check-translation problem

Federico Bruni
I'm studyin' and tryin' the commands of the "Documentation translation
maintenance" of the CG.
I have the following problem:

fede@debian:~/lilypond-translation/Documentation$ make ISOLANG=it
check-translation
ISOLANG=it /usr/bin/python ../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py
it/learning.tely it/learning/common-notation.itely
it/learning/fundamental.itely it/learning/preface.itely
it/learning/tutorial.itely it/macros.itexi
langdefs.py: warning: lilypond-doc gettext domain not found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 168, in <module>
     main ()
   File "../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 165, in main
     do_file (i, langdefs.LANGDICT.keys ())
   File "../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 54, in do_file
     raise Exception ('cannot determine language for ' + file_name)
Exception: cannot determine language for it/learning.tely
make: *** [check-translation] Error 1

What's wrong?
http://gnurag.net/blog/
http://fsfe.org/
http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/LibrePlanetItalia

Re: check-translation problem

John Mandereau
Hi Federico,
Le lundi 18 janvier 2010 à 17:22 +0100, Federico Bruni a écrit :
> I'm studyin' and tryin' the commands of the "Documentation translation
> maintenance" of the CG.
> I have the following problem:

> fede@debian:~/lilypond-translation/Documentation$ make ISOLANG=it
> check-translation
> ISOLANG=it /usr/bin/python ../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py
> it/learning.tely it/learning/common-notation.itely
> it/learning/fundamental.itely it/learning/preface.itely
> it/learning/tutorial.itely it/macros.itexi
> langdefs.py: warning: lilypond-doc gettext domain not found.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 168, in <module>
>      main ()
>    File "../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 165, in main
>      do_file (i, langdefs.LANGDICT.keys ())
>    File "../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 54, in do_file
>      raise Exception ('cannot determine language for ' + file_name)
> Exception: cannot determine language for it/learning.tely
> make: *** [check-translation] Error 1
I can't reproduce this.  First, check that it/learning.tely still
contains "@documentlanguage it" at the beginning and that it's on a line
that is not commented out.  If this is OK, then try

cd TOP-SRC-DIR
make -C python clean
make -C scripts cleean
make -C python
cd Documentation
make ISOLANG=it check-translation

The first three make invocations should not be necessary usually, but it
may have happen that some compiled Python module got stalled or altered.
If check-translation still doesn't work, then please report like you
just did.

Best, and I'm looking forward to meeting you again soon ;-)

On 18/01/2010 17:44, John Mandereau wrote:

> cd TOP-SRC-DIR
> make -C python clean
> make -C scripts cleean
> make -C python
> cd Documentation
> make ISOLANG=it check-translation

this helped, now it works, thanks

but I have a problem with this command:

fede@debian:~/lilypond-translation/Documentation$ make
CHECKED_FILES=it/learning.tely check-translation
ISOLANG= /usr/bin/python ../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py
langdefs.py: warning: lilypond-doc gettext domain not found.

I tried with different files, even of other languages than italian,
but I get the same error.

> Best, and I'm looking forward to meeting you again soon ;-)
> John

Me too, as soon as I come back to Italy I'll let you know.
I'm sure your italian will be just perfect then (it is very good already).
Best,

Le lundi 18 janvier 2010 à 18:09 +0100, Federico Bruni a écrit :
> I have a problem with this command:
>
> fede@debian:~/lilypond-translation/Documentation$ make
> CHECKED_FILES=it/learning.tely check-translation
> ISOLANG= /usr/bin/python ../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py
> langdefs.py: warning: lilypond-doc gettext domain not found.
>
> I tried with different files, even of other languages than italian,
> but I get the same error.

What error are you talking about?  If you mean the warning, it's
completely harmless for check-translation, but if you want to get rid of
it do

make -C TOP-SOURCE/Documentation/po out=www messages

All the best,