committing priority 1 files

Federico Bruni
Hey,

I've finally updated all the files with priority 1 (except the .po
file, which will come later, in 10 days hopefully).

I've realized that I've updated the translated files to version 2.13
(well, that's why there were so many changes.. more than I thought at
first glance to the diffs).
The misleading hint was the fact that each file starts with:
@c \version "2.12.0"

So I thought it was the doc for version 2.12

Anyway, isn't it better if I work on 2.13?
And please let me understand once for all (I have a huge mess in my
mind): where is the stable documentation and where is the dev
documentation?

I've added this branch, as described in the CG 2.13 (CG 2.12 was blank):
git remote add -f -t lilypond/translation -m lilypond/translation
origin git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git/

==================================
Here are the files ready to commit
==================================

Documentation/it:
learning.tely
macros.itexi
translations.template.html.in
index.html.in
lilypond-texi2html.init (TRANSLATIONS section updated)

dedication.itely has been removed maybe?
if so, you should also update the list in the CG

Documentation/it/learning:
common-notation.itely
fundamental.itely
preface.itely
tutorial.itely

Can I commit them?
I'm waitng for your OK..

Federico Bruni  |  http://www.gnurag.net/blog/

LibrePlanet Italia
http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/LibrePlanetItalia

Re: committing priority 1 files

John Mandereau
Le jeudi 05 novembre 2009 à 11:07 +0100, Federico Bruni a écrit :
> I've realized that I've updated the translated files to version 2.13
> (well, that's why there were so many changes.. more than I thought at
> first glance to the diffs).
> The misleading hint was the fact that each file starts with:
> @c \version "2.12.0"
>
> So I thought it was the doc for version 2.12

It means syntax of ly snippets in the documentation has not been updated
with convert-ly since 2.12.  To see the version of the sources you're
working on, see file VERSION.

> Anyway, isn't it better if I work on 2.13?

2.14 is expected to be released by the end of this year, so that's
reasonable.

> And please let me understand once for all (I have a huge mess in my
> mind): where is the stable documentation and where is the dev
> documentation?

If you mean the sources, read the whole Chapter 1 of the Contrib Guide,
it's quite short and will give you a good overview of where the sources
are located, and browse through the online Web repository; you'll see
that what you ask for is in stable/2.12 and master, respectively.

> I've added this branch, as described in the CG 2.13 (CG 2.12 was blank):
> git remote add -f -t lilypond/translation -m lilypond/translation
> origin git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git/

Ah yes, CG in 2.12 branch is quite crappy on translations; I'm not sure
it's worth fixing it.

> dedication.itely has been removed maybe?
> if so, you should also update the list in the CG

Done.

> Can I commit them?

Yes, but don't forget Documentation/po/it.po.

Best,

Re: committing priority 1 files

Federico Bruni
Hi John,

thanks for the explanation, things are getting clearer..

John Mandereau wrote:
> Le jeudi 05 novembre 2009 à 11:07 +0100, Federico Bruni a écrit :
>> Can I commit them?
>
> Yes, but don't forget Documentation/po/it.po.

I've committed the files right now.

Don't worry, I'm in touch with the guys of translationproject.org and
I'm working on it.po

John Mandereau wrote:
  > Yes, but don't forget Documentation/po/it.po.

Ooops.. I've just realized that the .po file for Documentation is very
small.
This is the original: Documentation/po/lilypond-doc.pot
If I only read the doc carefully! :-)

So I'll commit the translated file in a few minutes.

The big file is po/lilypond.pot
I've already asked the assignment to translatorproject.org
coordinators.. which is a good thing, as translation will be
consistent with the rest of the doc.

I can see it's not on the list of priority files, so I'll take it easy.

Le vendredi 06 novembre 2009 à 10:58 +0100, Federico Bruni a écrit :
> John Mandereau wrote:
>   > Yes, but don't forget Documentation/po/it.po.
> >

> Ooops.. I've just realized that the .po file for Documentation is very
> small.

It used to contain all node names and section titles, which are
translated now directly in the sources.  I guess you had not started
translating the PO file with node names and section titles, otherwise
you should msgmerge the new POT into the old PO you started.

Best,