2011/4/4 Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>:
> As it seems that we are finally approaching to the 2.14 release, can you
> give me some advice about the switch 2.13 > 2.14?
If our translations are in a good shape, I think that's all we need to do.
> I've started the translation of 2.13 Doc, that will become the 2.14 Doc.
> I want to go on with translating this version.
I think it is too late to accomplish a translation for 2.14; just
translate what you can and, if you want to have a stable release
completely translated into Italian, start working now and get it in
time for 2.16. Of course, all is possible and certainly there will be
2.14.2 and maybe 2.14.3 which could complete parts of translated
> The questions are:
> - the current lilypond/translation branch will become the 2.15 Doc?
Keep in mind that lilypond/translation HEAD is identical to master
HEAD after a merge. 2.14 stable will be forked from master.
Development and translation of 2.15 will continue as always, in master
> where will 2.14 Doc go? In a separate branch?
Yes, forked from master. Before this, we will merge, maybe just today.
> - as I have a pending patch for Usage (waiting for proofreading), I
> wonder when I'd better send it here. There is any "deadline" for 2.13
> Doc new translations (because of the next switch to 2.14)?
We can keep offering translations while hoping to see them released
for 2.14.2 or 2.14.3, not necessarily for 2.14.1
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com
Il giorno mar, 05/04/2011 alle 00.28 +0200, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
> Keep in mind that lilypond/translation HEAD is identical to master
> HEAD after a merge. 2.14 stable will be forked from master.
> Development and translation of 2.15 will continue as always, in master
> and lilypond/translation.
Ok, I guessed so.
And this means that I could work on 2.14 branch. Even though in this
case I should wait for a new minor release of that version (to see my
updates published), which is not supposed to happen many times for
I'll see what to do.
Maybe I'd better keeping translating lilypond/translation and waiting
for 2.16 to see a completed italian stable documentation.
I think I'll go this way.