make check availability

Francisco Vila
Hello. I am not translating anything since a while ago, being the reasons

 - deep transformations and directory reorganization of the docs,
including new node naming system
 - check scripts said broken or unstable.  This in turn makes previous
point worse.
 - John is overwhelmed by huge amounts of pendant tasks, all of them
very urgent, really.  This makes previous points even worse.
 - I am on vacation and family has the priority
 - a day not reading the lists leads to a pair of days reading the
lists (too much for me)
 - sometimes I contribute to the new website as well
 - I have to complete a book for my PhD preliminary courses before October
 - preparing a trip to Paris, a week long, starting five days from now
 - my laptop is dead

among others.

I've been tempted to sign off completely and reopen the season on
January 2010. In the meantime, if I continue online, I have to learn
to delete every remotely irrelevant message.

My question/rogue is, when reliable check scripts are available again
and the English docs are reasonably stable, could somebody write me a
personal message? Thanks.

See you
www.paconet.org
www.csmbadajoz.com

Re: make check availability

John Mandereau
Le lundi 10 août 2009 à 17:49 +0200, Francisco Vila a écrit :
> I've been tempted to sign off completely and reopen the season on
> January 2010. In the meantime, if I continue online, I have to learn
> to delete every remotely irrelevant message.

Now we have a dedicated list for translations, I no longer recommend you
to read all of lilypond-devel traffic, you could even unsuscribe and
rely on status messages I'll forward or write to this list.  Of course,
translators who contribute to other LilyPond areas (docs, code, web
site) should keep reading lilypond-devel as much as possible.

> My question/rogue is, when reliable check scripts are available again

If you read only all messages on this list, you'll see that make
check-translation works now, and I even enabled word-by-word diff in
color diffs, which should help for translation update.  Translation
status works again too BTW.

> and the English docs are reasonably stable, could somebody write me a
> personal message?

Will messages I'll post to this list with subject [English docs status]
be enough?

Best,

Re: make check availability

Francisco Vila
2009/8/11 John Mandereau <[hidden email]>:
> Will messages I'll post to this list with subject [English docs status]
> be enough?

Yes, thank you
www.paconet.org
www.csmbadajoz.com

Re: make check availability

Till Paala
Thanks John, BTW!!!

I tried it last night and got a long nice list (well, long and much work :-). For some reason the moving around of some files was not discovered (like literature.itely or notation-appendices.itely) but they are easily spotted. I just assumed that they would be quite of the same contents, don't know why they have not been discovered by your magic script.
Some sections were moved and I didn't find yet where they went (so far I discovered sections Updating files with convert-ly and Problems with convert-ly which were moved from AU to somewhere?)

I have them saved in another file, so let's see if I discover their new home -- a grep in the english docs might help I guess.

How is the update of texidoc texts now organized, do I have to run makelsr? How safe is this nowadays (at the moment I don*t have time to spent on reorganizing and installing the build system into a virtual machine)?

I thought also of unsubscribing to -devel, there is so much traffic and I just have to use the delete buttom all the time. I guess I can also benefit from the messages for Francisco.

Greetings
Till

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:05:55 +0200
Von: John Mandereau <[hidden email]>
An: [hidden email]
Betreff: Re: [translations] make check availability

Le mardi 11 août 2009 à 13:45 +0200, Till Paala a écrit :
> I tried it last night and got a long nice list (well, long and much
> work :-). For some reason the moving around of some files was not
> discovered (like literature.itely or notation-appendices.itely) but
> they are easily spotted.

They will be handled by check-translation when you move the files in
translations too.  BTW it would be very nice if people that move files
move them in all languages as far as possible, at least to make them
realize the impact it has on translations.  There is no way doing this
can be mandatory, but this is globally more productive and raises your
karma

> Some sections were moved and I didn't find yet where they went (so far
> I discovered sections Updating files with convert-ly and Problems with
> convert-ly which were moved from AU to somewhere?)
>
> I have them saved in another file, so let's see if I discover their
> new home -- a grep in the english docs might help I guess.

Yes.  When you move sections, please do in all languages; it will be
more efficient at the scale of all translators and contributors.  If you
don't have much time, it's even preferable to not move all sections but
to do the same thing for all languages.

> How is the update of texidoc texts now organized, do I have to run
> makelsr?

Yes, at top of the source tree, and without any argument.

> I thought also of unsubscribing to -devel, there is so much traffic
> and I just have to use the delete buttom all the time.

Yeah, traffic becomes too high to require translators to read it.

>  I guess I can also benefit from the messages for Francisco.

It should suffice to read email subjects on translations list, I won't
send personal messages for this.  Alternatively, you can check updates
to Documentation/contributor/doc-translation-list.itexi, I think I
should create a "Purgatory" priority level for English files being
overhauled :-)

Re: make check availability

2009/8/10 Francisco Vila <[hidden email]>:
> My question/rogue is, when reliable check scripts are available again
> and the English docs are reasonably stable, could somebody write me a
> personal message? Thanks.

This is one of the most stupid things I've said in a list. I beg your pardon.
www.paconet.org
www.csmbadajoz.com