state of the new web site

Till Paala
Hi all translators,
how is the state of the new web site, can it already be translated?
I don't have too much time now for translation, but I remember that
there was the idea to release the next lilypond 2.13 only after the
website will be up and translated.

It is so astonishing silent about lilypond since I stopped delivery of
all mails from -devel and -user lists. So here some noise on the
developer's list. ;-)

Greetings
Till

Re: state of the new web site

John Mandereau
Le mercredi 26 août 2009 à 21:54 +0300, Till Paala a écrit :
> how is the state of the new web site, can it already be translated?
> I don't have too much time now for translation, but I remember that
> there was the idea to release the next lilypond 2.13 only after the
> website will be up and translated.

No, the web site will be up at the same time as 2.14, and one
requirement for this is that pages of the new site marked with priority
1 are translated in 3 languages -- it would be nice if we had the same
number of translation languages as we have for current web site of
course.

> It is so astonishing silent about lilypond since I stopped delivery of
> all mails from -devel and -user lists. So here some noise on the
> developer's list. ;-)

There is no LilyPond developer on this list besides Valentin and me :-)

Re: state of the new web site

Till Paala
John Mandereau schrieb:

No, the web site will be up at the same time as 2.14, and one
requirement for this is that pages of the new site marked with priority
1 are translated in 3 languages -- it would be nice if we had the same
number of translation languages as we have for current web site of
course.

Sorry John, I didn't understand this. I just checked the web-gop repository and didn't find anything really new in /site/... How do I get the state of the new web page? Should I load the repository web-gop? And run check-translation? Or remove all German stuff and start the language from the beginning? As far as I could see noboday has yet translated anything to web-gop (and the section about translating the web site is still empty).

So is it right that I don't yet bother?

It is so astonishing silent about lilypond since I stopped delivery of
all mails from -devel and -user lists. So here some noise on the
developer's list. ;-)

There is no LilyPond developer on this list besides Valentin and me :-)

True, I beg your pardon.

Till

Re: state of the new web site

John Mandereau
Le lundi 07 septembre 2009 à 19:50 +0300, Till Paala a écrit :
> Sorry John, I didn't understand this. I just checked the web-gop
> repository and didn't find anything really new in /site/... How do I
> get the state of the new web page? Should I load the repository
> web-gop? And run check-translation? Or remove all German stuff and
> start the language from the beginning? As far as I could see noboday
> has yet translated anything to web-gop (and the section about
> translating the web site is still empty).

Except if you want to contribute to developing the site in English, you
have no interest in looking at web-gop branch.  When a part of the site
becomes ready to be translated, the files will be on master branch (and
henceforth on lilypond/translation branch), the file names will be added
in the translatable files list in the Contributors' Guide and I'll send
a notice on this list.

Re: state of the new web site

Till Paala
John Mandereau schrieb:

> Except if you want to contribute to developing the site in English, you
> have no interest in looking at web-gop branch.  When a part of the site
> becomes ready to be translated, the files will be on master branch (and
> henceforth on lilypond/translation branch), the file names will be added
> in the translatable files list in the Contributors' Guide and I'll send
> a notice on this list.
>
> Cheers,
> John

Ok, great! I will wait for this. In fact I did remember that the web
site was going to be moved to master eventually.

Greetings from autumnal Rovaniemi
Till