add a remote branch (translation)

I've just set up a lilypond-git repo from scratch and downloaded the
master branch.
I wonder how can I add one more remote branch, specifically
"translation". I tried:

$ git remote add -ft translation -m translation   origin
git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git/
fatal: remote origin already exists.

What's wrong with this command?

Re: add a remote branch (translation)

David Bariod

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 1:14 AM, Federico Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I've just set up a lilypond-git repo from scratch and downloaded the master branch.
I wonder how can I add one more remote branch, specifically "translation". I tried:

$ git remote add -ft translation -m translation   origin git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git/
fatal: remote origin already exists.

What's wrong with this command?

The git remote add new remote.
So you can not add it twice.
You can use the set-branches subcommand:
git remote set-branches origin --add translation
and then
git fetch --all

David Bariod

Re: add a remote branch (translation)

Federico Bruni-2
Il 30/04/2012 08:43, David Bariod ha scritto:
> The git remote add new remote.
> So you can not add it twice.
> You can use the set-branches subcommand:
> git remote set-branches origin --add translation
> and then
> git fetch --all

Thanks David!
It works