translated jazz template for de,es

Francisco Vila
Hello all,

I have noticed a problem in Jazz Combo template in Templates Appendix
A  of Learning manual; it is translated to "de" and "es" thanks to
some gettext magic.  It does not compile perfectly if you copy their
code from the localized webpage. The reason is "bass" being used as a
context ID and a variable name, (so far, so good) but also for "\clef
bass" which should not be translated.

Unfortunately, I can not find where in the Po is "bass" being
translated for this purpose.  (I have found the place for "bass" as
context ID and variable but not for the argument of \clef).
German gets "\clef Bass" and Spanish gets "\clef bajo" both of which
do not work as expected.

Ideas?

Re: translated jazz template for de,es

John Mandereau
Il giorno lun, 22/03/2010 alle 01.55 +0100, Francisco Vila ha scritto:

> I have noticed a problem in Jazz Combo template in Templates Appendix
> A  of Learning manual; it is translated to "de" and "es" thanks to
> some gettext magic.  It does not compile perfectly if you copy their
> code from the localized webpage. The reason is "bass" being used as a
> context ID and a variable name, (so far, so good) but also for "\clef
> bass" which should not be translated.
>
> Unfortunately, I can not find where in the Po is "bass" being
> translated for this purpose.  (I have found the place for "bass" as
> context ID and variable but not for the argument of \clef).
> German gets "\clef Bass" and Spanish gets "\clef bajo" both of which
> do not work as expected.
The game is played in lilypond-book.py:verb_ly_gettext ().  I'm trying
to hack the regular expressions to avoid this unwanted translation of
clef name.

Best,

Il giorno mer, 31/03/2010 alle 14.13 +0200, John Mandereau ha scritto:
> The game is played in lilypond-book.py:verb_ly_gettext ().  I'm trying
> to hack the regular expressions to avoid this unwanted translation of
> clef name.

Please test my fix, and if you wish read the commit message for details.