some compilation problems

Till Paala
Hi John,

did you start your new life already? How is it going?

Pushed my updates today, but after git pull compilation doesn't work
anymore at least with make doc in the Documentation/de directory. I did
./autogen and make all which work, but make doc gives this error:

make[1]: *** No rule to make target
`/./out-www/xref-maps/application.de.xref-map', needed by
`local-WWW-1'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `Lilypond/Doc/kompile/Documentation/de'

I didn't investigate more, don't have the time today. This is mainly to
let you know about it. I can to a clean build tomorrow and see if it
changes something.

Greetings
Till

Re: some compilation problems

John Mandereau
Le mercredi 26 août 2009 à 22:01 +0300, Till Paala a écrit :
> Hi John,
>
> did you start your new life already? How is it going?

I have found a flat in Pisa and will move there on 1st October.
However, I'm still very busy with setting up a joint supervision of my
PhD between Pisa and Paris 6 universities, so I'm sorry not to be able
to quickly reply on LilyPond lists.

> Pushed my updates today, but after git pull compilation doesn't work
> anymore at least with make doc in the Documentation/de directory. I did
> ./autogen and make all which work, but make doc gives this error:
>
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target
> `/./out-www/xref-maps/application.de.xref-map', needed by
> `local-WWW-1'.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `Lilypond/Doc/kompile/Documentation/de'

Thanks for the report, I'll look at this within a couple of days.

Best,

Re: some compilation problems

Le mercredi 26 août 2009 à 22:01 +0300, Till Paala a écrit :
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target
> `/./out-www/xref-maps/application.de.xref-map', needed by
> `local-WWW-1'.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `Lilypond/Doc/kompile/Documentation/de'
>
> I didn't investigate more, don't have the time today. This is mainly to
> let you know about it. I can to a clean build tomorrow and see if it
> changes something.

Sorry, I can't reproduce this error and get no other error with a clean
build on lilypond/translation, so I merged this branch with master.

Le lundi 31 août 2009 à 10:13 +0200, John Mandereau a écrit :
> Le mercredi 26 août 2009 à 22:01 +0300, Till Paala a écrit :
> > make[1]: *** No rule to make target
> > `/./out-www/xref-maps/application.de.xref-map', needed by
> > `local-WWW-1'.  Stop.
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `Lilypond/Doc/kompile/Documentation/de'
>
> Thanks for the report, I'll look at this within a couple of days.

Unfortunately, I've not been able to reproduce this error, that's why I
merged lilypond/translation and master a few days ago.  Was it a clean
build?  Which commands in which directories did you issue exactly?

Best,

John Mandereau schrieb:
> Unfortunately, I've not been able to reproduce this error, that's why I
> merged lilypond/translation and master a few days ago.  Was it a clean
> build?  Which commands in which directories did you issue exactly?
>
> Best,
> John

Hi John

I won't get the error either, but the old behaviour is back: I updated
my texi2html to 1.82 and now when I do make doc either in / or in
/Documentation it gets stuck on the Japanese learning.texi. There are
now messages, it just doesn't continue anymore with processor at 100 %.
No idea what is going on.
If compiling only one language (besides Japanese) everything goes fine,
but I can't build the whole. That seems to be a mistake on my hardy
system, but I don't know what it can be. Do you have an idea how I could
troubleshoot? It might be about some Japanese fonts (?) or something
else connected to Japanese language settings, but I don't know how to
find out what causes the problem.

Greetings
Till