make CHECKED_FILES not working

Federico Bruni-2
Hey translators

Does this work for you?

make CHECKED_FILES=MY_LANGUAGE/manual/foo.itely check-translation

From: http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/documentation-translation-maintenance

It doesn't here.

$ make CHECKED_FILES=it/learning/templates.itely check-translation
ISOLANG= /usr/bin/python -tt ../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py

I can't remember and can't find in the archives if there's a solution (some make command to be launched before).

Anyway, I prefer using git:

git <revision> <path>
git diff 67a345f965d169bc1acd23ff4160914fb2142f38 learning/templates.itely

where 67a3... is the committish of the last revision used to translate. The committish copied at the beginning of the translated file.

So this works fine only if the translator knows which version to track from, i.e. if he pasted the specific last commit of  the file he updated. This is what I always do (I think that Francisco gave this recommendation to me years ago), but not what the documentation suggests.

What do you think?
There's an open issue to update the CG for translators:

Re: make CHECKED_FILES not working

Jean-Charles MALAHIEUDE
Le 24/12/2014 16:03, Federico Bruni a écrit :

> Hey translators
>
> Does this work for you?
>
> make CHECKED_FILES=MY_LANGUAGE/manual/foo.itely check-translation
>
> From:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/documentation-translation-maintenance
>
> It doesn't here.
>
> $ make CHECKED_FILES=it/learning/templates.itely check-translation
> ISOLANG= /usr/bin/python -tt ../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py
>
> I can't remember and can't find in the archives if there's a solution
> (some make command to be launched before).
>
> Anyway, I prefer using git:
>
> git <revision> <path>
> git diff 67a345f965d169bc1acd23ff4160914fb2142f38 learning/templates.itely
>
> where 67a3... is the committish of the last revision used to translate.
> The committish copied at the beginning of the translated file.
>
> So this works fine only if the translator knows which version to track
> from, i.e. if he pasted the specific last commit of  the file he
> updated. This is what I always do (I think that Francisco gave this
> recommendation to me years ago), but not what the documentation suggests.
>
> What do you think?

Since I usually compile before checking, I run in emacs

C-x C-d ~/GIT/Traduc/Documentation/
M-x compile
command: make ISOLANG=fr NO_COLOR=1 check-translation > ../../chktrans

and then open ~/GIT/chktrans as a base.

> There's an open issue to update the CG for translators:
> https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2721

Thanks for reminding!

And a happy Christmas-eve!
Buon natale a tutti

Re: make CHECKED_FILES not working

> Hey translators
>
> Does this work for you?
>
> make CHECKED_FILES=MY_LANGUAGE/manual/foo.itely check-translation
>
> From:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/documentation-translation-maintenance
>
> It doesn't here.
>
> $ make CHECKED_FILES=it/learning/templates.itely check-translation

This works under Documentation/

> ISOLANG= /usr/bin/python -tt ../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py

Here I obtain
import langdefs
ImportError: No module named langdefs

even after

make -C python/

which usually works. So, no idea at the moment.

Re: make CHECKED_FILES not working

> Hey translators
>
> Does this work for you?
>
> make CHECKED_FILES=MY_LANGUAGE/manual/foo.itely check-translation
>
> From:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/documentation-translation-maintenance
>
> It doesn't here.
>
> $ make CHECKED_FILES=it/learning/templates.itely check-translation

This works under Documentation/

Yes, I was in Documentation/

> ISOLANG= /usr/bin/python -tt ../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py

Here I obtain
import langdefs
ImportError: No module named langdefs

even after

make -C python/

which usually works. So, no idea at the moment.

I'm on my desktop at work now and I get the following on a file which is currently out-of-date:

$ cd Documentation
$ make CHECKED_FILES=it/changes.tely check-translation
ISOLANG= /usr/bin/python -tt ../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py
langdefs.py: warning: lilypond-doc gettext domain not found.

'ISOLANG=' is empty. Is it expected? If I use ISOLANG=it I get the diff of all translated files.

The warning doesn't matter, I guess. I tried fixing this way but didn't work:

$ export LYDOC_LOCALEDIR=$LILYPOND_GIT/Documentation/po
$ echo $LYDOC_LOCALEDIR
/home/fede/lilypond-git/Documentation/po
$ make CHECKED_FILES=changes.tely check-translation
ISOLANG= /usr/bin/python -tt ../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py
langdefs.py: warning: lilypond-doc gettext domain not found.

Re: make CHECKED_FILES not working

Walter Garcia-Fontes
I was checking this old message

* Jean-Charles Malahieude, [hidden email] [24/12/14 17:59]:
> Since I usually compile before checking, I run in emacs
>
> C-x C-d ~/GIT/Traduc/Documentation/
> M-x compile
> command: make ISOLANG=fr NO_COLOR=1 check-translation > ../../chktrans
>
> and then open ~/GIT/chktrans as a base.

since I want to check my current translation to see how updated it is.

I was trying this. First I was getting an error that I didn't have
permission to write ../../checktrans, so I changed it to ~/checktrans,
since I don't know exactly where this was trying to write. After doing
this I get:

make: *** No rule to make target 'check-translation'.  Stop.

I have my git repository in

/data/lilypong/lilypond-git

and I have my build in:

/data/lilypong/lilypond-git/build

I'm opening emacs in this last directory, and I haven't made any "make
clean" or "make doc-clean". I've tried with different directories in
the line:
C-x C-d ...

but I don't know what this first command is supposed to do.

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes