeping
the achieved work in unstable.  Francisco, was this an oversight, or did
you decide that there was no way that you were going to do a translation
in time and removed the partial one?

Just curious.

--
David Kastrup

Re: Working on merging master into translations

Francisco Vila
El 1/3/20 a las 20:35, David Kastrup escribió:

> Peculiarly, Documentation/es/changes.tely in master contains some
> translated material for the 2.18 to 2.20 changes while in stable it is
> listed as "untranslated".  I am afraid that there is no point in keeping
> the achieved work in unstable.  Francisco, was this an oversight, or did
> you decide that there was no way that you were going to do a translation
> in time and removed the partial one?
>
> Just curious.

I do not plan translating changes for now. The partial work there is
previous to having decided that.

Would it be possible to add it afterwards?

--
Francisco Vila, Ph.D. - Badajoz (Spain)
paconet.org , lilypond.es

Francisco Vila <[hidden email]> writes:

> El 1/3/20 a las 20:35, David Kastrup escribió:
>> Peculiarly, Documentation/es/changes.tely in master contains some
>> translated material for the 2.18 to 2.20 changes while in stable it is
>> listed as "untranslated".  I am afraid that there is no point in keeping
>> the achieved work in unstable.  Francisco, was this an oversight, or did
>> you decide that there was no way that you were going to do a translation
>> in time and removed the partial one?
>> Just curious.
>>

> I do not plan translating changes for now. The partial work there is
> previous to having decided that.
>
> Would it be possible to add it afterwards?

It would be added to the stable/2.20 branch.  I don't have much of a
clue about how the update process of the web site works: the unstable
documentation is updated from master regularly if I remember correctly.
It may well be that the stable release online documentation is updated
only after actual releases.  I don't think it would be much of a problem
eventually releasing a 2.20.1 version once we think it would be a good
idea.  So it would likely be possible, but it's not like 2.21 is putting
its own work load on the translator table as well.

--
David Kastrup