makelsr does nothing

Francisco Vila
Hello, translators
I'm a little confused. I have updated four texidoc strings accordingly
to originals. Then I changed to the base directory and issued

  $ python scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py

This is suppossed to update *.ly files in Documentation/snippets/
following my changes, and messages output from the command suggest
that this is what it's done, but then

  $ git diff

shows nothing, so I have nothing to commit, other than my changes to
texidocs. Any ideas on how to update LSR? I need a commit to put in
the texidoc files to mark them as up to date.

Re: makelsr does nothing

Federico Bruni-2
Il 11/03/2013 21:03, Francisco Vila ha scritto:

> Hello, translators
> I'm a little confused. I have updated four texidoc strings accordingly
> to originals. Then I changed to the base directory and issued
>
>    $ python scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py
>
> This is suppossed to update *.ly files in Documentation/snippets/
> following my changes, and messages output from the command suggest
> that this is what it's done, but then
>
>    $ git diff
>
> shows nothing, so I have nothing to commit, other than my changes to
> texidocs. Any ideas on how to update LSR? I need a commit to put in
> the texidoc files to mark them as up to date.

Hi Francisco

I think that you forgot that now .texidoc files are included in the ly
files during the build process.
AFAIK, makelsr is needed only to get the updates from the LSR server.
Translators can forget it.

So just run make && make doc and you'll see your updates in the compiled
documentation.
As committish, just use the current head commit or the commit of the
corresponding .ly file

Re: makelsr does nothing

Francisco Vila
2013/3/11 Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>:
> I think that you forgot that now .texidoc files are included in the ly files
> during the build process.
> AFAIK, makelsr is needed only to get the updates from the LSR server.
> Translators can forget it.
>
> So just run make && make doc and you'll see your updates in the compiled
> documentation.
> As committish, just use the current head commit or the commit of the
> corresponding .ly file

Thank you. I think I never did it that way since it was modified.

Re: makelsr does nothing

Yoshiki Sawada
Hello Francisco,

When I make patches to add or update texdoc files, I need to "git add Documentation/lang/texdocs/*".

Sincerely,
Yoshiki Sawada

2013年3月12日火曜日 Francisco Vila [hidden email]:

2013/3/12 Yoshiki Sawada <[hidden email]>:
> Hello Francisco,
>
> When I make patches to add or update texdoc files, I need to "git add
> Documentation/lang/texdocs/*".

Yes, thank you, I know how to commit my changes to texidoc files. What
we used to do was to commit the result of makelsr first, then put that
commit ID into the texidoc files, so that they are marked as updated.

Now it seems this has changed and the commit ID to put in texidoc
files is just that of the Documentation/snippets/*.ly files they
translate.

The problem for me is that I have never actually moved to this new
policy, until now.
Thanks!

Re: makelsr does nothing

Federico Bruni-2

2013/3/12 Francisco Vila <[hidden email]>
What
we used to do was to commit the result of makelsr first, then put that
commit ID into the texidoc files, so that they are marked as updated.

Now it seems this has changed and the commit ID to put in texidoc
files is just that of the Documentation/snippets/*.ly files they
translate.

The problem for me is that I have never actually moved to this new
policy, until now.

you should be forced to this new policy since running makesr is no more required and texidoc translations have been removed from snippets and added only during the build

since 2.15.42:

Re: makelsr does nothing

sandyronger
Purchasers from time to time ahead anxiously avant-garde of accepting a Goyard travelling bag artlessly because it seems lightweight, about can board homeowners acquired Goyard accoutrements assert by their own courage added amazing excellent. http://topbagshere.com/goods-6-Goyard-Fidji-Tote-bags-4590-Green.html goyard bags at bergdorf goodman Purchasing you can aperture the case though, aback the battle accoutrements can be complete big-ticket and added big-ticket to those who allegation to acclimate their authentic carriers by acceptance just one which has a monogrammed or even a top.

Re: makelsr does nothing

2013/3/12 Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>

2013/3/12 Francisco Vila <[hidden email]>
What
we used to do was to commit the result of makelsr first, then put that
commit ID into the texidoc files, so that they are marked as updated.

Now it seems this has changed and the commit ID to put in texidoc
files is just that of the Documentation/snippets/*.ly files they
translate.

The problem for me is that I have never actually moved to this new
policy, until now.

you should be forced to this new policy since running makesr is no more required and texidoc translations have been removed from snippets and added only during the build

since 2.15.42:

Just a note:

I think that the documentation doesn't suggest how to force the snippets  to be recompiled, so you can check how your final translation looks like.
Just modify the mtime of the snippets with touch:

touch Documentation/snippets/*.ly
make doc