> I'm looking at the log of the translation branch and I see a couple of
> commits by David in January, but no merge commit before that. The VERSION
> shows 2.17.96
> When will you merge master in translation?
> Do you want to hold translation until the release of 2.18.1?
Yes. I hope I'll get to wrap up 2.18.1 in the first half of February.
I am currently still thrashing with finishing my work on the somewhat
frequently used "git blame" utility and have not reached
feature-completeness after rewriting its internals.
Also I need to make a new printer for my mother work on an old Ubuntu
system tomorrow (I really wish she'd consult me before letting some
store clerk sell her new hardware instead of considering an admittedly
expensive repair since it implies something like 7 hours and €30 of
travel whenever I have to come over).
At any rate, the git-blame stuff is looking like a reasonable
improvement when compared to before:
dak@lola:/usr/local/tmp/emacs$ time ../git/git blame >/dev/null src/xdisp.c
dak@lola:/usr/local/tmp/emacs$ time git blame >/dev/null src/xdisp.c
So the effort definitely seems worth finishing. But it does impact
keeping up with LilyPond, and I'm sorry for that.
Unfortunately, my laptop battery is close to shot, so most of the train
time is wasted for work.
Please bear with me: I hope we can move translations over in few weeks