adding a Texinfo Manual

Federico Bruni
Hi,

I've followed the procedure explained in CG 4.8.2 but I have
the following problems:

fede@debian:~/lilypond-translation/Documentation$ make ISOLANG=it
TEXT_LANGUTIL_FLAGS=--head-only skeleton-update mkdir -p it
/usr/bin/python ../scripts/auxiliar/texi-langutils.py -d ./out -l it
--skeleton ../learning.tely langdefs.py: warning: lilypond-doc gettext
domain not found. git rev-parse HEAD
FIXME: this is evil.  use cd DIR && texi-langutils ...
I/O error(2): ../version.itexi: No such file or directory
I/O error(2): ../learning/included/generating-output.itexi: No such
file or
directory /usr/bin/python ../scripts/auxiliar/texi-skeleton-update.py
it ./out texi-skeleton-update.py Copying new file common-macros.itexi...
Copying new file common-notation.itely...
Copying new file fundamental.itely...
Copying new file tweaks.itely...
Copying new file templates.itely...
Copying new file tutorial.itely...

All these files are in Documentation/it
common-notation, fundamental and tutorial have been already translated
and they are in Documentation/it/learning/
templates and tweaks are still to be translated

web.texi, which was in web/, has been moved in the parent directory
(???)

This is the output of tree:

fede@debian:~/lilypond-translation/Documentation/it$ tree
.
├── common-macros.itexi
├── common-notation.itely
├── fundamental.itely
├── GNUmakefile
├── learning
│   ├── common-notation.itely
│   ├── fundamental.itely
│   ├── GNUmakefile
│   ├── preface.itely
│   └── tutorial.itely
├── learning.tely
├── macros.itexi
├── templates.itely
├── texidocs
│   └── GNUmakefile
├── tutorial.itely
├── tweaks.itely
├── web
│   └── GNUmakefile
└── web.texi

3 directories, 17 files

Should I remove the generated files, move web.texi back in web/ and add
manually in web/ the files I want to translate?

Also, all these generated files have the same committish:
afdfd9e608370743933d8dfdaa03a682053c33c9

the same code I get from this command:
git rev-list HEAD |head -1

so I guess that's the committish I should put in the header
section of the files I want to translate

Sorry, I'm a "totally Git-ignorant".

http://gnurag.net/blog/
http://fsfe.org/
http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/LibrePlanetItalia

Re: adding a Texinfo Manual

Francisco Vila
2010/3/13 Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>:
> web.texi, which was in web/, has been moved in the parent directory
> (???)

This is correct.

> Should I remove the generated files,

common-notation, fundamental etc should be in learning/ , not it/

> move web.texi back in web/

No, web.texi has to be outside of web/

>  and add
> manually in web/ the files I want to translate?

Yes.

> Also, all these generated files have the same committish:
> afdfd9e608370743933d8dfdaa03a682053c33c9
>
> the same code I get from this command:
> git rev-list HEAD |head -1
>
> so I guess that's the committish I should put in the header
> section of the files I want to translate

Yes.

Re: adding a Texinfo Manual

Federico Bruni
Il giorno Sat, 13 Mar 2010 01:20:16 +0100
Francisco Vila <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> 2010/3/13 Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>:
> > web.texi, which was in web/, has been moved in the parent directory
> > (???)
>
> This is correct.

Yes, sorry: web.texi was in it/ before running the skeleton-update.
It was late yesterday night and I realized I wrote this stupid thing
just before falling asleep.

> > Should I remove the generated files,
>
> common-notation, fundamental etc should be in learning/ , not it/

this is really a mistake of the script (if I'm not  missing something)

I'll remove them and go on manually.